post any random Mario thought on your mind

I think live-rendering is okay at best but I'd like to see something even more top-notch quality, like the recent Wii U renders we're getting, but animated and stuff. I think it would be glorious, actually. The CGI cutscenes are pretty nice to look at, and they can do all that fancy lighting and rendering and high poly models that live rendering can't realistically do.

I really do miss the days of Wario and Waluigi's antics.

Pretty sure the last one was Super Sluggers back in '08.

Yeah, it pretty much is. But I don't think any can top Mario Power Tennis's piece of art.

What the hell was up with that Mario Sports drought after Sluggers anyway?

Sluggers was well received, wasn't it?

Perhaps the developers were busy?

Next Level Games were making Punch Out Wii, Luigi's Mansion, and now that bloody Federation Force game.

Not sure what Square Enix is doing.

Namco might be doing Super Smash Bros. rather than a Mario Baseball game.

And Camelot made Ultra Smash, Tennis Open, and World Tour, but I don't think people loved any of these, maybe except World Tour. And we have the crappy Mario & Sonic stuff, but no one cares about those.

And any potential new Mario Sports... well, can't predict those, but I think there are overall less Mario spinoffs and more Mario platformers. Yeah, we do get some spinoffs like Puzzles and Dragons, Paper Jam, but overall, it didn't feel as big as Mario soccer, Mario baseball, Mario dancing, Mario "monopoly", Mario mahjong, and the others.

It really amuses me that looking through the Mario Gallery and before SM64 Mario was really short and stumpy.

http://www.mariowiki.com/Gallery:Mario

But after 64 he got the look he's famous for having these days.

And all of a sudden I understand why an incredibly cute character such as Lemmy was conceived as Bowser's son:
MainGroup_PM2.jpg

although the prequel was already a sign of things to come:
BowserPM64.png

Mario Pinball land always made me lament the fact that the GBA never got an isometric Mario platformer.

It looks beautiful for a GBA game and even kept certain classic elements of Mario intact that the modern games seem to ignore, primarily the whole ''landscape has eyes'' thing.

Mcmadness said:
the whole ''landscape has eyes'' thing.

They went too far with Mario Kart: Double Dash!! and realized too late that they surpassed the event horizon...
Yep, the sun has eyes:

Try to count the number of eyes in this video:

Mister Wu said:
Yep, the sun has eyes
I imagined it as an Angry Sun type of thing where the sun has a face, and it should be noted that Desert Hills (DS) have that Angry Sun. Of course, I didn't think it's about the sun having actual eyes, which is something I didn't notice until now.

Thanks for reading.

Mcmadness said:
It really amuses me that looking through the Mario Gallery and before SM64 Mario was really short and stumpy.

http://www.mariowiki.com/Gallery:Mario

But after 64 he got the look he's famous for having these days.
Much prior to this post, I actually wrote about it in Mario's page.

The most notable change Mario has received over the years since Super Mario Bros. (omitting stylistic variations such as depictions in Paper Mario) is his change in stature; Mario is shown to be much stubbier in his earlier appearances compared to his more recent appearances, starting with Super Mario 64. Mario's legs and arms have grown longer over the years, giving him a slimmer look. This may have been the result of Shigeru Miyamoto's response to their "cute" appearances, who considered redesigning them to "become a bit more grown-up" in the GameCube era, for instance by removing their trademark V sign.

Here's a nice direct comparison.
Mario_and_Luigi_smb2.gif
628px-Mario_and_Luigi_hats.png

Stanley Pines said:
Dr. Mario said:
Stanley Pines said:
Dr. Mario said:
Time Turner said:
dang it it's not him

i feel disappointed that a russian politician wasn't in a mario series

which seems stranger than him being in said series in the first palce
dang it. Oh well, we still have an image implying about Luigi discovering concentration camps in this wiki.
what where
The world needs to know
from what game does that come from
It's not a game per se, it's artwork from the Mario Quiz card series, although the illustration matches extremely closely to the official illustrations at the time.

I kinda miss stubby Mario.

Me too, but I prefer his sleeker design overall, he just looks better. But hey, this isn't Sonic Boom.

Talking about Luigi here? Well, the more modern Luigi has both a neck and a chin.

Mario generations. Modern Mario meets Stubby Mario.

Mcmadness said:
I'd like a mash-up between silicon graphics Mario and modern Mario as well. Maybe it can be between THREE Marios.

Which means three Bowsers. :O}3

Mario HAS a neck though, you have to look behind his head or if his head is tilted at a certain angle. It's just that Mario's neck is nested behind and inside his big head (making his neck fairly annoying to rig to since you have to zoom inside his model), and it's the reason all articulate Mario figures lack this neck.

As for Luigi, yeah, it's more apparent he lacks a chin. I think he looks dorkier without a defined chin.

Oh, one of my pet peeves about Mario & Luigi art is that both often lack a mouth, more often Mario. I know eyes can convey a lot, but it's still kind of hard what emotion Mario is going through other than "TAKE THAT" and "Hello. I'm neutral." Even in the games, Mario conveys more. In the artwork, I'd like more "I'm about to get eaten!" "This is embarrassing." "Peach just kissed me" "You punched my grandmother" and "Looks like you'll need burn heal" as in the games.

I wonder what happens when Luigi becomes the shorter and stouter of the brothers... how would things be different today?

Thanks for reading.

255px-Small_Luigi_Artwork_-_New_Super_Luigi_U.png

On a serious note, I doubt anything would be changed other than flavor text, but Luigi's going to bear the brunt of the fat jokes instead.

Dr. Mario said:
Mcmadness said:
I'd like a mash-up between silicon graphics Mario and modern Mario as well. Maybe it can be between THREE Marios.

Which means three Bowsers. :O}3
Much more than three:

Original Super Mario Bros. Bowser
Bowser_and_Peach_original_SMB.png

Blue-eyed Bowser
Main_cast_scene_SMB3.jpg

SMB_Mushroom_World-Bowser_Artwork.png

Classic Bowser (Super Mario World)
SMWBowser.jpg

Super Mario 64 Bowser
SM64_Mario_Swings_Bowser.png

And finally, modern Bowser
ItadakiBowser.PNG

Bowser_artwork02.png

Mama mia, that's a lot! Unleash the Marios! *gets out that former image in Lumastar's signature*

Anyway, we had Donkey Kong Mario, Vietnam War veteran Mario, and Mario Bros.. Mario along with stumpy Mario, modern Mario, and silicon graphics Mario. They, along with Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi Mario and their brotherly counterparts went on to star in the sequel to Paper Jam, where Brawl Mario is the main, super edgy antagonist along with his sinister, emotionless Mario is Missing Mario and the dorky dimwitted Hotel Mario minion, although Super Mario Bros. Bowser, Blue-eyed Bowser, Classic Bowser, Silicon graphics Bowser, and modern Bowser provide to be major thorns on both the good guys' and edgy Brawl Mario's sides.

The live-action Mario, Luigi, and King Koopa along with the cartoon versions will make a cameo appearance although it'll have to be someone else because they're not with us.

If there were a Mario Generations, I'd want the classic characters to be from the cartoons.

There could be some good jokes about Modern Bros' silence.

Back