E3 2015 Hopes and Speculation

Well, I honestly thought the original NSMB was pretty meh compared to Wii and U, mostly because the game made you required to use the mini-mushroom to 100% the game, which was a piece of shit item. The level designs were decent, but I thought that Wii and U had far superior level design.

NSMB had Mario vs Luigi mode which instantly makes it pretty awesome.

Baby Luigi said:
NSMB had Mario vs Luigi mode which instantly makes it pretty awesome.
oh man that mode was gr8. me and my brother played the fuck out of it

Lumastar said:
Wally said:
I can tell you that if you have 4 players playing NSMBW and NSMBU, the game gets a ton more entertaining and enjoyable.
I have played both with multiple players, and I still don't find Wii to be a better game than the original. It's a great game, but it ends up being slightly edged out by its predecessor.
Messing with my littlest brother was funny but
he can really be a baby (Although he's 8)

Probably 2015 because iirc, the other Olympic Games were released a year before the actual olympics. But I probably wouldn't get it the Olympic Games are boring.

Lumastar said:
DS Winter Olympics 2010 and Wii London Olympics 2012 were fun, but the others are meh.

Ironically those are the only ones that I have. But yes I did enjoy them

They probably knew the fans hated Other M and are probably smart enough not to make a sequel. Hopefully in a new Metroid game Samus has a better personality.

Lumastar said:
I'm just joking, but we can only hope.
Watch your joke turn into reality.

Cognitive bias, but yeah, that does happen. But considering the huge backlash Other M got, I think it's unlikely.

As for Mario & Sonic, I think they would be much better minigame compilations if they made the dream-events the main attraction instead of treating it as a side mode. You know, fill the game up to the brim with dream-events, expand the roster, and be able to choose the AI you like to face, and I'll happily play it.

Lumastar said:
Did you know that London 3DS 1. featured no Dream Events and 2. only allowed four characters to be chosen from per event?
Yes.

I know that.

I was freaking disappointing once I realized I couldn't use Mario for all events. I've played it for, like, 5 minutes, into the story and I was in such disbelief. It's almost like that epic disbelief I had when I was playing Fortune Street and I couldn't use Mario in single player! FREAKING MARIO!

The game is in the closet just taking up space.

I got the game for the story since I really enjoyed Winter Games DS, but I was disappointed when it was just "cutscene>do this event>rinse and repeat" instead of "explore six worlds across two islands, playing a mix of regular and Dream Olympic events in missions while encountering various characters from the Mario and Sonic series and playing with their abilities.

Not to mention, London 3DS's story is stupid as hell.

"Let's use fog to stop the games once and for all!"

But again, the previous game was pretty stupid with its reckless disregard for the ecological disasters it would've spelled for both sides.

Magikrazy said:
If they're not gonna add any more characters, why did they even add characters in the first place?
I know. I say keep the current roster but throw in Birdo, Diddy, Toad, Rosalina, and Koopa Troopa for Mario and Cream, Rouge, E-123 Omega, Big, and Jet for Sonic.

Master of the House said:
Magikrazy said:
If they're not gonna add any more characters, why did they even add characters in the first place?
I know. I say keep the current roster but throw in Birdo, Diddy, Toad, Rosalina, and Koopa Troopa for Mario and Cream, Rouge, E-123 Omega, Big, and Jet for Sonic.
Meh, I feel Koopa is a subpar choice, but I can't think of good substitutes besides Metal Mario (my own bias), Baby Mario, and Baby Luigi.

If they add characters, there will be four. Eight or more would be awesome and preferred, but let's look at the realistic possibilities.

For Mario, I expect Rosalina (third Technique character) and either Toad or Diddy Kong (third Speed character).

For Sonic, one of the Omega robots for Power and I'm not sure about the All-Around character. They have enough choices, but I don't know which one they'd choose.

probably already mentioned but heres a wishlist

-half-life 3 or any other valve video game release
-fallout 4
-more smash bros. DLC
-new hitman
-revival of older nintendo series
-banjo-kazooie

Back