What kind of personality would you give Mario?

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
Mario has generally been known to be a rather flat character, not having much beyond being really happy go lucky and enthusiastic about everything he does, which while not bad traits in of themselves they do feel a bit lacking compared to other characters.

So its simple really, what kind of developed personality would you give Mario, without completely overhauling him from the ground up into something radically different.

Id rather the games give him a personality according to the player, in other words able to choose marios actions, reactions, and so forth.

A generally happy, friendly and forgiving yet competitive dude who's strong sense of justice about helping those in need and fierce loyalty to his friends and family allow him to write off the casualties of his adventures with an "ends justify the means" point of view. He'd rather not have to fight, but that won't stop him from opposing evildoers and even enjoying himself while he's at it.

You know how in Paper Mario, the NPCs ask you questions and you can respond with totally rude/insane/stupid answers? I want that Mario.

Walkazo said:
A generally happy, friendly and forgiving yet competitive dude who's strong sense of justice about helping those in need and fierce loyalty to his friends and family allow him to write off the casualties of his adventures with an "ends justify the means" point of view. He'd rather not have to fight, but that won't stop him from opposing evildoers and even enjoying himself while he's at it.

Sounds like our current Mario. Not bad, though. I would have given him that, but not have said it that well.

He's a nice guy that everyone in Mushroom Land likes because he keeps the Koopas at bay. He's more impulsive compared to his brother and will often leap before he looks. Good thing he keeps those 1-Up Mushrooms.

The princess has feelings for him, but his only true love is saving the land (and food).

Tempted to write a long story about Mario, Luigi and Peach as the sole survivors on a post-apocalyptic Earth who are taken captive by Bowser, an evil galactic emperor who was responsible for the wipeout of all life on Earth except the aforementioned survivors.

But I'm too lazy to come up with any story past that.

Glowsquid said:
You know how in Paper Mario, the NPCs ask you questions and you can respond with totally rude/insane/stupid answers? I want that Mario.

yeah but you dont get to answer questions often though :(

1.Nice to good characters and even to the Koopa Troop if they are not a threat.

2. Adventurous, unlike Luigi gets ahead of himself, example Luigi's Mansion.

3.Likes food like pasta, pizza, and cake.

4. Can be feisty when necessary.

5. Doesn't like the wicked Wario or the bad Bowser and sometimes the dreadful Donkey Kong.

6. Obviously loves Peach, but not in the mushy way.

7. Get's along with his brother Luigi and they can disagree with eachother at some moments over either serious or petty reasons.

8. Treats Yoshi like his trusty steed and friend and can get frustrated if Yoshi gets too uncontrollable.

9. Can get competitive against Wario or Waluigi.

10. Likes to train Toads into heroes such as the blue toad and yellow toad.

11.Likes funky music

12. And picnics especially if there is spaghetti.

Most of this is a mixture of his different adapations including the cartoons and the comics.

Lumastar said:
Zae Eildus said:
Id rather the games give him a personality according to the player, in other words able to choose marios actions, reactions, and so forth.
That may be the first time I ever heard this on this forum.

the lack of bioware fans are the cause

A very normal person who is a hero. Socially interacts with friends and treats enemies in a good way.
or
A very normal person who is a villain. Betrays friends and always wins in a bad way.

I'd give him a cooler, edgier personality, not like Sonic, but something more along the lines of, maaaaaybe, Spyro. I don't know, just make him stop being the dullest and most boring character ever. His ridiculously childish and sometimes effeminate behavior gets on my nerves.

My personality: he's nice but he's arrogant and very proud of himself, especially how he's considered a celebrity and eats it all up. He puts others first regardless. He also has a short temper.

I always imagined Mario as a very quirky, somewhat cocky but very kind and caring individual who while he enjoys adventure, he'd like to avoid fighting if he could.

For example, I wrote this brief little bit based off sunshine.

Mario:''Hello Mr Piranha sir, the people and I would very much appreciate it if you stopped shooting icky goop down on the people below.''
Petey Piranha: ''ROAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!!!!!''
Mario: ''Ehhhhhh so is that a yes?''
*Petey shoots sludge at Mario that he dodges*
Mario: ''I guess not...*sigh* mama mia why do they always gotta do things the hard way?''

Cue boss fight.

A friendly guy, always nice to people. Except the evil ones. I'm not really the best at writing things like that, so sorry if you think what I said is dumb.

Walkazo said:

Basically that and make his love towards Peach more explicit.

Oh, boy, what do I have to say in this thread. Let's see...

He's proud of himself, and he loves attention. When other people are taking attention, he protests. He always wants to be a leader, and in a hypothetical instance like in Smash Bros., where anyone else is hailed as a hero for defeating Master Core, Mario is going to protest. He might come off as a brat, but I'd imagine he'd act like this due to a slight excess amount of time in the spotlight. Despite this, he is a nice guy. If someone asks him why he rescued him, he's going to reply, "It's part of my job, buddy, I can't leave anyone not rescued." He rescues even fellows like Waluigi if the situation calls for it. Mario never stops reminding his friends and Luigi how popular he is and he quite annoys people.

Mario is aggressive and brash, sometimes losing his common sense. He's not all brave, too, showing fear and a bit of hesitation, but going ahead and doing it anyway. One of Mario's flaws is that he's forgetful, he's stubborn, he can't focus at times, and he can be a tad hyperactive (so he probably wouldn't do well in school). Mario often makes snarky and sarcastic remarks.

