post any random Mario thought on your mind

Russian Baby Luigi said:
Why IS Luigi portrayed so out-of-character in the Paper Mario games? Every other character perhaps sans Bowser in SPM is at least generally in-line.
The Koopalings and Bowser Jr. would like a word.
Though I guess that's more flanderization than anything. I'm still mad that Color Splash's portrayal of Morton won out.

BOWSER'S ARMS is impossible to hate for anyone who watched Chuggaaconroy play SPM.

Luigi's PM character is great. The only game I don't like his portrayal in is Sticker Star because he doesn't have a portrayal. Even Color Splash redeemed him towards the end.

I can't hate Luigi's portrayals in the PM series because he barely has one, even SPM, the biggest role he's ever had in the series, had him mostly not as himself.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
BOWSER'S ARMS is impossible to hate for anyone who watched Chuggaaconroy play SPM.

I mean seriously look at that how is he spinning his arms at like the speed of light?

It's just hilarious!

YFJ said:
ThatGuy62 said:
It's kinda funny how the one game where Bowser is almost entirely absent is Mario + Rabbids.
You forgot SMB2us. That had Wart instead, and not even the slightest reference to Bowser.
I didn't really consider that due to a combination of it being the second (third?) Super Mario game and the fact that it's essentially a reskinned Doki Doki Panic.
Though, I suppose the fact that they didn't bother reskinning Wart into Bowser would make it qualify.

I remember back in the day, when people actually thought the Gamecube was uncool, I reached the giant Shrine Spirte and cleaned it off ... only for it to shoot up even farther in the air, that broke my young spirit at the time.

I finally hooked myself up with wiimmfi and CTGP-R. While I'm waiting for this Sunday to come around (when I can finally use the wiimmfi), I'm going through each track in Time Trials to explore.

Swapdoodle has Mario-related lessons. When taking a lesson, there's neat dialogue text spoken by Nikki, teaching how to draw a Mario character and talking about that character. Here's some of the stuff I've taken:
While drawing Wario
NLW5yaf.jpg

While drawing Peach
XIvU19S.jpg

While drawing DK
cZAG1QB.jpg

Complete drawing Goomba
dbKdyuB.jpg

Complete drawing Yoshi
TP9KX9D.jpg

Complete drawing Waluigi
AWj02OV.jpg

There's also "[Character X] is done! Draw [him/her] with [Character Y]!

Completing Luigi
AjKMGRR.jpg

Completing Bowser Jr
UzjRQ5h.jpg

Completing Diddy
TyD7AGx.jpg

Completing Daisy
yXb1Ep1.jpg

ROSALINA IS A PRINCESS, CONFIRMED FROM OFFICIAL NINTENDO MATERIAL!!!11!!1

If you go to the 1:16 point of the video, you'll notice that Cranky Kong rejects Donkey Kong's Joy-con controller. It must be a reference to how Cranky has been known for mocking modern games and newer gaming systems during the SNES era.

Oh man, this video is such a great in-depth analysis of Super Mario Galaxy. I highly recommend watching it.

It made me realize that I REALLY want a Galaxy 3.

Mewta said:
DZmDVRCWsAAaiBR.jpg

DZmDVREW0AAaOLr.jpg

DZmDVRRW0AAMN2l.jpg

DZmDVRCXkAAc-LR.jpg

Apparently, the anime Dagashi Kashi has a cameo of Super Mario Kun.
I know it's probably a more natural thing in Japan, but I never expected Super Mario-Kin's existence to be acknowledged in anything outside of itself (and maybe the occasional Nintendo thing).

Baby Luigi's only appearance in an anime folks

Gotta start somewhere

It's a great game.

On a different note, the fuck was up with the faces on these bumper balls?

260px-Bumper_Balls1.png

Reminds me of tiki masks or something.

i somehow thought they were suppoused to be Bowser when i was younger???

I know, so stupid but can anybody honestly blame me tho ... almost 100% of the minigames of MP1 has bowser references in there somehow.

The bowser suit, the face lift , the slot machine , the balloon burst...

Mario Party 1 can easily pass as Bowser Party 1 tbh

Thats because Mario Party understands who the REAL main character is.

Bones the Delinquent

Nah, I've heard worse.

Back