I still say Mario Superstar Baseball is the best of all the Mario sports titles

Turret said:
I haven't played Sluggers, but I have Superstar Baseball and it was one of my favorite Mario sports games when I was younger, along with Mario Power Tennis and Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour.

Man, this thread makes me want to dust it off and play it again.

Well go dust it off then! Play those games! They still hold up!

Turret said:
I haven't played Sluggers, but I have Superstar Baseball and it was one of my favorite Mario sports games when I was younger, along with Mario Power Tennis and Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour.

Man, this thread makes me want to dust it off and play it again.

You should buy Super Sluggers, it's almost everything Superstar Baseball has but with more characters, stadiums, and overall content

Not to mention it's only $20 unlike the GODAWFUL $60 anything else will cost

You just gotta get used to the motion controls (I do hope those are made optional if another one is made)

Again, they ARE optional

Use Wiimote on the side. No motion controls there.

Ok, then controllers next time.

Mcmadness said:
Well go dust it off then! Play those games! They still hold up!

I should call over some buddies and do just that!

Baby Luigi said:
You should buy Super Sluggers, it's almost everything Superstar Baseball has but with more characters, stadiums, and overall content

While I buy Super Sluggers, I should also try and buy one of the Strikers games. I don't know how, but I missed picking up those when I was younger.

Yeah, you should really try Strikers. A whole lot of fun.

I miss those CGI openings for the sports games.

Mcmadness said:
I miss those CGI openings for the sports games.

I miss pre-rendered things in general

Yeah, but the sports games ones were really nice. The epicness of strikers, the humour of power tennis. Great stuff.

Still waiting for Mario American football. I mean I hate Madden games because they never tell newer players how to play you are just left to guess what to do and press random buttons. Mario could take the concept of Football, and make easy understandable controls that everyone can understand. I like playing football irl a little bit, but I hate Madden and want to experience something virtual I can actually play (and it gives an excuse to have Chargin' Chuck playable)

If that doesn't work, I know that people suggested Mario paintball for an FPS, but I have a better idea. What if they made a Mario Laser tag where the goal was like capture the flag? Maybe something like Star Wars Battlefront but better and with laser tag and with the charm of Mario characters.

Mcmadness said:
Yeah, but the sports games ones were really nice. The epicness of strikers, the humour of power tennis. Great stuff.

Ah man, the opening cutscene of Power Tennis and the blooper reel. Those were so great, I really want Nintendo to do something like that again.

I love how Bowser gives them both access to his super special training equipment to become amazing at tennis to show up the Mario bros, but instead at the last minute they decide to try and blow them up, which fails hilariously.

I like how the team Waluigi and Wario usurped also happen to be two of my least favorite characters in that game ( :yoshi: :dk:).

The blooper reels are golden, by the way. My favorite is when Mario hits Luigi allegedly on his nose even though it's his eye that's bruised. To borrow it from the Super Show mistake compilation, "Storyboard problem?"

Missingno. said:
Mario Power Tennis's opening was great. I always love seeing Wario and Waluigi make mischief.

it had the only times where i get to see baby mario and baby luigi in pre-rendered animation :>

No doubt thats nice for you :P

These were always some of my favorite Mario sports games along with tennis. I've played super star and super sluggers. They both have some cheap tricks though but the large rouster is fun and amusing (seriously, a goomba? Even with no arms...) I also didn't care the story mode in either so I just played regular matches all of the time. Still though I liked the fact that there was lots of strategy and differences between characters, even if some of the special moves, items, etc got cheap at times. I also liked the chemistry mechanic since it made you choose teams carefully.

Overall 9/10 as a series.

That works.

Add in more characters, a refined challenge mode, online gameplay and we got ourselves a quality sports title.

Mechayoshi said:
These were always some of my favorite Mario sports games along with tennis. I've played super star and super sluggers. They both have some cheap tricks though but the large rouster is fun and amusing (seriously, a goomba? Even with no arms...) I also didn't care the story mode in either so I just played regular matches all of the time. Still though I liked the fact that there was lots of strategy and differences between characters, even if some of the special moves, items, etc got cheap at times. I also liked the chemistry mechanic since it made you choose teams carefully.

Overall 9/10 as a series.

Your avatar is from a quality game i see

Mcmadness said:
That works.

Add in more characters, a refined challenge mode, online gameplay and we got ourselves a quality sports title.

Or better minigames

I always liked them

Back