Mario obviously wants some quiet time, though, and he loves spending time with his brother. His brother is his twin brother, and if the two are separated, even if it's simply splitting up, they will be supremely stressed out. The two frequently bicker, especially when it comes to maintaining the house, as Mario never makes his bed, has a messy room, hardly washes the dishes, and rarely vacuums. Mario, due to his popularity, is often out in adventure, leaving Luigi to do the chores anyway. Mario often teases Luigi, and he "justifies" this by being the "superior older brother" and Luigi is the baby brother, despite Luigi's constant reminders that they're twins and so Mario is only minutes older.

Mario is an extremely loyal friend. He's generally honest, but may sometimes lie to save his skin (but he's crap at lying). Considering what happened at Mario Party DS and Luigi's Mansion, he's quite gullible, especially if food is involved.

Luigi: You ate those cookies, didn't you?
Mario (holding the jar and slowly putting it behind his back): Umm, (wipes cookie crumbs off his face) no, I didn't? Oh, come on, a big guy's gotta eat.
Luigi: Last time I checked, you're not any taller than me.
Mario: I'm the bigger brother.

He likes Peach, even finds her pretty, but in the end, he rescues Peach because he's nice and expecting cake.

Mario's most hated enemy is Wario. Not Bowser. He dislikes and distrusts Bowser, but Wario is an enigmatic creep.

Whew, that's quite a few for Mario here.

lol, let me have a try with the Petey Piranha boss fight.

Mario:''Hey big fat giant Little Shop of Horrors ripoff, get ready to have a dose of dousing by the one-and-only MARIO!''
Petey Piranha: ''Goo? (what's a Mario?)''
Mario: ''What!? You don't even know who I am!? I'm MARIO! The most famous hero in the planet, and I'm gonna save all those innocent residents and princesses in this island from your disgusting vomit and just general presence. Gee, you gotta know who I am, but I guess you're just a dumb plant.''
Petey Piranha: "Goo! Gooo!! Rarrgh!" (I don't know who you are, but maybe some of my vomit will help shut your trap! Goo!)
Mario: ''I'd rather not know what's going on in your digestive system, but it's going to get sprayed off anyway. Let's fight!''

Mario Party X said:
Oh, boy, what do I have to say in this thread. Let's see...

He's proud of himself, and he loves attention. When other people are taking attention, he protests. He always wants to be a leader, and in a hypothetical instance like in Smash Bros., where anyone else is hailed as a hero for defeating Master Core, Mario is going to protest. He might come off as a brat, but I'd imagine he'd act like this due to a slight excess amount of time in the spotlight. Despite this, he is a nice guy. If someone asks him why he rescued him, he's going to reply, "It's part of my job, buddy, I can't leave anyone not rescued." He rescues even fellows like Waluigi if the situation calls for it. Mario never stops reminding his friends and Luigi how popular he is and he quite annoys people.

Mario is aggressive and brash, sometimes losing his common sense. He's not all brave, too, showing fear and a bit of hesitation, but going ahead and doing it anyway. One of Mario's flaws is that he's forgetful, he's stubborn, he can't focus at times, and he can be a tad hyperactive (so he probably wouldn't do well in school). Mario often makes snarky and sarcastic remarks.

Mario obviously wants some quiet time, though, and he loves spending time with his brother. His brother is his twin brother, and if the two are separated, even if it's simply splitting up, they will be supremely stressed out. The two frequently bicker, especially when it comes to maintaining the house, as Mario never makes his bed, has a messy room, hardly washes the dishes, and rarely vacuums. Mario, due to his popularity, is often out in adventure, leaving Luigi to do the chores anyway. Mario often teases Luigi, and he "justifies" this by being the "superior older brother" and Luigi is the baby brother, despite Luigi's constant reminders that they're twins and so Mario is only minutes older.

Mario is an extremely loyal friend. He's generally honest, but may sometimes lie to save his skin (but he's crap at lying). Considering what happened at Mario Party DS and Luigi's Mansion, he's quite gullible, especially if food is involved.

Luigi: You ate those cookies, didn't you?
Mario (holding the jar and slowly putting it behind his back): Umm, (wipes cookie crumbs off his face) no, I didn't? Oh, come on, a big guy's gotta eat.
Luigi: Last time I checked, you're not any taller than me.
Mario: I'm the bigger brother.

He likes Peach, even finds her pretty, but in the end, he rescues Peach because he's nice and expecting cake.

Mario's most hated enemy is Wario. Not Bowser. He dislikes and distrusts Bowser, but Wario is an enigmatic creep.

Whew, that's quite a few for Mario here.
Sounds like me.

Note that SOME USERS will not leave me alone, and keep yelling at me.

a dark brooding personality as a man with a difficult past after losing his wife loses his house, his job and his life to drugs

Petey Piranha: ''Goo? (what's a Mario?)''
Petey Piranha: "Goo! Gooo!! Rarrgh!" (I don't know who you are, but maybe some of my vomit will help shut your trap! Goo!)
That's some efficient language there. Clearly, Piranha Plants are giving the Yoshis a run for their money when it comes to getting the most mileage out of monolexical diction.

A plumber from Brooklyn eager to follow his father's footsteps in becoming a great plumber, never gives up and is always courageous

Back