post any random Mario thought on your mind

Time Turner said:
holy *bleep* gorbachev is canon (Mikhail S. Gorbachev)

and it's really him

and not just an actor or a comic like it's literally him

mario is weird
how did that even happen

holy wow i can't believe he agreed to that.

Time Turner said:
holy *bleep* gorbachev is canon (Mikhail S. Gorbachev)

and it's really him

and not just an actor or a comic like it's literally him

mario is weird
Yeah, that's the weirdest thing I've heard all day.

quick add that to the did you know section in mariowiki's front page

Time Turner said:
dang it it's not him

i feel disappointed that a russian politician wasn't in a mario series

which seems stranger than him being in said series in the first palce
Damn it. Oh well, we still have an image implying about Luigi discovering concentration camps in this wiki.

Dr. Mario said:
They're... like, the same person with the same consciousness and thought process, but you get to kill him again. Like in Smash Bros. If they die, they just respawn.

So they're essentially undead.

Stanley Pines said:
Dr. Mario said:
Time Turner said:
dang it it's not him

dang it. Oh well, we still have an image implying about Luigi discovering concentration camps in this wiki.
what where

Ugh that thought.

Mary Berry said:
Dr. Mario said:
They're... like, the same person with the same consciousness and thought process, but you get to kill him again. Like in Smash Bros. If they die, they just respawn.

It's not exactly that; would you say that Mario is undead after you see his falling into a pit?

Mary Berry said:
Stanley Pines said:
Dr. Mario said:
Time Turner said:
dang it it's not him

dang it. Oh well, we still have an image implying about Luigi discovering concentration camps in this wiki.
what where

Ugh that thought.
I know, right?

Dr. Mario said:
Mary Berry said:
Dr. Mario said:

It's not exactly that; would you say that Mario is undead after you see his falling into a pit?

If he dies but is still alive that makes him undead, right?

Dr. Mario said:
Mary Berry said:
Stanley Pines said:
Dr. Mario said:
Time Turner said:
dang it it's not him

what where

Ugh that thought.
I know, right?

Right.

Mario Galaxy and SSB4 hint at the 1-up generating a "new Mario!", so I guess it's canon that Mario dies and a new one takes his place

Mary Berry said:
Dr. Mario said:
Mary Berry said:
Dr. Mario said:

If he dies but is still alive that makes him undead, right?
Isn't like that Jesus resurrection thing... yeah isn't he revived?

he isn't undead because he was never revived. "All the Marioa got together and talked about it" is in the trophy description for 1-Up, so they all exist alongside each other.

The Pyro Guy said:
he isn't undead because he was never revived. "All the Marioa got together and talked about it" is in the trophy description for 1-Up, so they all exist alongside each other.
Ah, maybe they're stunt doubles because Mario games are a play or some shit like that.

Dr. Mario said:
The Pyro Guy said:
Ah, maybe they're stunt doubles because Mario games are a play or some *bleep* like that.

I like this theory best now that it's been introduced.

Well Miyamoto said that SMB3 was a play so why not everything else?

Mary Berry said:
Dr. Mario said:
The Pyro Guy said:
Ah, maybe they're stunt doubles because Mario games are a play or some *bleep* like that.

I like this theory best now that it's been introduced.
I kind of like this one too, but I still think Mario and Bowser resent each other.

The Pyro Guy said:
Well Miyamoto said that SMB3 was a play so why not everything else?
It makes the most sense given that Mario, Bowser, and Wario are karting together at one point and then beating the crap out of each other in Smash Bros.. According to Mario, though, Smash Bros. is a "contract".

Oh, my friends at Smash-oh hey, oh hey, I, uh, we came to an agreement, you know; Princess Peach, and uh, Luigi; eh all of us came to an agreement that we're just going to beat us up for fun and game, and just we all whack each other.

It's weird to think that they beat each other up for fun. Imagine saying that to someone, "I beat up my girlfriend for fun."

But the difference is that they agreed to beat each other up. So Peach isn't exactly a victim either.

So, is Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games really the last Mario game to have a CGI cutscene of some sort? Because it's been a while since we last had pretty-looking CGI stuff for a game opening, and I think it's pretty sad it's overall scrapped. Now, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U had several, but that's not a Mario game, and I'll just conveniently disregard that.

The in-engine cutscenes have been fine recently. I can't think of a game where I thought that it would have benefited from a CG cutscene. I think it's only worth doing if there's an actual reason to do it, even if it's only that they have an idea that they couldn't get across otherwise.

Back