The Sonic General Thread (Team Sonic Racing Released!)

Re: The Sonic the Hedgehog General Thread (Most Recent Game Release: Sonic Dash 2)

I realize I'm a little late to say this but am I the only one who is a little bummed that Sega made a Sonic Boom tv show when there's a certain show that should be revived? Hint hint.

Re: The Sonic the Hedgehog General Thread (Most Recent Game Release: Sonic Dash 2)

supermariofan said:
I realize I'm a little late to say this but am I the only one who is a little bummed that Sega made a Sonic Boom tv show when there's a certain show that should be revived? Hint hint.

Which one? There's been multiple Sonic shows :V

I would assume Sonic SatAM though. Though I think the Archie Comics are basically SatAM considering it also had the whole Freedom Fighters thing and similar characters that are exclusive to it. I don't think SatAM will ever be revived though.

It would be cool if they made a tv show based on the Archie comics because to be honest...that's actually the best thing about the Sonic franchise. Yes I love it more than the games. Sonic and Sally are not only my favorite video game couples, but they're the most realistic video game couples I've ever seen. I don't care how strange it sounds, that's how I feel about them.

supermariofan said:
It would be cool if they made a tv show based on the Archie comics

What's funny about that is in truth the Comic was based on the show. Although the Comics were released before the show first aired. The show must of been conceptualized first and shown to the Archie comics staff. Without SatAM aired though they only had AoSTH to base things off of and it's why early issues of the comic focused more on silly humor rather then any of the dramatics that SatAM would inspire. When it became obvious SatAM struck a cord more with fans, the comic similarly changed tone to meld with what SatAM had.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/251844-live-action-animated-sonic-film-due-in-2018

here we go

I really hope it's not something along the lines of "Sonic and co. end up in the real world and have to get used to life in *real life city* while zany hijinks ensue."

Threek said:
http://gonintendo.com/stories/251844-live-action-animated-sonic-film-due-in-2018

here we go

I really hope it's not something along the lines of "Sonic and co. end up in the real world and have to get used to life in *real life city* while zany hijinks ensue."

Unfortunately that's all I'm really expecting out of it. Or a repeat of Sonic X only possibly more cringe-worthy given it would include real life people in it. I really don't have too many high hopes for the movie.

Aside from that though, I actually have high hopes for this year regarding the franchise's 25th Anniversery. Sega has kept tight-lipped on what they have planned, and I think they're just waiting for the right time as well as making sure they don't rush the game (I could very well see them announce the game for the Anniversary but not actually release it in the year of his Anniversary so it comes out as polished as it needs to be. I do think Sega's learned it's lesson from Sonic 06)

OH ROY FINALLY A NEW BAD VIDEO GAME MOVIE

because it looks like the wow and ac movies are actually going to not suck i was worried this was the end of shit tier stuff à la super mario bros.

Threek said:

here we go

I mean, I always was personally fond of the concept of fictional characters getting out of their world and interacting with the real one. It has a lot of possibilities, that's why it keeps getting done. However, Hollywood always screws up with it one way or another.

I'm not expecting this movie to be any good, but if it does turn out good, then that's gr8

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/sonic-hedgehog-movie-works-at-710867

older article but:
Sony and producer Neal Moritz are bringing the best-selling Sega video game Sonic the Hedgehog to the big screen.

The studio is teaming with Japan-based production company Marza Animation Planet, a division of the Sega Sammy Group, to make a hybrid computer-animated/live-action feature.

Upright Citizens Brigade alums Evan Susser and Van Robichaux are writing the screenplay, which will follow the antics of Sonic, the world's fastest hedgehog. The film will also feature some of the franchise's favorite characters, including the evil Dr. Eggman.

marza animation is mostly known for making cg cutscenes for games including sonic

so at least he'll look good?

something entirely different

the sonic twitter page did a thing

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/697130115751280640

Hidden Content in this picture has been decrypted: https://www.reddit.com/r/Monstercat/comments/44y90l/sonic_the_hedgehog_on_twitter_the_key_lies_with/

so either this is just teasing an elaborate april fools joke, OOOOOOOOOOOOORR...

Just got Gems Collection, and I enjoy it.

The one I'm playing the most is Sonic R, although it's not that good. I can't wait to unlock
Metal Knuckles

So at SXSW they had a fun little panel that included Yuji Naka, the current voice actors for Sonic and Eggman, as well as the guy who runs the Sonic social media. It was mainly funny jokes and facts we already knew. But there were two announcements.

Sonic Boom Fire & Ice is set for September 27th. And on June 22nd they are having a Sonic 25th Anniversery event in San Diego. Yeah pretty much an announcement for another announcement, but this should be the time we learn what the plans are for the next main series Sonic game.

Northern Verve said:
as well as the guy who runs the Sonic social media.

kek

also about the announcement for another announcement thing, this is exactly what square enix did announcing the ff15 event that will take place later this month where the release date of the game will finally be revealed lol

(inb4 its delayed to 2017)

Midna said:
(inb4 its delayed to 2017)

Quite honestly wouldn't be mad if that happened lol

I don't care for the Sonic Boom games at all, but September 27 seems like a really long time for the game to be released considering it was set to be released Holiday last year, was it not?

I read a rumour that apparently the team behind fire an ice had barely touched the game's development for several months after it was announced.

Though that was never confirmed.

http://bigthec.at/

i'll just leave this here

Appearently Sega is currently running a survey.

This is one of the questions:

3070658-1.png

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sega-survey-asks-about-sonic-crossover-games/1100-6440322/

You think there would be a Garfield option, considering the two have shared a game collection in the past. I'd be open to a Sonic and Garfield crossover. Maybe Eggman would have a plan to rid the world of lasagna. :P

I doubt anything substantial will really come of it. Apparently Sega maninly did polls like these for Mobile-esque games before. So even if something was made as a result it'd probably just be a small little mobile game and not a big crossover.

If only crossover votes with Mario would also get Mario and Sonic to actually have a platformer together though. Instead of Sega possibly thinking it's just for the Olympic Games.

lego sonic is now a thing

I kid you not

If it weren't for the whole Skylanders thing with Lego Dimensions I'd actually consider having it due to how such a mega crossover it is.

But I think it's actually cool to see Sonic included in on it anyway.

lego dimensions is pretty cool though

only problem is that its really fucking expensive either way.

But damn I'd really like to play that portal level.

Re: The Sonic the Hedgehog General Thread (Happy 25th Anniversary!)

As of today, the Sonic franchise has hit 25 years!

(Oh and if you're wondering if there will be a game announcement or anything today, probably not. That's probably being saved for the 25th Anniversary party that's been set for next month on July 22nd. They're planning to have that streamed and everything, so it'll probably be a pretty big event)

Re: The Sonic the Hedgehog General Thread (Happy 25th Anniversary!)

My prediction: they hold a contest for all the Sonic fans to make a new original character and the winner will have his or her character in the next Sonic game.

Back