Your pet peeves.

Because girls prefer princesses apparently.

And Queens equal evil apparently.

But Kings go both ways.

No I don't get it either.

Mcmadness said:

But Kings go both ways.

I didn't know Honey Queen was evil.

Mcmadness said:

But Kings go both ways.

And even so, the Shroob Princesses are evil and are called "Princesses"

Huh? What gives? They look more like Queens to me than Princesses. I don't see any higher ruler than them.

Maybe in the Mario world royalty's title is changed as you age?

Shit I don't know.

Or they have to get married to be queens (or kings) - tbh that's how I thought it worked when I was younger for some reason. (But then Merelda got around it by being from the Shake Dimention rather than the Mushroom World. Unless the Shake King was her abusive husband all along...)

Baby Luigi said:
They look more like Queens to me than Princesses. I don't see any higher ruler than them.
It makes sense for the younger sister to merely be a princess, and it actually would have been a pretty clever move if it had been foreshadowing that she wasn't the true leader, but then nope, the other one's merely the "Elder Princess" instead of "Queen" - it's like, why?

my biggest peeve everybody knows: My favorite Yoshi design being ditched for years. Oh well,At least the old games are playable now in the 3ds and Baby Yoshi's design returned.

That pointless minigame at the top of the castle in Super Mario 64 Ds. The whole roof in general.

No more real Mario vs Donkey Kong's

DK being reduced to a less significant Mario character.

Wario having the same treatment.

Donatello said:
Non-gameplay moments
* People denouncing the MarioXPeach shipping since they think Mario is an old guy while Peach is a teenager or young adult, especially when they use the excuse that Peach made her debut as a baby long after Mario and Luigi. The fact that BowserXPeach actually gets supported kind of worsens it.
Well, Mario isn't much older. Just look at Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time and Yoshi's Island DS. They're only a few years apart, but Mario is definitely older.

That being said, I don't support Mario x Peach shipping. I don't like romance in anything.

Donatello said:
* Luigi's fanbase treating Mario like he's brain dead and lazy. Yet they flat out ignore when Luigi does the same thing.
I like the idea of a lazy Mario while Luigi's doing all the chores, but braindead Luigi fanbrats do all sorts of ad homineum attacks on Mario.

Donatello said:
* The Koopalings being treated as if they were the best thing since sliced bread.
Yeah, IMO, there's nothing special about these creatures.

Donatello said:
* Feeling pity for the minions and treating the heroes as if they were monsters who are wrongfully being murdered when first off, there's nothing to stop the minions from switching sides and leave Mario (or whoever else you're playing as at the moment) and they'll run over to attack you.
I'm not a huge fan of this trope that's prevalent in Mario fanarts. It seems to me the most common in Mario fan art, but again, I view mostly Mario fanart that's at most PG-13.

Cirdec said:
Mcmadness said:

But Kings go both ways.

I didn't know Honey Queen was evil.
I guess you have to be young and pretty and spice and nice to be a princess. Otherwise, you're a queen.

Mario is evil and Mario drugs jokes annoy me.

No. Bowser is not some benevolent King who is trying to free the world from the mushroom kingdom. He's a greedy egotistical tyrant with delusions of grandeur and all his minions loyally follow him into any scheme he comes up with.

The 'shroom jokes are absolutely unfunny as they are abused and overused.

Just like Baby Luigi getting kidnapped

because it most definitely is abused

at least it's not a running joke unlike what peach's case is

Mcmadness said:
Mario drugs jokes annoy me.

I find that annoying too, but to be fair, the red mushrooms with white spots you find in Mario games are based on the Amanita mushroom.

Any Mario/TMNT crossover fanart depicts Mario as the bad guy for stomping on turtles. (S)hell, I even saw a parody of the 80's cartoon depicting Mario wearing Shredder's armor.

F5Abvu1.jpg

CHmf4dq.jpg

V0TJ2xA.jpg

Although conincidentally, I found some good crossover fanart as well.
ot8nf.jpg

sjGMFUj.png

Baby Luigi said:
because it most definitely is abused

at least it's not a running joke unlike what peach's case is

True, true.

Another one. I hate when people say Bowser is a joke of a villain that isn't worth anything.

Mcmadness said:
Mario is evil and Mario drugs jokes annoy me.
Those jokes about how Mario is ruthless or on drugs also annoys me to no end. The only time Mario can be ruthless is toward Wario, Donkey Kong, or Yoshi. Maybe Waluigi if Waluigi gets in the way.

Donatello said:
This one is cute. They got the color of Fire Mario and Fire Luigi's hat wrong, though.

The lack of power-ups in Super Mario world.

Mewtwo said:
Realistic mario fanart.

lol those are terrible :P

i mean yeah, I don't disagree that talent and skill can be put into them and I can understand people who like them but I for the life of me can't like them.

it only slightly bothers me for people who insist on drawing Mario/Luigi eyes on Baby Mario and Baby Luigi but the artwork still ends up cute anyway so....I don't hate it ENTIRELY.

Mewtwo said:
Realistic mario fanart.
That pisses me off to no end. :P No offense who likes that fanart, though, but I abhor the style.

That Mario's courses are never anything that isn't a circuit or a typical racetrack. Give him a pink plush unicorn rainbow sweets land or a fiery hell inferno (or both), anything, even something through Mario's digestive track, just anything not a circuit or a raceway.

A course where you drive through the sewers, Mario's day job!

Mario Party Σ said:
Mewtwo said:
Realistic mario fanart.
That pisses me off to no end. :P No offense who likes that fanart, though, but I abhor the style.
It could work. It's just that it rarely (if ever) does.

Mario Party Σ said:
That Mario's courses are never anything that isn't a circuit or a typical racetrack. Give him a pink plush unicorn rainbow sweets land or a fiery hell inferno (or both), anything, even something through Mario's digestive track, just anything not a circuit or a raceway.
I'm in support of this, even though there will still likely be your average Mario Circuit.

Mcmadness said:
A course where you drive through the sewers, Mario's day job!
Like Piranha Plant Pipeway?

Collectibles hidden in really obnoxious places, like secret room in generic mountain that you need power-up to get to. Or most annoying hidden down a pit.

Back