post any random Mario thought on your mind

I don't see why you're so happy about removing so small and fun to use? I love honking my horn when I just want to mess around with the game's soundtrack and just being obnoxious in general. Might as well remove headlights and some character voices altogether if being pointless bothers you so much.

I prefer the character specific horns, makes the character feel more unique. Though I do miss the Super Mario Bros. horn jingle from Mario Kart Wii.

I'm particular like that.

I have to say that whenever I play as Villager in MK8 I beep his horn to the music.

I prefer it if characters have individual horns, but a hybrid could be a nice touch. As in, selecting certain vehicles will also apply certain filters to the horns, so perhaps some vehicles will make the horn sound like chiptunes, or some would give it an echo effective.

Thanks for reading.

Fun Fact:

During the release , i played a lot as Peach until i unlocked Rosalina ; I liked to use the horn because at the time i though it was a cute addition for each character.

Then i Unlocked Rosalina , and was excited to use the horn and then i just heard the same sound as Peach's

Which led me to think that EVERY HORN WAS THE SAME.

After Playing with other characters i realised that Nintendo literally copy pasted Peach horn into Rosalina and i got super upset.

What a sad sad day. I Hated Nintendo so much that day.

Even friggin Baby Peach uses a unique horn from Peach lol.

I'm glad Baby Luigi has a unique horn, even though it's essentially a lower pitched Baby Mario horn, which even so, says there's at least a discernable difference between the two

Horns are so pointless yet fun.

Especially in multiplayer when you have the Game Pad and can use the TV feature to turn the volume up.

Too bad you can only voluntarily honk the horns in Super Circuit, Double Dash, and MK8.
I don't remember about MK7, but I do know that DS and MKWii only had horns blow when the vehicle got bumped by another.

Same with Mario Kart 7, but their horn honking noise just isn't memorable.

In Mario Kart 8, it does both. You can voluntarily honk your horn and it honks when you bump into another racer.

In different parts among the fans, there is a tendency to celebrate a character's anniversaries in multiples of 5 (if they are old enough), so I made a list of a select number of characters and their debut years:

Years ending in:
1, 6: Mario, Pauline & Classic Donkey Kong/Cranky Kong (Donkey Kong, 1981), Mallow & Geno (Super Mario RPG, 1996), Professor E. Gadd (Luigi's Mansion, 2001), Dry Bowser (New Super Mario Bros., 2006)
2, 7: Donkey Kong Jr. (Donkey Kong Jr., 1982), Wario (Super Mario Land 2, 1992), Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Sunshine, 2002), Rosalina & Captain Toad (Super Mario Galaxy, 2007)
3, 8: Luigi (Mario Bros., 1983), Birdo (Super Mario Bros. 2, 1988), Koopalings (Super Mario Bros. 3, 1988), Toadette (Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, 2003)
4, 9: Princess Daisy (Super Mario Land, 1989), Modern Donkey Kong & Diddy Kong (Donkey Kong Country, 1994)
5, 0: Toad, Princess Peach & Bowser (Super Mario Bros., 1985), Yoshi (Super Mario World, 1990), Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong Country 2, 1995), Baby Mario, Baby Luigi & Kamek (Yoshi's Island, 1995), Waluigi (Mario Tennis, 2000)

You could make an argument that the old Donkey Kong and the new Donkey Kong are the same, but the common interpretation is that both characters are different, so I assume that modern Donkey Kong is a totally different character that is newly introduced in Donkey Kong Country.

Anyway, even though it's likely a coincidence, I liked how the Mario Party 3 character selection screen is ordered in a way that orders the characters in their debut years:

images

Mario (1981), Luigi (1983), Peach (1985), Daisy (1989), Yoshi (1990), Wario (1992), Modern Donkey Kong (1994), Waluigi (2000)

Thanks for reading.

winstein said:
Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Sunshine, 2002)
Koopalings (Super Mario Bros. 3, 1988)
Gosh, one year is the 15th anniversary of Bowser Jr. and the following is the 30th anniversary of the Koopalings...

you're lucky that I lack creativity and any organizational skill, otherwise things would explode the next two years...

By the way, there is one thing that is bugging me, since we were talking about Mario and personality and since I'm playing Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games: how in my opinion SEGA, despite all its mistakes and lack of care for some details, still cares a little more about the personality of the characters in the Sonic franchise than Nintendo does about the personality of the characters in the Mario franchise. Every character talks (or talked, in the case of Metal Sonic) and shows some maybe rough, maybe oversimplified, sometimes even contradictory when the writers of the scripts change, but still recognizable traits. Case in point, I was thinking about these awesome wallpapers that every month SEGA publishes on the Japanese Sonic Channel:

http://sonic.sega.jp/SonicChannel/enjoy/wallpaper/

I find some of them really nice, I mean, look at this side of Blaze's personality and the little problems she has with her power:
wallpaper_118_braze_07_pc.png

or at the nice simplicity of Tails the gardener:
wallpaper_101_tails_07_pc.png

or the elegance of Cream:
wallpaper_100_cream_06_pc.png

or even just the carefree style of Sonic (well, if he has a life jacket, that is):
wallpaper_128_sonic_18_pc.png

While maybe something better than that should be done, I would be glad if Nintendo at least was able to reach this starting point, and I would be ultra glad of seeing monthly wallpapers of the characters in the Mario universe doing more common things (that ironically are quite uncommon) and revealing their personality through that...

Aww back in the day were Daisy was a Peach look alike.

I really favored Daisy over Peach back then in MT and MP3 for the 64 ; Maybe because it felt good to have another female even though they were physically similar mostly due design choices and limitations.

Now that Daisy is faaaar too loud an annoying i kinda forget about her , id rather play as Peach or better , as Rosalina now that she is playable in everything these days too.

Obviously im in the minority when i say i prefer Quiet retro Daisy over obnoxious modern Daisy , but she was just so much more likeable for me.

Then we have sassy Daisy , like in Mario Party 6 , which is the best Daisy ever. Then Daisy just stayed plain generic and obnoxious so she fell into an abyss for me.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Obviously im in the minority when i say i prefer Quiet retro Daisy over obnoxious modern Daisy , but she was just so much more likeable for me.
Are you sure that you are the minority there?

Swiftie_Luma said:
Obviously im in the vast majority when i say i prefer Quiet retro Daisy over obnoxious modern Daisy , but she was just so much more likeable for me.

ftfy

Ninelevendo said:
Swiftie_Luma said:
Are you sure that you are the minority there?

Yes because while i like the old Daisy better , that's basically saying that i want her to be a Peach like character , and im pretty sure most people would rather have a more unique one , like the current Daisy , even if she is somehow annoying , but that's only through her voice and all.

It would be really weird if most actually liked old Daisy better considering that at this point some go so far to call Daisy ''Orange Peach'' when Daisy only resembled Peach back in the day as opposed to nowadays.

That would make all of these people have 0 credibility in their words.

But i still like Jen Taylor's version of Daisy a little better , as i said , she comes out as more likeable to me at least.

They should do what Looney Tunes did with Lola Bunny. Make her ditzy and a bit creepy and have Kristen Wiig voice her.

Deanna Mustard is also my favorite Daisy voice actress

My favorite performance of hers was in Mario Strikers games. Both of them.

What are you talking about most screams are hilarious

Like Daisy's in Mario Party 8, it's satisfying to hear her death scream.

It's not even a scream, it an undulation.

Been playing some DKC games lately.

I miss King K. Rool.

I don't

I actually miss the bigger fish , which is Rare

I have been playing Rareware gems such as Killer Instinc 2 and DKC2.

How amazing it was back then.

Back