The Sonic General Thread (Team Sonic Racing Released!)

Re: The Sonic the Hedgehog General Thread (Happy 25th Anniversary!)

Magikrazy said:
My prediction: they hold a contest for all the Sonic fans to make a new original character and the winner will have his or her character in the next Sonic game.
Oh maaaaan everybody crack open your deviantart accounts.

im expecting sonic genesis hd remasted

The Sonic 25th Anniversary event is to be streamed tomorrow (or today in some areas) at 6 pm PST/9 pm EST, with murmuring of there being a game announcement.

The new game is announced, and it's Sonic Mania, released on Spring 2017 on PS4, XB1 and PC:

I hope that it gets a release on the NX when it is to be announced on a later date.

Thanks for reading.

except that wasn't the game

THIS IS THE GAME

happy NX, happy holiday 2017, happy 'basically generations 2'

Well that was painful to sit through and completely underwhelming. Also Sonic Mania not coming to Wii U and/or NX for whatever arbitrary reason is just stupid.

Re: The Sonic General Thread (Sonic Mania & Untitled Sonic 2017 Game Announced!)

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
*crush 40 for 12 hours*

out of 10

but as for the games, they look fun

well sonic mania at least, considering we havent seen any gameplay at all from the second game

also im pretty sure classic sonic will just be a main character of the sonic series from now on

Re: The Sonic General Thread (Sonic Mania & Untitled Sonic 2017 Game Announced!)

Awkwardness from a majority of the stream aside. These two game announcements are much needed.

Sonic Mania caters to the Classic fans with a true return to the series roots that also includes original levels of it's very own. (Even if it's a bit of a shame it's not going on Wii U or NX)

And the currently untitled game looks to satisfy those hoping Generations gameplay makes a return. I know it's not exactly a sequel in the official sense. But c'mon, bringing back Classic Sonic can't be just a coincidence. Though I certainly imagine there will be more unique levels this time around.

Overall I think I was right in thinking Sonic is doing just fine. Once you account for the Boom games being a separate thing altogether.

I just watched a bunch of that

like 90% was bullshit, Mania looked interesting but didn't really warrant a huge announcement like that, and I'm not particularly hyped for Generations 2.

Really the best part was the like 30 Minutes of Crush40

Join the Resistance? *gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssspppppppp*......................OH MY GOD!!!! PLEASE TELL ME THE FREEDOM FIGHTERS ARE ADDED!!!!! I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR SEGA TO ADD SALLY IN AN ACTUAL VIDEO GAME BECAUSE I LOVE SALLY SO MUCH!!!! SONALLY ARE THE BEST VIDEO GAME COUPLE EVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! Sorry...so yeah it looks good.

Just saw clips of it and it was cringe. Sega seem to be playing it safe with these two games knowing that their going to be good to at least some degree. I think considering the state the franchise is in, it's the right thing to do at least we might actually see Sonic games that are worth our time again.

Yeah, I didn't expect there to be two game announcements, so I thought that Sonic Mania was just it. Since Sonic 2017 is to be on the NX, that one is automatically a game I look forward to compared to Sonic Mania, though I hope there are plans to make it NX at a later date.

Thanks for reading.

Even though I'm not a Sonic fan, I had to stare in disbelief of Sonic Mania existing. I guess it's a holdover from my own burnt exasperation of nostalgia pandering in the Mario series, but is Sonic really doing this too now?

Striker Mario said:
Even though I'm not a Sonic fan, I had to stare in disbelief of Sonic Mania existing. I guess it's a holdover from my own burnt exasperation of nostalgia pandering in the Mario series, but is Sonic really doing this too now?

Sonic kinda needs it right now. At least for a little bit. Years of flip-flopping between different styles has made Sonic have a reputation of having something that is the opposite extreme of what the Mario series has done. I'm willing to bet many responses to people asking why Mario is so stagnant is "So Mario doesn't become like Sonic".

Though this is another reason Sonic and Mario really need a crossover platformer game. Nintendo co-developing with the current Sonic team behind Generations, Colors, and the new game coming in 2017 would make sure the game would be another solid game but a crossover platformer would be something that the Mario series have really never tried before.

I'd say if you combined aspects between Sonic Lost World and Super Mario 3D World, that'd be a good basis.

tbh im literally at the point where i honestly dont know what a good new sonic game could be so

i guess we just have to hope for more surprise hits like sonic colors

Striker Mario said:

Not the first time, remember Sonic 4?

Mcmadness said:
Striker Mario said:

Not the first time, remember Sonic 4?
NO! That Sonic had green eyes and is 3 inches taller! :mad:

LOL Oh how the Sonic fanbase amuses me.

If anyone's interested in knowing just what happened to cause all the issues with the Sonic livestream there's a recap of it here with tweets from one of the people who were behind the livestream.

In short, Murphy's Law was in effect for alot of it early on. It's a miracle we even got the show we got.

i saw someone say the environment in the project sonic 2017 trailer looked like a post apocalyptic city escape and shit thatd be fucking awesome if that were the case

especially if there was an amazing remix of the song to go with it

I picked up Sonic All-Star Racing off the eShop yesterday for 12 bucks. It's really good, would recommend.

the after burner track is incredible <3333

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/deadpool-director-tim-miller-developing-sonic-hedgehog-movie-sony-942661

wow

The plan is to make a hybrid CG-animated/live-action family film
that doesn't seem right

Back