post any random Mario thought on your mind

I hate pandering unless it's of some significance.

For example most Mario candy is generally made to be shaped like Mario characters and things.

I just thought of something.

What if Mario could breathe fire instead of throwing it?

Bob Eubanks said:

Dragon Mario? That would make him like Spyro then. But wouldn't breathing fire have a less range?

TheFarmboy said:
Bob Eubanks said:

Dragon Mario? That would make him like Spyro then. But wouldn't breathing fire have a less range?

Not necessarily, but if its range was long, it would be pretty unfair, especially if you were fighting Bowser with it. A Bowser fight wouldn't necessarily be unfair per se, but it would be a little too easy.

I prefer fireballs. Leave the firebreathing to Bowser.

Funny enough, in Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World, Luigi's sprite was altered in the SMW remake to make it look like he was shooting the fireballs out of his mouth.

I want to see another platformer Mario game on the scale of Super Mario 64. Imagine an open-world Mario game in 1080p and actually ages like wine. That may just get me to buy another Mario game.

Something like Grand Theft Auto would be nice. Being able to not only explore the mushroom kingdom, but the many biomes they enjoy using in the Mario series. I would especially like going into Ghost Houses.

Roger Smith said:
Mcmadness said:
Here, buy our typical frozen yogurt with stock mario artwork on it.
well aren't you a ray of sunshine lol

lol this

i think the mario labeling is great and amazing. the cups even have mario characters and stuff on it. it's really neat.

Yup, we're both part of the team: the link also includes a brief video on the mod.

If you haven't played Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii, the previous mod project for New Super Mario Bros. Wii, then I really think you should.

Can't wait to make some of the world maps graphics

We just need to agree upon concept arts and stuff, but we're kept in touch by the team so we can agree with the designs.

so it turns out michigan doesn't have any yogurtlands

a yogurt store near me i thought was a yogurtland was in fact yogurt city

and i really wanted to try some of those flavors too :(

I can always go for more NewerSMBU, I'm already looking forward to NewerSMBDS.

On a side note, been playing SMRPG lately since it got added to the wii u eshop in NA and good lord I forgot how uninteresting Bowser's moves are. I mean he only gets 4 moves and not one of em involves breathing fire. In fact I don't think he breaths fire in the entire game apart from the credits.

I wish they would use Metal Mario more often, like maybe be a miniboss such as Boom Boom or Reznor.

I thought of a cute way to include him in Paper Mario, where he could be made of tinfoil.

Striker Mario said:
Yup, we're both part of the team

Nice. You both seem like decent modeler(erer)s and I liked Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii, you'll probably make it even better. ;) Just tell them to make Star Coins more useful.

Luigi seems to break Super Mario 64 DS.

They probably will, considering they made Star Coins more useful in Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Also, Luigi IS broken in Super Mario 64 DS, especially his backward somersault. That backflip can skip the entire first portion of Rainbow Ride.

I was referring more to how they made the Star Coins consumable on consumable objects. I didn't like it as much as DS, where the Star Coins bought alternate paths or permanent objects.

I bought and beat Super Mario 64 recently, and there were a few Stars that I was stumped on because I used Luigi to beat them, such as Big Boo's Balcony and Hazy Cave Maze.

Mcmadness said:
I can always go for more NewerSMBU, I'm already looking forward to NewerSMBDS.

On a side note, been playing SMRPG lately since it got added to the wii u eshop in NA and good lord I forgot how uninteresting Bowser's moves are. I mean he only gets 4 moves and not one of em involves breathing fire. In fact I don't think he breaths fire in the entire game apart from the credits.

bowser seems kinda useless really, his only real advantage is highest damage rating on his normal attack but thats it, i generally dont like bowser much in smrpg, seems kind of a disappointment.

While I won't deny that I would love to see it again, I thought it is interesting that there is virtually no vocal calls for Mario vs Donkey Kong to return to the unique style of Mario platforming not found in the Super Mario series (by which I mean things like Mario having a lower jump ceiling, utilising hammer as an invincible power-up and doing handstands). I am not saying it's not there, but it's a complaint that is more quiet in how it's generally expressed. Although certainly different, I find the Minis-focused gameplay fun and challenging.

I am comparing this to Paper Mario, where calls to return to the old style is more vocal. I think this has to do with how the new gameplay of Mario vs Donkey Kong is engaging despite moving away from the gameplay, while Sticker Star is absent of the elements that made the previous Paper Mario fun for those who loved them.

Thanks for reading.

Samus Aran said:
bowser seems kinda useless really, his only real advantage is highest damage rating on his normal attack but thats it, i generally dont like bowser much in smrpg, seems kind of a disappointment.

Pretty much, I almost wonder why they even bothered.

Magikrazy said:
I don't know, I still like Bowser more than Geno, and I have yet to defeat Knife Guy and Grate Guy without him.

once i got peach i only used peach and mallow so yeah.

Back