I still say Mario Superstar Baseball is the best of all the Mario sports titles

Baby Luigi said:
It's ---ing impossible to score a home-run with Baby Luigi in Super Sluggers

maybe you should play with wario and give in to his awesomeness

Amusingly I always had the easiest time getting home runs with hammer bro

I used Mario's team (Mario, Luigi, Nokis, Piantas, Monty Mole) against Bowser Jr in Challenge Mode yesterday. I shit you not, 25-0.

President Madagascar said:
Baby Luigi said:

maybe you should play with wario and give in to his awesomeness
Wario always hits fly balls that get him out.

And he swings the bat really awkwardly. I actually have an easier time with Waluigi despite him being the crappier batter.

Mcmadness said:
Well he does suck at batting afterall.

The problem is that I can hit home-runs with him easily in Superstar Baseball

I simply can't in Super Sluggers

and I starred him in both games...

Because sluggers is weird.

Mcmadness said:
And he swings the bat really awkwardly. I actually have an easier time with Waluigi despite him being the crappier batter.
How do you even get home-runs with Waluigi with his "more charged, the less powerful" mechanic thing anyway?

Dumb luck on my part.

Baby Luigi said:

It's possible, when I was playing with my brother I got a home run with him. We both laughed pretty hard.

This animation is basically...yeah if you let anyone seriously playing Super Sluggers do this, then you admit you suck at the game

homerun_baby_luigi_by_babyluigionfire-d65v3gf.gif

Lol, 25-0, so typical of Wario's team. Then, you have this:

800px-Toadette_MSB_Homerun.png

Has anyone ever reached 99? I actually did that in one video.

Baby Luigi said:

Seriously? When I was trying to MVP everyone in Super Sluggers, I made them 1 inning games that way it would be over quick and I got a home-run with Baby Luigi. He became the MVP because of it

I remember back in Superstar Baseball I'd generally have Baby Luigi on my team (he has great fielding) and from time to time I'd imagine a scenario where its bottom of the 9th, scores tied, 2 outs and they have to rely on Baby Luigi with his poor batting skills to win the game.

Mcmadness said:
I remember back in Superstar Baseball I'd generally have Baby Luigi on my team (he has great fielding) and from time to time I'd imagine a scenario where its bottom of the 9th, scores tied, 2 outs and they have to rely on Baby Luigi with his poor batting skills to win the game.

Baby Luigi was like, the SOLE reason I couldn't score like 99-0 against a computer team in Super Sluggers

Man a corpse could bat better than him.

The fact he could barely lift the bat should have been a warning.

But Baby Mario appeared like he had even more problems lifting the bat than Baby Luigi

Baby Mario's like, dragging that thing in his idle animation.

Yeah but, its Mario.

Well at least he doesn't have like a 0/10 in batting

Really, it looks like that in Superstar Baseball. Baby Luigi has the distinction of being one of the few characters with a gray bar in his stats. I think the only guys who is as bad as Baby Luigi batting is Toadette and Green Paratroopa.

Bowser has two gray stats but he has two red ones as well

Well you can attribute that to him not being a team captain

can you hit yourself with a baseball bat?

if not this game is not worthy of our attention anymore.

President Madagascar said:
can you hit yourself with a baseball bat?

if not this game is not worthy of our attention anymore.
No, but you can use bananas, surfboards, or even flipping boxing gloves to bat.

I haven't played Sluggers, but I have Superstar Baseball and it was one of my favorite Mario sports games when I was younger, along with Mario Power Tennis and Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour.

Man, this thread makes me want to dust it off and play it again.

Back