post any random Mario thought on your mind

From just across the pond, I'm like, super close to the coast of the Mediterranean sea.

I actually own 5 Chibi figurines of Mario, Luigi, DK, Yoshi and Toad. I used to have a Koopa Troopa that came along with these, but I think we lost it. I'm not sure if they're horrifiying enough to go to the other thread tho. But yes...

I have definitely seen some shit.

Aww, I think you should share the crap with the phone. It'll make the thread more interesting, and it would save some work trying to keep the thread fresh (I'm frequently looking for new content to post there).

Princess Mario said:
Lucario said:
Well... in a bootleggy way.
Ohhhh you should contribute to that Look at it thread if you seen any good ones.

How the hell did you find even that cereal as I've never ever seen it in the wild where I am, in suburbian United Freaking States.

And, uh, didn't know you were from there. Hi from across the pond. :)
Oddly enough, I found the Mario cereal at my local Walmart once and bought it, but I've never seen it there since (I also live in suburbian United Freaking States). It was surprising that it was there at all since my Walmart is infamous for not carrying weird uncommon stuff.

I want the Mario cereal. But I don't like fruit, so I don't know if I'd like it.

I also hope I'm not the only male who thinks that Super Princess Peach would be an awesome game if I played it?
peach.gif

I like how King Boo not only does the vacuum noises again, but also calls Luigi 'Green Stache' just like Bowser used to.

I'm still amazed that exists.

I thought I had played New Super Mario Bros. to last me a lifetime and then some, but now I almost wish I still had it because I'm curious about how it has held up with some distance from it. Before I'd grown tired of it, it felt so innovative and fresh, I remember being amazed by the rope swinging, cliff wall climbing in worldsix and the raining lava in world eight, especially as I went from the NES games straight to that. Unfortunately I feel this game has suffered in hindsight with the other NSMB entries being more or less the same thing over and over again.

Moldomré said:
I also hope I'm not the only male who thinks that Super Princess Peach would be an awesome game if I played it?
peach.gif
No shame in that.

I'm already crossing a perceived gender boundary, so why can't you.

All boundaries exist to be crossed.

Learn to embrace femininity, guys.

One of my mottos is "I am perfectly confident in my masculinity. Or lack thereof." So I think I got the femininity thing down.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
Learn to embrace femininity, guys.

I embrace neither masculinity nor femininity.

I embrace me.

idgaf as long as the game is good.

I played SPP religiously because i loved Peach at the time it came out and that would be my top game in my DS bag.

but now as an adult it's just a cute game to ocassionaly revisit ... it's not really Peach's greatest look but it'll take it.

Super Princess Peach is great. I wish modern 2D Mario would still use that kind of visual style. Oh boo hoo, the stereotypical tough guys will judge my masculinity for liking this game, I'm sorry why should I care? :P

literally nobody is talking about that.

If SPP is regarded as low tier it would be because the game doesn't portray Peach really well either way.

She seems fine to me.

Swiftie_Luma said:

If SPP is regarded as low tier it would be because the game doesn't portray Peach really well either way.
That's because people make the mood-swing jokes, forgetting/not realizing that the entire point is that Peach is the one who actually controls her emotions.
Yeah, basing a game staring a female protagonists's main gimmick on emotions was a bad call, but they still showed some degree of restraint.

ThatGuy62 said:
Swiftie_Luma said:

That's because people make the mood-swing jokes, forgetting/not realizing that the entire point is that Peach is the one who actually controls her emotions.
Yeah, basing a game staring a female protagonists's main gimmick on emotions was a bad call, but they still showed some degree of restraint.

i think you summed up why people DON'T like the game generaly lol

But for me it still remains one of my favorite DS titles, i don't like analyzing too much stuff in Mario in general , it's a waste of time.

Swiftie_Luma said:
But for me it still remains one of my favorite DS titles, i don't like analyzing too much stuff in Mario in general , it's a waste of time.

You should post this on the better world building in Mario games thread. Or maybe I could just quote you, cause I agree.

Yesterday I took the time to translate my fan tracks (that I hope to someday learn how to make into real custom MKW tracks) into a few languages.

Japanese: 谷のトレイル tani no toreiru (Valley Trail)
German: J Kirschtal (J's Cherry Valley)
Spanish: Valle de J (J's Valley)
French: Vallée de J (J's Valley)
Italian: Valle di J (J's Valley)
Chinese: 山谷小徑 shāngǔ xiǎo jìng (Valley Trail)
Korean: 계곡의 흔적 gyegog-ui heunjeog (Valley Trail)
Japanese: シフスの採石場 shifusu no saisekiba (Siph's Quarry)
German: Siphs Steinbruch (Siph's Quarry)
Spanish: Cantera de Sifo (Siph's Quarry)
French: Carrière de Saphi (Siph's Quarry)
Italian: Cava di Siffa (Siph's Quarry)
Chinese: 虹吸採石場 Hóngxī cǎishí chǎng (Siphon Quarry)
Korean: 시프의 채석장 sipeuui chaeseogjang (Siph's Quarry)
Japanese: カイラの保護区 Kaira no hogo-ku (Kayla's Preserve)
German: Kaylas Konservatorium (Kayla's Conservatorium)
Spanish: Bosque de Kayla (Kayla's Forest)
French: L'arboretum de Kayla (Kayla's Arboretum)
Italian: Riserva di Kayla (Kayla's Reserve)
Chinese: 凱拉的自然保護區 Kǎi lā de zìrán bǎohù qū (Kayla's Nature Preserve)
Korean: 카일의 보존 kail-ui bojon (Kayla's Preservation)

Tried my best to translate to Russian with the help of Wikipedia, Wiktionary and...attempted usage of the genitive case for possession...

(i have no idea how to translate "J" into Russian because Russian doesn't even have J sound)

Доли́ны J - Dolyni J - (J's Valley)
Карьер Сыф - Kar'er Sif - (Siph's Quarry)
Оранжерея Кэйла - Oranzhereya Keila - (Kayla's Conservatory)

EDIT: Probably made a mistake, I don't think the genitive declension is needed

I had completely missed that Super Mario Land 2 and Donkey Kong '94 are available on the 3DS eshop... I'm so happyyy :'D Also the original Super Mario Bros., I have Super Mario Deluxe downloaded from there already, but the camera in that bugged me plus I've missed the look and feel of the original, so I think I'll buy that too.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
Tried my best to translate to Russian with the help of Wikipedia, Wiktionary and...attempted usage of the genitive case for possession...

(i have no idea how to translate "J" into Russian because Russian doesn't even have J sound)

Доли́ны J - Dolyni J - (J's Valley)
Карьер Сыф - Kar'er Sif - (Siph's Quarry)
Оранжерея Кэйла - Oranzhereya Keila - (Kayla's Conservatory)

EDIT: Probably made a mistake, I don't think the genitive declension is needed
Thank you for enabling my self-insert obsession.

No problem, thanks for enabling my Russia obsession

Back