post any random Mario thought on your mind

Mcmadness said:
Why does every game involving the baby mario bros that isn't a kart or sports spin off always have time travel from the future?

One, Baby Mario and Baby Luigi can only logically appear alongside the present with time-travel methods

And the other possible reason, the two games developed by Arzest/Artoon are made by incompetent story tellers

Whose idea was it to let them develop the Yoshi's Island sequels anyway?

Topsy-Turvy, I could understand. That's just a throwaway title. But official continuation of the Yoshi saga?

Magikrazy said:
Whose idea was it to let them develop the Yoshi's Island sequels anyway?

Topsy-Turvy, I could understand. That's just a throwaway title. But official continuation of the Yoshi saga?
I don't know the reason either, maybe they weren't happy with Konno's Yoshi's Story and wanted the future games in the series to be more faithful to the first game. I find it funny that they went with the team of Sonic creator and Sonic CD director (the presence of time travel is more clear now?) Naoto Ohshima. To be honest, I like Sonic CD way more than Yoshi's Island DS (although Baby Bowser on Yoshi was an unknown secret dream come true for me) but after all, Ohshima didn't direct the latter and not even Yoshi's New Island...

I'm glad they didn't put Adult Bowser in Yoshi's Wooly World. Sorry Mcmadness; it's not Bowser's fault, though, just Artoon/Arzest's tendency to put Bowser because they can, and I don't want that carrying over to other of those games. Just not a good sign if they put Bowser there randomly.

Yes, I think I can definitely do without Bowser warping through space and time just to have a repeat of an already lame boss fight.

Though I was fine with it in YIDS as

1. They revealed it in world 4

2. It let Baby Bowser be briefly playable.

I'm ok with that.

Big shocker I know.

As long as the game itself is actually good and fun.

Though I would like more games where Mario and Bowser work together against a bigger evil.

Charley Dietz said:
Like they did in BIS?

That was more a smaller evil. And that was less co-operation and more the bros working from behind the scenes.

Me personally I'm not crazy on Mario/Bowser team ups. I prefer Bowser is either the villain or just not in the game.

I'd like another game where Wario and Donkey Kong are villains and it doesn't involve a toy-based puzzle platformer.

GalacticPetey said:
Thoughts on the Bowser vs. Ganon death battle?

Rubbish.

I expected and agree that Ganon would win. It's how he won that was rubbish.

Primarily that death curse bull*bleep*.

The fight was also boring and the analysis felt half-baked.

I liked the fight until it moved outside the castle. I liked it when they were just exchanging blows back and forth. Surprised he didn't bring out his swords either.

Well they were limited by the sprite which was primarily based off smashdorf.

i can think of a much better matchup for ganon

too bad he already beat the ever-loving shit out of darth vader

Threek said:
i can think of a much better matchup for ganon

too bad he already beat the ever-loving *bleep* out of darth vader

I was more thinking Dracula from Castlevania.

Striker Mario said:
I'd like another game where Wario and Donkey Kong are villains and it doesn't involve a toy-based puzzle platformer.

I'd more like a Mario and Donkey Kong crossover, where both Mario and Donkey Kong have to work together when Bowser and King K. Rool decide to make an alliance to conquer the world. As usual, Bowser kidnaps Peach, while K. Rool steals Donkey Kong's banana hoard. It would be a 2D platformer game, much like with the Super Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong Country games.

On an additional note, Luigi, Yoshi, Diddy Kong, and Dixie Kong would also be playable in the game.

Mcmadness said:
I expected and agree that Ganon would win. It's how he won that was rubbish.

Primarily that death curse bull*bleep*.

The fight was also boring and the analysis felt half-baked.
Well, uh, just because you can't die doesn't mean you can't be defeated. You can send Ganondorf to the sun. He might as well be dead.

Buuut, on the other hand, I don't follow Death Battle. It's pure entertainment, but you can explain away just about any possibility, so I don't take it seriously.

MnSG said:
Striker Mario said:

I'd more like a Mario and Donkey Kong crossover, where both Mario and Donkey Kong have to work together when Bowser and King K. Rool decide to make an alliance to conquer the world. As usual, Bowser kidnaps Peach, while K. Rool steals Donkey Kong's banana hoard. It would be a 2D platformer game, much like with the Super Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong Country games.

On an additional note, Luigi, Yoshi, Diddy Kong, and Dixie Kong would also be playable in the game.
I'd like the idea. If it means we get more interaction from the two worlds in subsequent games, I'm up for it. It would also mean we get to see King K. Rool again.

I like Mario.

Back