post any random Mario thought on your mind

You'd like that as an excuse to beat him up.

*shrug* it'll give me even more respect for Bowser.

In fact, what if all Mario characters had their own game and Wario was the antagonist for all of them?

Striker Mario said:
In fact, what if all Mario characters had their own game and Wario was the antagonist for all of them?

I'd like for a game for Baby Luigi to star in that has Wario as a main antagonist.

Striker Mario said:
*shrug* it'll give me even more respect for Bowser.

He should already command the upmost respect from you!

Aoi Asahina said:
Wario is the antagonist of his own game
That would mean that Wario is hindering his own progress throughout the game. Protagonists aren't necessarily good, they're just who the player/reader/viewer happens to follow, and likewise, antagonists aren't necessarily bad, they're just the people attempting to stop the protagonists from achieving their goals.

Magikrazy said:
Wario is both the protagonist and antagonist.

And the deuteragonist.
And the tritagonist.
Well, he's certainly got more than enough paunch to fill out the roles.

Antagonist doesn't necessarily have to be people. They can be inner conflicts or external circumstances that give a character a hard time.

That being said, Wario should have a disorder where he is constantly punching himself in the face and refuses to acknowledge it, directly hindering his own progress and thus making himself the antagonist.

In Mario Party, there is a minigame called "Bash 'n Cash", which is unique even for Mario Party standards in that the single player cannot win (they can only lose coins, and they only win by not losing any to the three players). That got me thinking: is there any possible way for this minigame to come up during a board when the single player has zero coins?

Dice rolls in Mario Party are apparently preset, where you cannot get around save states to get the number you want, so I imagine it will be difficult to replicate this scenario. I believe this is another reason Mario Party 1 will never get a Virtual Console release (the main one being rotating control stick minigames).

On another note: are there any Mario Party original characters (Koopa Kid, Brighton, Twila, Woody, etc.) that appear in other Mario series games? In case Smash has any, I don't consider those because Smash will likely just put those characters as trophies if they are there (feel free to mention it if there are any).

Thanks for reading.

None I'm aware of. MP characters seem to appear in MP and nothing else.

i was curious what a sidescrolling shooter mario game would be like, such as like contra or turican?

i dont think its been done so, but i think it would make a pretty good multi game.

Zae Eildus said:
i was curious what a sidescrolling shooter mario game would be like, such as like contra or turican?

i dont think its been done so, but i think it would make a pretty good multi game.

I would love to see Mario's take on it. They sorta did something like this with the Bullet Bill power-up in Super Mario Bros. X, so there's already lots of possibilities just by making it you can control your aim in all directions.

Baby Luigi said:
Zae Eildus said:

I would love to see Mario's take on it. They sorta did something like this with the Bullet Bill power-up in Super Mario Bros. X, so there's already lots of possibilities just by making it you can control your aim in all directions.

not to mention we already have the powerups really, hammerbros suits, fire flowers, ice flowers, and im sure theres a lot more that could be added.

It's moments like this that i wish i was a dedicated fangame maker.

Yeah those things also take a gigantic chunk of your free time away too, even if you were experienced.

If I recall Mario was originally supposed to use a gun and jetpack? Or something?

I wish he was in Splatoon.

Or what if Splatoon was heavily modded to be its own game and in that version, Mario cleans up the mess, but the controls are like Splatoon's controls?

Baby Luigi said:
Yeah those things also take a gigantic chunk of your free time away too, even if you were experienced.

true, but if you can manage it well it can deliver some serious fun for a variety of people, see am2r, psycho waluigi, and whatnot.

But overall id like to see a 2d side shooter in the mario franchise, i think it would be the perfect co-op mario game.

Striker Mario said:
I wish he was in Splatoon.

Or what if Splatoon was heavily modded to be its own game and in that version, Mario cleans up the mess, but the controls are like Splatoon's controls?

It would certainly be interesting to see a Mario game where Mario's shooting controls are controlled in the same manner as Splatoon's shooting, in addition to the athletic feats that Mario is known for. After all, Splatoon's shooting works really well for what it sets out to do.

