Nintendo Switch

1 2 Switch GOTY 2017

• Yes

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 20 60.6%

• Total voters
Re: Nintendo NX

nintendo head: our consoles aren't selling. we can't come up with any ideas for this gimmicky controller. what do we do
miyamoto, probably: let's create another gimmicky controller, but worse
miyamoto: also create sticker star 2

Hm, now that I think about it, it all boils down on haptic technology. If it's great, this thing could open up a lot of possibilities, like you can put several buttons on the controller or just two. Yeah, the screens on the side of the thing might look dumb, but it might be reserved for only aesthetics or something...

This reminds me of the Wii Remote when it was first revealed. While this doesn't necessarily mean gimmicks would equate to success, it also doesn't mean this thing is going to suck. We'll have to wait and see.

these are both rumored to be from dev kits and are as such not even indicative of what the final controller will look like (but will still be very similar if they are legit). but yeah, i'd prefer to mash physical buttons rather than poke a screen rapidly so I'm not partial to the design either unless it comes with a variant that has buttons (doubt it tbh)

i'd like to think that these rumours will hopefully prompt nintendo to show off the NX ahead of schedule, but I doubt that will happen unless these end up attracting A LOT of negative press

so far, the meltdowns are fun to read tho.

ffs nintendo why can't you just make a normal controller like you always do

*waggles wii remote*

And yet again they forgot to add grips like the patent it was based on did.
I'm still calling fake on this if they can't match the design of the controller.

It has to be real, it's not like anybody would put this much effort into something just to trick a ton of people.

RC20P3L.jpg

The Pyro Guy said:
And yet again they forgot to add grips like the patent it was based on did.
I'm still calling fake on this if they can't match the design of the controller.
But the Wii U controller didn't have grips on its first reveal compared to its release version. I'm betting that this thing, if real, is a prototype and the release version will have grips.

https://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1200538

boom x2

LOL

"This matches those things that were shown a week ago that were known to the public and could easily be used to make a NX leak! It's real! #TeamReal!"

what if the leak being fake is being faked by nintendo to cover up their tracks

What I mean is they want to make the NX more powerful than the PS4. They never really cared about being better than Microsoft or Sony but now...I guess they want to join the fun now.

supermariofan said:
What I mean is they want to make the NX more powerful than the PS4. They never really cared about being better than Microsoft or Sony but now...I guess they want to join the fun now.
Nintendo believe that a console doesn't have to be powerful for it to be good. They've always been competing with actually fun games (for some) rather than "sweet graphics".

The Pyro Guy said:
supermariofan said:
Nintendo believe that a console doesn't have to be powerful for it to be good. They've always been competing with actually fun games (for some) rather than "sweet graphics".

You do realize developing more powerful consoles doesn't only mean "sweet graphics", right?

This was a fucking ridiculous decision they made. I was hoping this year's Digital Event would improve last year's but they've done fucked it up!!! Congratulations Nintendo, you lost E3 before it even started!

Back