The Sonic General Thread (Team Sonic Racing Released!)

Re: The Sonic the Hedgehog General Thread (Most Recent Game Release: Sonic Runners)

fFTv848.jpg

tfp is that you

Re: The Sonic the Hedgehog General Thread (Most Recent Game Release: Sonic Runners)

sonic the hedgehog twitter account will be the only twitter i care about

ALSO MS PAINT DRAWING LICENSE CONTEST = https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/609415112814927874

Hitting 100 million downloads cements Sonic Dash as the most popular Sonic game in the history of the blue hedgehog.
You know I'm not even a fan of Sonic, but a trash mobile game being the "most popular" game in a long running series is bullshit.

Hate you mobile gaming.

My favorite has to be that OUYA jab, lol. Lambasting the OUYA never gets old for me. :P

DragonFreak said:
Hitting 100 million downloads cements Sonic Dash as the most popular Sonic game in the history of the blue hedgehog.
You know I'm not even a fan of Sonic, but a trash mobile game being the "most popular" game in a long running series is bullshit.

Hate you mobile gaming.

eh who cares

the twitter account will soothe all sonic fans

Sonic25thanniversary.jpg

In the lower right corner of the booth is the first coming of Sega's promotion of the 25th year of the franchise. With many regular Sonic merchandise (As in not Sonic Boom related aside from the comic). No doubt this will make some people hyped even if with some caution.

Also Tails is on one of the decorative plates Tails Smash 4 DLC confirmed

Sega's facebook account just posted this under the title "How our japanese designers celebrate Sonic's Anniversary":

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/55C01BDE631224969548747419648_11dc1a33ae9.3.2.mp4?versionId=jK.1yUOMxJakHxUIUHBA.CZMS6fAHlvX

Re: The Sonic the Hedgehog General Thread (Most Recent Game Release: Sonic Dash 2)

I just want to say that if they make another Sonic TV show post Sonic Boom, they should base it off of the archie comics. Because I'm gonna be honest here...it's the best thing in the Sonic series...ever. Yes the games are fun and I love them but come on, they're pretty weak when it comes to story.

Re: The Sonic the Hedgehog General Thread (Most Recent Game Release: Sonic Dash 2)

supermariofan said:
I just want to say that if they make another Sonic TV show post Sonic Boom, they should base it off of the archie comics. Because I'm gonna be honest here...it's the best thing in the Sonic series...ever. Yes the games are fun and I love them but come on, they're pretty weak when it comes to story.

We technically had that once with Sonic SatAM (The settings, characters, and art style were almost identical at the time)

Unfortunately, it only lasted two seasons and ended on a cliffhanger.

Northern Verve said:
supermariofan said:

We technically had that once with Sonic SatAM (The settings, characters, and art style were almost identical at the time)

Unfortunately, it only lasted two seasons and ended on a cliffhanger.
realize that, I'm saying they should make another one like it.

supermariofan said:

Isn't the Sonic comics in some sort of purgatory thanks to Ken Penders?

Baby Luigi said:
supermariofan said:

Isn't the Sonic comics in some sort of purgatory thanks to Ken Penders?

They had to make pretty much a really big reboot starting with Issue 252 and onward. The Ken Penders incident meant they could no longer use alot of the characters and storylines that Ken Penders included in most comics from before Issue 252 and he unfortunately had a huge hand on things when he left (Example: The Character Lara-Su the Echidna is entirely Ken Penders property and therefore the comic can no longer use her).

I love the animation for this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhsj9J0BbqM

for some reason i feel like the guy whos managing sonic's twitter account has taken over their youtube account too now.

For those who don't own a Wii U. Sonic Lost World is coming to Steam in a few weeks.

It's a game many Sonic fans are divided on, but personally I think I like it enough to recommend it. I feel it's one of the more underrated Sonic games that although far from perfect, definitely has enjoyable moments. Especially the Act 1's in each world.

Plus with how huge the modding community is for Generations. I suppose there should also be mods for Lost World as well. Remade versions of Super Mario Galaxy levels might be a big thing since I can't deny that some Sonic Lost World levels are quite similar to the Galaxy levels where Mario hops from planet to planet.

It's a shame it won't have the free Zelda and Yoshi DLC levels though. (It'll probably have the NIGHTS one at least) But maybe people will just mod that in.

I have the 3DS version. I have a very distinct hatred for 4-1. I can't get past it.

I don't know how the Wii U version is, it seems better, but not by much. It's a good game and all, controls well and everything, no major bugs (unlike some other Wii U Sonic game...), but I never liked the Deadly Six as much as I probably should have
or that plot-twist at the end, seemed kind of rushed
but opinions are varying.

Are they going to explain how Eggman escaped? No? ... Okay.

Modders are probably going to mod some wacky shit into this though. I saw some things for Generations, I wonder what will happen here. I'm somewhat interested.

The 3DS version is pretty inferior to the Wii U version.

But eh, I don't really care for the story this time around. Sonic storylines have been reduced to more simple ones (Understandably so though) these days anyway so I feel like I can focus more on the Gameplay then the Story.

The Deadly Six is basically the Sonic universe's Koopa Kids only they betray Eggman instead of remain loyal once Eggman no longer has them under his control.

Lost World was a terrible game, hopefully people can mod it to be an actual good game.

Also, why Lost World of all games? I hope they put the 360/PS3 version Unleashed on Steam, it's a game I was always interested in trying, but I don't want to play the Wii version.

Here's my biggest question: How does Nintendo feel? Lost World was going to be Nintendo exclusive...

I don't think they'd be that upset. This probably means that for sure the Nintendo exclusive deal is over though. There were fears from some Xbox/Playstation Sonic fans that for one reason or another it was extended. (Cause we still have Mario & Sonic Olympics 5 and Sonic Boom Fire & Ice coming obviously only to Nintendo platforms)

Sonic Lost World wasn't exactly the best seller so if you're concerned that the Wii U lost an exclusive it wouldn't matter that much.

Besides it's not like this is a Ubisoft/Rayman situation where they promised it to be exclusive but upon seeing how the console wasn't selling well enough, it delayed the game to make it so a multi-platform release could be made.

Northern Verve said:
Besides it's not like this is a Ubisoft/Rayman situation where they promised it to be exclusive but upon seeing how the console wasn't selling well enough, it delayed the game to make it so a multi-platform release could be made.
Don't remind me :'(

And I don't think it was faltering Wii U sales. It was ZombiU's bad sales that drove Ubisoft to make a horrible marketing decision to delay a near-completed game for several months so it could compete with big names like GTA V rather than get released with no competition in February.

Northern Verve said:
Sonic Lost World wasn't exactly the best seller so if you're concerned that the Wii U lost an exclusive it wouldn't matter that much.
Nah, that wasn't my concern. Them losing one exclusive isn't that big of a deal.

Feeling down about Sonic lately? Allow this more positive outlook from The Great Clement to perhaps at least cheer you a little.

Back