• Yes

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 20 60.6%

• Total voters
Re: Nintendo NX

Hilda said:
NX releasing March 2017.

Zelda will be the focus of e3 this year instead of the NX.
HappeningSpace_MP3.png
HappeningSpace_MP3.png
HappeningSpace_MP3.png
HappeningSpace_MP3.png
HappeningSpace_MP3.png
HappeningSpace_MP3.png
HappeningSpace_MP3.png
HappeningSpace_MP3.png
HappeningSpace_MP3.png
HappeningSpace_MP3.png
HappeningSpace_MP3.png
HappeningSpace_MP3.png
HappeningSpace_MP3.png
HappeningSpace_MP3.png

Well I guess it's better to take their time to make sure everything is right and not just rush it. I suppose? Of course it doesn't really matter to me because it's not like I'll be able to afford a NX anytime soon anyways.

sources:

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2016/160427e.pdf

and

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/725224510694240256?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

tbh they only said it won't be 'the focus' but

kek obviously zelda wouldnt just be a wii u game at this point i knew it

the wii u is dead

also the op is up to date in terms of secured/implied information (patents)

e3 would of been a perfect opportunity to show off the nx but no nintendo makes yet another dumb decision and decides just to focus on new zelda, so if your nintendo fan who happens to not like zelda, well e3 is over for you anyway.

i guess we can get excited for new things when the nx reveal comes but as for now this is a big disappointment

Myrmidon NSY said:
so if your nintendo fan who happens to not like zelda, well e3 is over for you anyway.

And it's not like I hate the series or anything. I'm just so incredibly burnt out on it at this point.

remake after remake after remake after spinoff after sequel after dlc cameo after remake and on and on and on

I can't believe the decision Nintendo just made about E3. I was looking forward to seeing new details on the NX, but instead, it's all going to be about Zelda. I am so disappointed. Why? This was a great time for them to speak more details on the NX! :(

I'm just glad to hear that the NX will release next March.

Chiaki Nanami said:
who here /probably not buying the nx/

ill wait until they show games or whatever

if this is another wii u ill join the club.

Other than Zelda and Pokemon Sun and Moon, this whole Digital Event is gonna be fucking boring!! And that's due to the fact that 2016 looks like a really average year for Nintendo. Yes earlier in the year we got Paper Jam, Fire Emblem Fates, and Star Fox. But what about the rest of the year?! We're getting Pokemon Sun and Moon and the Fire Emblem crossover, but what else? Paper Mario Color Splash? Federation Force? Yeah this year seems really average and I'm fucking mad!

So Just Dance 2017 has been confirmed to release on the NX as well as other platforms, marking it as the second overall game to be confirmed for the platform after the new Zelda (Dragon Quest 11 was just "considered" by Square Enix so it doesn't count).

So a few news I guess.

Miyamoto talked about the NX briefly, and he gave a very cryptic reasoning as to why Nintendo isn't talking about the console yet:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/why-nintendo-isnt-talking-about-nx-yet-according-t/1100-6441300/

And Rumors are getting more dense suggesting that the NX will run with Modules and not Discs.

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/230811-nintendos-upcoming-nx-console-may-use-cartridges-instead-of-discs

So I heard that the Nintendo NX will most likely be unveiled at Gamescom during August.

Adrian Fahrenheit "Alucard" Tepes said:
So I heard that the Nintendo NX will most likely be unveiled at Gamescom during August.

kinda doubt it

nintendo hasnt really cared a whole lot for the gamescom so far

suddenly, a leak (spoilers, duh)
discuss

leak looks legitimate, looking forward to playing Zelda U on the go. also, going back to cartridges sounds interesting

Going from what we officially know, it has been clearly stated that the NX will not utilize Android, which this rumor claims to be the case, so since this is directly conflicting official information I'm inclined to say it's bull.

Unless they dramatically changed their plans since last year.

Making a hybrid is a very risking decision from Nintendo, it's certainly be a selling point from nintendo and playing games such as zelda u on go could be great but there's the sacrifice of power of gamers.

So, if this rumor is right, the graphics are going to be inferior (which will likely make the sales worse) and there won't be backwards compatibility. I'm not sure whether this opinion is unpopular or not, but I'm not looking forward to the NX. I'm also worried that people will view it being a hybrid as a gimmick and not want to buy it.

Nintendo has proven to me multiple times that they don't know what they're doing and I would not be surprised if they seriously fuck up with the NX.

I don't personally care about backwards compatibility unless my Wii U would suddenly stop working, but I can understand why the lack of it would suck.

Back