post any random Mario thought on your mind

yeah, paper mario sadly fell and fell hard

but unlike most people im optimistic about color splash

the location looks lovely, we got shy guys (love those things), the color gimmick looks cool, the game looks to me like the best aspects of sticker star with a couple new ideas

it looks to be more of a turn based action adventure game than an rpg but thats alright

im willing to give consumable attacks another chance as long as there's a standard non-consumable attack to use

really my only complaint is the lack of diversity among the npcs

peach, toads, and a bucket? lame

thats cute

If they were real I'd definitely buy minis toys.

Same here. I think they would make for good legos too

Why isn't there a lego Mario yet??

Your guess is as good as mine.

I'm still wondering if this has something to do with possible Lego-like amiibos (though they could go the Skylanders way, after all).

Guys, after Koopa Troopa and Lemmy this was inevitable...
Bowser is Mario's best friend
also, note Bowser's blue eyes...

Well ain't that just adorable.

Not really. I was thinking something like Press Your Luck where you win until you either lose or break the bank. Mario Party doesn't do that.

That would take too long. One episode runs for half an hour, and there's about 24 minutes of actual screentime, and you want that as one minigame? Yeah, that won't work.

Well obviously not the whole thing. We'd strip it down so it could fit.

Take out the questions and give everyone 4 spins to start off.

Although now that I'm thinking about it, your idea to make it its own thing sounds better.

Wheel of Fortune I think could also work.

Personally, I'm not a fan of games that require input with a time limit, but I think Wheel of Fortune could work too.

Maybe Let's Make A Deal too.

Mcmadness said:
So I just watched that short film Nintendo had made to promote star fox zero.

Would be cool if they did that for Mario.
Here's the making of:

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2016/May/Read-all-about-the-Making-of-Star-Fox-Zero-The-Battle-Begins-1105570.html

Seriously, how could I not see that it was cel shaded...

even though I would like an actually hand-drawn anime for Mario, and cel shading for the New Super Mario Bros. games (but really, real-time vector art without vector animations or with way-more-than-decent vector animations might also be an interesting avenue to explore in my opinion).

http://www.mariowiki.com/index.php?title=List_of_Mario_knockoffs_acknowledged_by_Nintendo&curid=160178&diff=1983864&oldid=1971370

y'know, I wonder if the takedown notice sent to GitHub wasn't because of our knockoffs page...

Nah, I doubt it. I think the creator and others probably advertised it on other sites.

Where does the Mario series go from here?

We haven't had a mainstream game since 3D World and Puzzles and Dragons, spin-offs aren't what they used to be and let's not even get into what happened to the RPGs.

Back