post any random Mario thought on your mind

Why is it strange that I like Mario games that don't traditionally look like Mario games?

Like Dark Moon, Treasure Tracker (to an extent), and Strikers games?

This is relevant because we're talking about Morio Land and it'd probably lack Koopas/Goombas/typical Mario stuff and have more "new" stuff.

Mario land 2 actually had koopas and goombas in it.

Though I'd argue it shouldn't have since Bowser wasn't the villain.

Baby Luigi said:
Use Captain Syrup. Can't believe no one mentioned her.

She's more like a stand alone thief these days.

Baby Luigi said:
Oh, yeah. Duh.

Or maybe Count Cannoli could assemble some of Wario's biggest enemies. And I was thinking that Mario could be one of them, since Wario once took over Mario Land.

And maybe they plan to take over WarioWare, Inc. but Mario instead goes to Wario's castle to warn him, being the good-natured fellow he is.

Not the best story, but it gets Mario and Wario working together, and that's all I care about.

Magikrazy said:
Baby Luigi said:
Oh, yeah. Duh.

Or maybe Count Cannoli could assemble some of Wario's biggest enemies. And I was thinking that Mario could be one of them, since Wario once took over Mario Land.

And maybe they plan to take over WarioWare, Inc. but Mario instead goes to Wario's castle to warn him, being the good-natured fellow he is.

Not the best story, but it gets Mario and Wario working together, and that's all I care about.
Sounds good. Count Cannoli, with Captain Syrup's advice, creates his own company that treats its employees much better and makes better quality games (while openly attacking the recent performance of Game & Wario), which it openly advertises and uses it to threaten to bankrupt WarioWare. Mario, with his excellent marketing experience from Mario Toy Company endeavors, proves to be an invaluable, yet nagging ally because Wario just want to do what he wants to do, but it's hard when every other WarioWare employee wants Mario to be the head of WarioWare while Mario continuously declines the position only because he's way too nice.

I do wonder how rich Wario is. With all the treasure he's gotten over the years I'd imagine he's got a lot.

Mcmadness said:
I do wonder how rich Wario is. With all the treasure he's gotten over the years I'd imagine he's got a lot.
Well, billionaire for sure (remember the "Wario Billionaires" company!), and since the currency in the Mushroom Kingdom is golden coins, he must have billions of golden coins!

And a planet too!

Mcmadness said:

Not very.

This is the same series where Daisy owns a cruiseliner, Mario owns a spaceship, Luigi owns a mansion, Peach owns an Ice Rink, Bowser Jr. owns a boulevard, Toad owns a factory and a harbor, and all of those characters have their faces plastered everywhere

Hell, Waluigi has a tennis court, a pinball-themed race track, a pinball-themed sports court, multiple stadiums, an entire island, and god knows what else. Who in their right mind is selling all of this to freaking Waluigi?

Time Turner said:
Hell, Waluigi has a tennis court, a pinball-themed race track, a pinball-themed sports court, multiple stadiums, an entire island, and god knows what else. Who in their right mind is selling all of this to freaking Waluigi?
This explains why Waluigi hasn't gotten his own game yet. The guy is living his ass off with his giant pinball machine.

LN1 said:
Baby Luigi said:
Mario owns a spaceship, Luigi owns a mansion
To be fair Mario got the spaceship handed to him and Luigi "won" the mansion in a contest and did some ghostbusting which earned him the mansion.
Baby Luigi said it wrong. Mario owns a friggin' ISS.
640px-RainbowRoadMK8.png

Mario also owns a cigarette company and a castle.

Baby Luigi said:
Mcmadness said:

Not very.

This is the same series where Daisy owns a cruiseliner, Mario owns a spaceship, Luigi owns a mansion, Peach owns an Ice Rink, Bowser Jr. owns a boulevard, Toad owns a factory and a harbor, and all of those characters have their faces plastered everywhere
Dr. Mario said:
LN1 said:
Baby Luigi said:
Mario owns a spaceship, Luigi owns a mansion
To be fair Mario got the spaceship handed to him and Luigi "won" the mansion in a contest and did some ghostbusting which earned him the mansion.
Baby Luigi said it wrong. Mario owns a friggin' ISS.
640px-RainbowRoadMK8.png

Mario also owns a cigarette company and a castle.
But who could actually buy a whole planet? Do planets have a universal worth?
I doubt Wario actually bought it. He most likely just [/i]says that it's his.

If sci-fi games and movies taught you, then yes, planets can have worth, as continents and countries have "monetary" worth in some shape or form. However, in reality, our current technology makes it nearly impossible to "claim" a planet; the furthest any human has physically been to is the freaking far side of the moon

The Pyro Guy said:
But who could actually buy a whole planet? Do planets have a universal worth?
I doubt Wario actually bought it. He most likely just [/i]says that it's his.
I think Mario bought the planet.

MarioSponsorMKAGP2.png

And we do get references for "Mario's World" or something like that to stand-in for Mushroom Kingdom, so it's not a mere sponsor, it's an outright statement of fact.

Wario bought his own planet at the end of the original wario land.

Mcmadness said:
Wario bought his own planet at the end of the original wario land.
Yeah, I haven't read that

The planet is probably going to end up like Venus in several years anyway, explaining why Wario can afford it.

Well in actuality I think the canon ending (depends on how much treasure you find) is that Wario gets the 2nd best ending which is a castle because thats what he has in the sequel.

I wish Wario got to appear in Mario platformers as a playable character.

I wish that too. Wario deserves better than this.

Mcmadness said:
I wish Wario got to appear in Mario platformers as a playable character.

please no

wario is already kinda overrated as it is

if there's anyone who needs to be playable in a mario platformer it's Bowser

like a reverse game

Baby Luigi said:
I wish that too. Wario deserves better than this.

why do I get the feeling sarcasm is involved in this post

He's rather underutilized nowadays beyond Warioware. Which is a pity. He was fun to play as in his land games and SM64DS.

A Wario world sequel would be nice too.

Mcmadness said:
He's rather underutilized nowadays beyond Warioware. Which is a pity. He was fun to play as in his land games and SM64DS.

He was pretty much Mario with a changed appearance, that's all

minus the vanish/wing caps

I just want a much more apparent marriage between the Mario and Wario worlds, so we see Mario and WarioWare/Wario Land stuff intermingling and creating an even richer cast of interesting characters. That way, we can get Wario in those Mario platformers. I think Mario platformers in general just need characters like Wario, Daisy, Waluigi, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, etc. It's sad to see them confined to the spinoffs.

Mary Berry said:
Mcmadness said:

He was pretty much Mario with a changed appearance, that's all

minus the vanish/wing caps
Don't compare that hideous obese monster thing to Mario.

I'm tempted to post a picture now

I really don't mind, Mario and...he are the same rank in my book

him: lame
Mario: lame

Back