The Sonic General Thread (Team Sonic Racing Released!)

Re: The Sonic General Thread (Sonic Mania & Untitled Sonic 2017 Game Announced!)

new generations 2 info http://www.tssznews.com/2016/10/28/sega-project-2017-planned-to-include-classic-2d-modern-3d-stages-in-addition-to-that-there-will-be-new-component/

yeah i know what its called i dont care.

Re: The Sonic General Thread (Sonic Mania & Untitled Sonic 2017 Game Announced!)

I can't really imagine what the 'new component' means though

classic 2d and modern 3d are what sonic works best in, so unless they plan to bring back the sonic r racing gameplay I'm confused/10

maybe like a merging between the two kinda thing?

They technically did that already in unleashed and (iirc) colors, so it wouldn't be new per se

maybe they'll let you play as characters other than sonic? would be cool to see tails and knuckles playable again

Scott Pilgrim said:
They technically did that already in unleashed and (iirc) colors, so it wouldn't be new per se

maybe they'll let you play as characters other than sonic? would be cool to see tails and knuckles playable again

well thats not really a new thing either, technically.

Anyway sounds interesting but sonic mania is still far more is interesting.

One thing I wondered is: how does Sonic managed to get so many active communities? Compared to Mario, there are numerous Sonic forums that are considered active, such as Sonic Stadium and Sonic Retro. There are even Sonic events held, such as Summer of Sonic.

Note that this had happened before the Sonic Twitter, in case you want to bring up the Twitter account.

Thanks for reading.

well the are big mario communities out there ive been to a few, as well as the nintendo fangaming convention as well which is a pretty big event.

winstein said:
One thing I wondered is: how does Sonic managed to get so many active communities? Compared to Mario, there are numerous Sonic forums that are considered active, such as Sonic Stadium and Sonic Retro. There are even Sonic events held, such as Summer of Sonic.

Note that this had happened before the Sonic Twitter, in case you want to bring up the Twitter account.

Thanks for reading.

The simple answer is Sonic is still very popular and the fanbase is huge. Now it's certainly a fanbase that often is hypocritical, and fights within itself. But whether anybody is a fan of Sonic because of the classic games, the adventure games, the modern games, the comics, the cartoons, etc. they all are fans of a blue hedgehog with super speed that fights robots, where even if what they like about Sonic may entirely be the opposite of what another Sonic fan likes about Sonic. There's no denying that even with whatever differences there tends to be, Sonic fans all tend to have that passion for the franchise that's hard to find an equal.

There's something I find interesting: For Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), the Eggman found in that version is treated as a different character, based on the opinion on some fans' works, even though Eggman was played by the same voice actor as the regular one. That means that Sonic is still treated as the same character because I guess he still looks the same. In fact, it seems that with Sonic, if the character looks different they are treated as a different character. Case in point: the existence of the labels Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic. Yes, there's Boom Sonic, but he's intentionally a different version of the same character, compared to the two Sonics of Generations. Contrast that with Mario, who even though has a different appearance early on, was almost never treated as a different character.

Northern Verve said:
winstein said:

Thanks for reading.

The simple answer is Sonic is still very popular and the fanbase is huge. Now it's certainly a fanbase that often is hypocritical, and fights within itself. But whether anybody is a fan of Sonic because of the classic games, the adventure games, the modern games, the comics, the cartoons, etc. they all are fans of a blue hedgehog with super speed that fights robots, where even if what they like about Sonic may entirely be the opposite of what another Sonic fan likes about Sonic. There's no denying that even with whatever differences there tends to be, Sonic fans all tend to have that passion for the franchise that's hard to find an equal.

It's quite a miracle that Sonic fans can be united despite the differences in opinion. One of the amazing things I find about Sonic is that there are people who willingly donate a lot of money for Sonic arcade machines just to get the data from it. In other places, forgotten arcade versions would not likely have their data dumped, but with Sonic, we got to see the Police minigame and that Sonic Popcorn. That passion is quite phenomenal.

Thanks for reading.

Please tell me the Freedom Fighters are in the game since the trailer said "Join the Resistance".

You know, that thought came into my head too, but I doubt it. My guess is a few extra main characters, like Tails and Knuckles, maybe Amy and Classic Tails.

I hope it happens because I want to see Sally in the game. I'm a huge Sonsal fan. Not only are they my favorite Sonic couple but also my favorite video game couple of all time.

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/842511915112841216

Sonic 2017 is now called Sonic Forces.

also flying battery was confirmed for mania so
thumbup.gif

first gameplay footage of Modern Sonic.

I think we've had quite enough of that.

Although honestly I am rather excited.

Lots of explosions.

Re: The Sonic General Thread (Project Sonic 2017's name is Sonic Forces)

Oh boy.

so sega finally decided to embrace the OCs.

I think it's actually a good idea in theory. But I can see the number of ways it can go wrong.

finally, my dreams of sonichu becoming canon are finally realized

https://twitter.com/DeviantArt/status/864533573843337216

As long as I can create Blonic I shall be content.

Lmao, I've changed so much, I'm a sonic fan now. I'm way past excited for Sonic Mania, since I love the classics. Sonic Forces also looks good, though I'm not sure now I feel about the OC creator thing.

Marcia said:
Lmao, I've changed so much, I'm a sonic fan now. I'm way past excited for Sonic Mania, since I love the classics. Sonic Forces also looks good, though I'm not sure now I feel about the OC creator thing.
Sonic OC's are literally the only good thing to happen to Sonic in like 20 years

Ayy it's the Blue Blur's 26th anniversary today. Happy Birthday, Sonic!

Oh, and apparently Sonic 1's now free on mobile, but I haven't checked since I already have the 3DS port.

Back