I still say Mario Superstar Baseball is the best of all the Mario sports titles

Continue making anti-pirate stuff while encouraging the pirates to pirate.

I love it when it sounds like it contradicts.

One thing I did enjoy about Superstar baseball's challenge mode was the different dialogue you got depending on who you picked as a captain.

undisputedly Bowser's was best

And you know what else I enjoyed?

The character star titles

Like Baby Luigi was "Shy Kid", then "Spoiled Boy" and then "Little Angel" (the last one is just a generic "Star")

Yes those were nice.

I did love that feature.

I swear once I unlocked Bowser's team (which was not easy) I played through it many times just to get all the stars.

I have no clue why the removed that in Sluggers, it was something unique about a character

Sure it's easier to make characters become stars but I didn't like the cost of removing those hilarious titles

Plus they encouraged a bit of unorthodox play, helps you learn about aspects of the game you might not have tried previously due to the requirements for earning them.

Some of them were CRAZY though

Like Baby Mario's "Catch a booted ball" mission. Man I heard that one is ridiculously hard. Mainly because it's mostly luck.

Why did they give Baby Mario a mission where you need to make the ball slam on his face is beyond me...

Maybe somebody is a Baby Mario sadist?

Mcmadness said:
One thing I did enjoy about Superstar baseball's challenge mode was the different dialogue you got depending on who you picked as a captain.

I *bleep*ing hated Mario's "dialogue" and "responses". This is exactly the fun-killing, personality-sucking *bleep* Nintendo wants from my favorite character.

Mario Party X said:
Mcmadness said:

I *bleep*ing hated Mario's "dialogue" and "responses". This is exactly the fun-killing, personality-sucking *bleep* Nintendo wants from my favorite character.

They should give him a personality on the level of Wario. Not Wario's personality itself, but he's shown a lot more personality than Mario and if Nintendo showed Mario's personality on this extent then it would be interesting

Mario Party X said:

It's hilarious how Baby Luigi at least attempted to speak. Even though he's supposed to be, what, a shy character?

Even though I firmly believe Baby Luigi (and the other babies mind you) is fully capable of speak in a coherent language. I mean for god's sake, he's a toddler who can drive, play baseball (AND WIN) and say stuff like "Number not one." and "Thank you very much."

This just in, Babies more capable of speech than Mario, kingdom's future is in doubt.

Look guys, that's Shadow Mario's role to be the silent douche, okay?

At least Mario spoke in Fortunte Street instead of "..........." trite

He also spoke lots in Mario vs DK

Mcmadness said:
He also spoke lots in Mario vs DK
I wish it was like that in the other games.

I need a tally of how many times I want Mario to talk.

Mario Party X said:
I wish it was like that in the other games.

I need a tally of how many times I want Mario to talk.

5367 times

Sounds just about right!

But it probably won't match the conversations you and FawfulthegreatSixtyFour have. :P

#Burned!

Anyway, I much prefer Sluggers. It's so much easier to get a home-run. I can quite literally get a home-run with anyone unlike Superstar Baseball where it seems impossible for me to get a home-run with anyone not in the Power category

No, probably not.

Thats pretty sad really.

It's ---ing impossible to score a home-run with Baby Luigi in Super Sluggers

Well he does suck at batting afterall.

Back