Thanks for reading.

Years ago, I listened to the online radio broadcast at The Mushroom Kingdom, before the days of Youtube. The reason for listening to it is they have continuous Mario music. Sometimes, I heard of something funny, and that is when Wario was being interviewed for featuring 2 games. I actually loved it that I made a transcript years ago.

People remember Mario Press Conference back when Mario Sports Mix was released since that was more recent, and I think not many people were aware that Wario had a Press Conference when people wanted to hear Wario have a press conference in response to Mario having one.

Does anybody know what I am talking about? If you don't, Youtube has a video, but only the audio matches up.

This is what I got (double brackets are part I didn't understand what was being said):

(Chatters were heard. Soon, it was quiet)

Wario: Hello-a, you rotten people out there, it is me, Waaario (laughs loudly)! And I'm-a got-a something important to say, so pay attention, or I smash you (giggles). My newest video game-a, Wario Ware Incorporated, Mega Microgame-ses, is-a brilliant. Of course it's-a brilliant; it's-a starring me! And, I'm-a coming out with another new game: Waaaario World (giggles)! Also [[ wheeze ]], also starring me! Oh Mama Mia...thinking about this makes me so excited, I just want to smash-a somebody! Come here, maybe I smash you (giggles)! My new game would be, on Nintendo Game-a-cube-a. Oh yeah, I'm on top of the world for now, oh yeah! Now I'm-a on every game-a system; you should like I should be: watch out for Mario. I am takin' over now, baby, and I am only gettin'-a started. Mama Mia, Wario almost forget! Wario World and Wario Ware Incorporated feature Nintendo exceptional collective game-a-play...Mama Mia! Doesn't that just blow your tiny little minds? Puff! I knew that it would. Wa-what are you waiting for, you pundits? Stop messin' around, start reportin', get up there, sell the game-ses, make-a me rich! Wah-hahahaha! And have a rotten day (let's out a suppressed air sound effect) I'm-a such a stinker. Okey-dokey. Shut up, and start asking questions!

(Crowd calls for Wario)

Wario: Alright, you, the ugly guy in the pink-a shorts!
Louie: Yeah, it is me, Louie, from the Diamond City [[ Hell ]]. Yo, Wario, what makes you think your new company Wario Ware Inc. will be a success?
Wario: Wha- are you cuckoo-crazy? What are you [[ buying ]]? Everything I'm-a do turns to success! I'm-a brilliant. Everything I'm-a touch turns to green, and gold! Security, take that loser out of here!

(Crowd calls for Wario)

Wario: Alright! Uh...yeah you! That short guy with the glasses.
Polly: Yes, this is Polly, from the Club Sugar Daily News. In your new game, Wario World, your money turns into monsters. What's your grand plan for getting it back?
Wario: Well, I'm-a got a question for you to, Polly. Want a cracker? (Laughs out loud) I'm-a so funny, I've made myself laugh (Continues laughing out loud). Seriously, in this game, you've got to use my impressive body and mental genius to battle a bunch of idiotic monsters, and turn them back into treasures. I'm-a not-a worried at all. I'm-a going to stomp-a those dimwit-ses, [[ and-a then ]] smack them around like they're little [[ pulps ]]! Smash them! Smash them! Oooo...they will all fear...Waaaario (Laughs)! [[ I hope I let you scare too, Polly ]]. Ah!

(Crowd calls for Wario)

Wario: Wow, humma humma ding-a-dong! How about you there, babe-boo-licious babe? Rehrrr!
Lindsey: Hi Wario, this is um, like, Lindsey from WNN, Wario News Network.
Wario: Oooo, hello, babe-boo-licious.
Lindsey: Hi. Um, so, like, in Wario World, you're starring for the first time in 3D, like, is this more exciting than in other you've been in?
Wario: You better believe it, baby. Of course it is! 3D offers more Wario for everyone to admire and adore, and worship. Rehrrr! I'm-a also look-a so groov-a-licious on that screen, Mama Mia! You will all be so thrilled watching my moves. Admit it, all you losers out there: you already wish you were me! (Laughs) And you babe-boo-licious babes wish you could all be with me, eh? Rehrrr!

