post any random Mario thought on your mind

I don't know if the Paper Mario series is even really an RPG anymore.

Judging by the trailer of Color Splash, it appears to be an action adventure game.

Magikrazy said:
I don't know if the Paper Mario series is even really an RPG anymore.

Judging by the trailer of Color Splash, it appears to be an action adventure game.

What makes you think that? Because I think Sticker Star is still an RPG

well, i was saying that because of the lack of leveling up and such, but there are some characteristics still present in the series, like items and inventory.

So maybe it will still be an RPG.

There's also a progression mechanic of some sort, even if it's not called "leveling up and EXP". Can't you also increase in your overall power and HP in the game as well? That's pretty RPG-y if you ask me.

It's not a traditional RPG by any stretch but it's still considered one.

I'm starting to retroactively hate on Thousand Year Door since people kept holding it up on a too high pedestal when whining about Sticker Star or Color Splash. Same how people complaining about Nintendo makes another NSMB while they demand that Nintendo should make a third Mario Galaxy. Makes me think that many fans are saying "Don't rehash this with many sequels to the ground, rehash that with many sequels and run into the ground. Nintendo is not perfect, they make mistakes and decisions that I don't like. However the fans aren't any better, like with that bloody Metroid petition. Just want to get that out of my system. Maybe being in college makes me out of touch.

Yeah, there are RPGs that are not RPGs in a traditional sense.

I'm looking forward to colour splash, sue me.

I think one of the greatest problem the NSMB series had was the release of NSMBU too near the release of NSMB2 and then the release of NSLU almost as if it was a new game while it was DLC (you can actually download it even if you bought just NSMBU). It gave the clear impression that the series was just hasty rehashes with little development (and the reuse of models and animations didn't help for sure), even though we had only one New Super Mario Bros. game per console.

I too am waiting to know anything about Colour Splash, especially since Nintendo pretty much confirmed that it won't be present at E3. It might be the last Mario game on the Wii U and, as I said before, I never played Sticker Star so I don't even know if I would dislike that kind of game if it turns out that it's Sticker Star 2.0 in all aspects.

TheFarmboy said:
Same how people complaining about Nintendo makes another NSMB while they demand that Nintendo should make a third Mario Galaxy.
To be honest, the thought of a Super Mario Galaxy 3 makes me and my sister so sick that my sister got a nightmare on it prior to that infamous Nintendo Direct 2015.

Mister Wu: That has been my point. And it's also my same beef with Galaxy 2, which is also too close to Galaxy 1 and it didn't do much to differentiate itself outside of fanservice and those god-awful Yoshi voice effects. Oh, why did I get sick about Galaxy 3 then? Because we're getting way too many Mario platformers at that time period and barely any half-decent Mario multiplayer games outside of Mario Kart 8. Seriously. The only multiplayer-oriented nonMario platformer worth playing nowadays are Mario Kart 8 and probably Mario Golf: World Tour. The rest? They either suck, are a platformer, or are single-player, or a combination.

TheFarmboy said:
I'm starting to retroactively hate on Thousand Year Door since people kept holding it up on a too high pedestal when whining about Sticker Star or Color Splash.

yeah, they should have put the original paper mario up there instead

Striker Mario said:
TheFarmboy said:
Same how people complaining about Nintendo makes another NSMB while they demand that Nintendo should make a third Mario Galaxy.
To be honest, the thought of a Super Mario Galaxy 3 makes me and my sister so sick that my sister got a nightmare on it prior to that infamous Nintendo Direct 2015.

Mister Wu: That has been my point. And it's also my same beef with Galaxy 2, which is also too close to Galaxy 1 and it didn't do much to differentiate itself outside of fanservice and those god-awful Yoshi voice effects. Oh, why did I get sick about Galaxy 3 then? Because we're getting way too many Mario platformers at that time period and barely any half-decent Mario multiplayer games outside of Mario Kart 8. Seriously. The only multiplayer-oriented nonMario platformer worth playing nowadays are Mario Kart 8 and probably Mario Golf: World Tour. The rest? They either suck, are a platformer, or are single-player, or a combination.
I see a pattern though: Mario Kart and the platformers are developed by internal teams at Nintendo, the others by the subsidiary or external teams. I'm wondering what is happening to the latter.

Mushroom_Moon_Billboard.PNG

This is a billboard found on the Moonview Highway course in MKW. Not gonna lie, kinda interested in seeing what this is like. A musical with Mario, Yoshi, Peach, and Petey? Sounds fun.

Mario: When the moon hits your eye, like a big pizza pie, that's amore. When an eel lunges out and takes a bite off your snot, that's a moray!!

Sorry, couldn't resist. Mario has a nice singing voice, surprisingly.

Though I don't want to hear Yoshi sing.

The Mario Kart series has a bunch of strange advertisements:

Like:

BMBL_Sponsor_MKAGP2.png

Is this supposed to reference Baby Park?

YoshiSponsorMKAGP2.png

Yoshi owns a company or is a company named after Yoshi?

There's also a Wild Yoshi Sanctuary, which also strikes me a bit odd: Yoshis are sentient creatures, not wild animals, so it very weird that they're called "wild" animals and are given a sanctuary as if they're wild animals.

The sanctuary conserves endangered Brown Yoshis.

I kinda like how they made those advertisements in the tracks , yet they are hilarious in most games , and they only took the time to make them cool looking in MK8.

I made one myself for a texture hack in Daisy Circuit , taking over the good spot where the Daisy Banner was.

bGKF483m.png

Heh, that looks great. Would actually fit in an official track.

I think Mario Kart Arcade GP did the ads best though. Some were pretty cool looking like the aforementioned Baby Land one (with original Baby Mario and Baby Luigi renders, and they're not even playable so it's a great cameo appearance) and the following

KoopaTroopaMKAGP2.png

KamektheWizardMKAGP2.png

DangerousDryBonesMKAGP2.png

JrSponsorMKAGP2.png

Needs more cameos with nonplayable characters.

Those fake companies they'd often advertise were amusing too.

Ok , no shade to anybody but this makes me lose hope.

6aVzgif.png

I have a bitter taste for this results.

But then again don't mind me , since this gen is the worst to me , i have almost nothing to play especially with Mario , and many titles clearly don't compare to previous entries of the same series , i guess Smash is the exception of course but damnnnn

Hey look it's my poll

I really like Mario Kart 8 of the Wii U generation. That alone make me consider voting for it. Though I also adore Wii and GameCube a lot as well, so many fun games in those two gens, it's really hard to pick one.

And what a beautiful poll it is.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Ok , no shade to anybody but this makes me lose hope.

6aVzgif.png

I have a bitter taste for this results.

But then again don't mind me , since this gen is the worst to me , i have almost nothing to play especially with Mario , and many titles clearly don't compare to previous entries of the same series , i guess Smash is the exception of course but damnnnn
There's a large portion of people who simply did not grow up with those earlier generations and have no way of knowing what they're like. Not to offend anyone but there's a decent number of people in the user base (and guests) who are young children and that's all they've played.

I kinda wish Nintendo made animated shorts starring Mario and co.

Back