post any random Mario thought on your mind

Well, in my headcanon, Mario and Luigi adopt their baby selves as their kids, as weird as that sounds. Make of what you will.

Mcmadness said:
I wonder how folks would react if the next Mario Kart revealed Baby Bowser as a playable character and not Bowser jr?
It's evident that the next Mario Kart will have both Bowser Jr. (Yoshiweight) AND Baby Bowser (Babyweight) because you cannot stop the babies from coming.

Striker Mario said:
Turd throwing between Koopalings zealots and Bowser Jr. fan idiots while most Bowser Jr. fans would sit and weep and curse Nintendo for being so goddang confusing between two completely different characters.
If I like the Koopalings, Bowser Jr. and Baby Bowser should I start launching turds at myself? May I dodge them at least?

Mister Wu said:
It's evident that the next Mario Kart will have both Bowser Jr. (Yoshiweight) AND Baby Bowser (Babyweight) because you cannot stop the babies from coming.

And they need to come in more games than simply Mario Kart

(seriously when's baby luigi going to appear playable in another mario series like tennis or party?)

Even though I see the Super Mario Sunshine boxart a lot of times, I only realised today that there is text around the circle when I looked at the "Grand Dad Sunshine" version of the screenshot.

Different territories reveal different parts of the words, and if you compare them all, you will get:
- "Mario Has More Moves Than Ever"
- "You'll Have To Master Them All"
- "Sprinkle/Spray Water In The Sunshine"

Amusingly, this is also used in the Japanese version, as if English is the universal language in the Mario universe (really, every character speaks English even in other territories). Judging from the lack of mention in the MarioWiki, I am assuming that this is obscure?

344px-Super_Mario_Sunshine_Japanese_boxart.jpg

Thanks for reading.

Billy The Kitten said:
I always thought that if Mario and Luigi ever had kids they'd look awfully similar to Baby Mario and Baby Luigi.

Sometimes I think that if Mario and Peach ever did get married, they would have a daughter. Maria would probably be the name of their child, and while she may resemble Peach in appearance, she would also inherit Mario's abilities; in a way, Maria would be Bowser Jr.'s future rival.

winstein said:
Even though I see the Super Mario Sunshine boxart a lot of times, I only realised today that there is text around the circle when I looked at the "Grand Dad Sunshine" version of the screenshot.

Different territories reveal different parts of the words, and if you compare them all, you will get:
- "Mario Has More Moves Than Ever"
- "You'll Have To Master Them All"
- "Sprinkle/Spray Water In The Sunshine"

Amusingly, this is also used in the Japanese version, as if English is the universal language in the Mario universe (really, every character speaks English even in other territories). Judging from the lack of mention in the MarioWiki, I am assuming that this is obscure?

Honestly, I'd seen the text too before you mentioned it, but never noticed it was different in other territories.

Also, yeah, the Japanese made a game series about an Italian plumber who speaks English. Sounds pretty way out of league for them. Though I'm not surprised at how universal English is, a lot of Japanese words come from English (like they say something like "Sutaraiku", like "Strike!" when they get a good bowling result, "buraza" is "brother", "suupa" is "Super" and so on)

It's also not uncommon for Japanese things to have gratuitous uses of english in them.

Like if you ever watch an anime and folks randomly shout something in english.

If you watch any sports anime, most of the terms they use will just be the English words morphed to fit Japanese. A lot of people in Japan have some basic understanding of English, which also carries over to its media.

In 2009, SEGA finally revealed the ultimate truth on Mario & Luigi that nintendo always hid from us (at 1:16 because embedding doesn't work):
(no, really, it's just a beautiful way of summarizing the Babies' story in Yoshi's Island with an oxymore)

Mister Wu said:
In 2009, SEGA finally revealed the ultimate truth on Mario & Luigi that nintendo always hid from us (at 1:16 because embedding doesn't work):
*youtube*
(no, really, it's just a beautiful way of making a summary of the Babies' story in Yoshi's Island with an oxymore)

How is this an oxymoron exactly

Magikrazy said:
Because as we all know, in real life twins come out at the exact same time, side by side, with linked arms.

ahem

you're talking to a real life twin™

Mister Wu said:
Striker Mario said:
Turd throwing between Koopalings zealots and Bowser Jr. fan idiots while most Bowser Jr. fans would sit and weep and curse Nintendo for being so goddang confusing between two completely different characters.
If I like the Koopalings, Bowser Jr. and Baby Bowser should I start launching turds at myself? May I dodge them at least?
Well, you lament with the Bowser Jr. fans, I suppose.

Baby Luigi said:
Magikrazy said:
Because as we all know, in real life twins come out at the exact same time, side by side, with linked arms.

ahem

you're talking to a real life twin™
And now there's the other!

I'd say "younger twin" is quite an "oxymoron", which according to Yoshi's Island is correct since
a)Baby Luigi and Baby Mario were being carried by the same stork (so they are twins!)
b)but Baby Luigi came out of the "bundle" at the end of Yoshi's Island while Baby Mario at the beginning (therefore Baby Luigi is younger!)
If we were in China this "oxymoron" would be more evident, as Chinese people use the moment of conception to calculate the age!
Billy The Kitten said:
"more moves than ever?" Mario's moves in the 3D games have only decreased from SM64 (I wonder if Mario being able to punch was negatively received or what)

But that's not good marketing anyhow
Yep, that sentence is funny since almost all the moves involving punches and kicks, along with the long jump, were removed and pretty much only the spinning was introduced...

Mister Wu said:
Yep, that sentence is funny since almost all the moves involving punches and kicks, along with the long jump, were removed and pretty much only the spinning was introduced...
Do the FLUDD moves add up to something? Even so I don't think there were enough of those I mean there's just spraying and the 4 special nozzles

Billy The Kitten said:
"more moves than ever?" Mario's moves in the 3D games have only decreased from SM64 (I wonder if Mario being able to punch was negatively received or what)

But that's not good marketing anyhow
Mario can spin jump and spray water and strafe and do that spinning thing when he's hanging on a tight rope and that thing where he's on his belly and he's hopping awkwardly. :3

Mario being able to punch subsequently clashed with Nintendo's code of honor. It would be later amended to include any other offensive maneuver that doesn't involve jumping or shooting things.

Mister Wu said:
I'd say "younger twin" is quite an "oxymoron", which according to Yoshi's Island is correct since
a)Baby Luigi and Baby Mario were being carried by the same stork (so they are twins!)
b)but Baby Luigi came out of the "bundle" at the end of Yoshi's Island while Baby Mario at the beginning (therefore Baby Luigi is younger!)
If we were in China this "oxymoron" would be more evident, as Chinese people use the moment of conception to calculate the age!
I actually do have Chinese heritage, but yeah, twins aren't born at the same time. The birth canal simply isn't big enough. Even then, my sister BabyLuigiOnfire (not using "Baby Luigi" because that would be hella confusing) took 15 minutes longer than me to be born.

Time Turner said:
twins can be younger or older depending on when they get cannoned out
Striker Mario said:
I actually do have Chinese heritage, but yeah, twins aren't born at the same time. The birth canal simply isn't big enough. Even then, my sister BabyLuigiOnfire (not using "Baby Luigi" because that would be hella confusing) took 15 minutes longer than me to be born.
Fair point (this is why I was referring to Chinese culture, by the way).

Why does every game involving the baby mario bros that isn't a kart or sports spin off always have time travel from the future?

besides that one and touch n go is a glorified tech demo.

more time travel, bloody hell.

Back