(Crowd calls for Wario)

Wario: Yeah, you, the [[ pink ball ]]!
Louie: Uh yes, Louie, from, uh, DCBNTV, Diamond City Broadcasting Network.
Wario: Uh-huh?
Louie: How do you feel about the over-the-top wrestling style moves that you have at your disposal in Wario World?
Wario: Well really, no different than I usually feel: powerful, great, and basically the coolest guy in the world, able to smash somebody! Now, tell me something, Mr. Louie. How would you feel if I'm-a smash-a you? Smash! Smash! Come back here! Smash! Smash! I'm gonna to smash you!

(Crowd calls for Wario)

Wario: Yes, my darling?
Stella: Yeah, I'm Stella from [[ Mii ]] Magazine.
Wario: Humma-humma ding-a-dong, you sure are.
Stella: Wario, now that you have your new castle, what's next?
Wario: Well, I'm-a gonna [[ stealin' with ]] some more treasures, what else? My castle is gonna rank-a Number 1; You should like-a me, heh-heh! And eh maybe you would like to come up and uh, see and play with my gold-a coins (giggles). Maybe I put-a spaghetti meatball sauce all over you (Laughs). Okey dokey.

(Crowd calls for Wario)

Wario: You, the hunny-wunny, Rehrrr!
Geretta: Hi, Wario, this is Geretta from [[ dot com]].
Wario: Hello, Geretta.
Geretta: Hello. Will you ever be financially satisfied?
Wario: I'm-a don't know. Will you ever be as enchanting as me? (Laughs) Nobody is!

(Crowd calls for Wario)

Wario: Ah, you, the short guy!
Stan: Yeah, Stan, SDRFM Radio, Sugar Daddy Radio, Stan the Man. Wario, What d' you really think of your rival Mario?
Wario: Well, Stanny-the-nanny, you are real cuckoo-crazy to mind to ask me the question I am to answer! You're lookin' for a good smashin'! Mario...Mr. Goody-Two-Shoes...now there's another guy who's lookin' for a smashin'. [Imitating Mario] Hello, it's-a me, Mr. Goody-Two-Shoe Mario! Grrrrr...he-a can't-a hold-a candle like-a me; he-a wishes he were me; he-a want to be powerful like-a Wario! But he never will. Ooooo...hey, Stanny-the-nanny, remind me to smash you later on!

(Crowd calls for Wario)

Wario: Yeees...?
Bumpkin: Bumpkin, from the Diamond Enquirer. Hey Wario, Any special lady in your life?
Wario: Naaah...come on, who has-a time for women these-a days, eh? Besides, there are plenty of people begging to get a piece, of-a me. But I'm-a too powerful to be bothered. The only lady in my life, is cold-hearted...Miss Gold Coins. Oh yeah, oh yeah, Miss-a Gold Coins.

Wario: Okey-dokey, enough of idle chit-chat. I've got to go back to make-a my money, and have a rotten day! (let's out a suppressed air sound effect)

Looks like it's wiki-worthy after some proof reading, something I did not do for years (found this text file in my thumb drive).

Thanks for reading.

Mcmadness said:
If I recall Mario was originally supposed to use a gun and jetpack? Or something?
It was an idea for Mario to be a shooter game but Nintendo decided not to go there. It would be interesting where the series would be now if that happened.

I have recently learned that Wario is a real name used by someone: Dr. Hassan Wario Arero (PhD) from Kenya

I didn't think a name stemming from a corruption of Mario's name would be used in real life! It's amazing because he is born before the Wario we know was created (Hassan Wario was born in 1970, but Mario's rival Wario was created in 1992).

Thanks for reading.

Oh gosh, I hope he doesn't find out about us.

Back