Same sex marriage

Hoxton said:
you can believe whatever the hell you want to believe in, just don't insult other people's beliefs while you do so
So... now porpism is going to become a thing, isn't it.

Here is the main belief of this false religion:
Amphituber said:
So Porplemontage is God?

No, it's not.

Keep Mindless Junk in Mindless Junk, please. The next time you post something off-topic in this thread, I'm reporting you.

Megamario15 said:
Stanley the Troll said:
are you seriously bringing that into this thread
That's what the conversation turned to.
oh my god it really fucking didn't

the only person who's turning this conversation into that is you, and it doesn't help when you're forcing it into the conversation when we're trying to actually talk about adult shit in an adult thread

if you're incapable of doing such a thing then just get out of this thread, please

speaking of gay relations, why is it still considered taboo to depict gay couples in....well any media? shouldn't the road to exposure and tolerance be letting them be in more stories and telling children that it's ok for two guys to love each other?

No, it's still perfectly valid, and it will remain so until the subject has been deemed publicly acceptable.

It's nice that they're making a start, but there's still a long way to go, and we shouldn't succumb to the illusion that we're done if we're not.

Genji said:
Mario Party X said:
I admit, I'm strictly anti-religion and I do agree with some of what Richard Dawkins has to say (just not some other things like *cough*Elevatorgate*cough*mild pedophilia*cough*Islamophobic remarks)

There is nothing wrong with being a faithful christian if it isn't used as a platform for intolerance or means to directly or indirectly bring harm to others.
There is nothing wrong in being faithful, just as long as it improves your own sense of well-being and helps you avoid uncomfortable topics like death while focusing on helping the needy and your own life.

I don't want to forcibly eradicate religion, that's extremely foolish, especially when secularism is slowly growing. No, I'll let anyone do whatever they want to do as long as it doesn't infringe other people's rights. It's the fundamentalists and the religious dogma people cling to is what pisses me off and they do give sane religious people a bad image.

I understand your sentiment, since I have kind of a broken relationship to the christian faith myself.

But you need to realize that by calling the christian god a "precious sky daddy" and their holy scripture a "goddang fairy tale book", you invariably insult ALL christians, not just the hate-spewing, intolerant zealots.

Some realize that being christian is about following the example of Jesus Christ, not the often warped doctrine of the church. They don't deserve mockery.
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt people's feelings. I'm sometimes painfully honest but I don't want to be the type that intentionally hurts and antagonizes people's feelings either. I feel burnt though after seeing fundamentalists and other zealots say such hateful things and try to use their religion as an excuse to cut off gays. I would never say this in real life in front of friendly people, I don't know how I find it acceptable to spout off things like that.

Hoxton said:
i agree

you can believe whatever the hell you want to believe in, just don't insult other people's beliefs while you do so

i mean it actually hurt me when mario party x described my religion like that

it sounds stupid to be that hurt by mere comments, i know

but it just does that to me, it feels like a knife in the heart
I'm sorry, man, I didn't realize my words hurt so much. It's understandable that you'd be hurt at my painfully sour remarks, and I didn't realize how insensitive I am toward the religious type. Can you forgive me?

I was in a really sour mood, please don't take any of my remarks personally, I'm just trying to express frustration, but I don't intend to offend people.

Baby Luigi said:
speaking of gay relations, why is it still considered taboo to depict gay couples in....well any media? shouldn't the road to exposure and tolerance be letting them be in more stories and telling children that it's ok for two guys to love each other?
Not in all media, it's very common to have gay couples in British soaps, with at least one of them broadcasting before the watershed. Torchwood also had the main character be bisexual. I don't think it's really a taboo subject anymore, but it was up until recently so that's why it's not a massively common thing.

Mario Party X said:
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt people's feelings. I'm sometimes painfully honest but I don't want to be the type that intentionally hurts and antagonizes people's feelings either. I feel burnt though after seeing fundamentalists and other zealots say such hateful things and try to use their religion as an excuse to cut off gays. I would never say this in real life in front of friendly people, I don't know how I find it acceptable to spout off things like that.
Even as a Christian I hate seeing other Christians do that.

I saw once on the TV a guy who said:

"So you christians think that being homosexual is bad based on the bible. Then I tell you this. I want to sell my daughter into slavery, Exodus 21:7 says that I am allowed to do so. What would be a good price for her?"

Uncle Deadly said:
Baby Luigi said:
Not in all media, it's very common to have gay couples in British soaps, with at least one of them broadcasting before the watershed. Torchwood also had the main character be bisexual. I don't think it's really a taboo subject anymore, but it was up until recently so that's why it's not a massively common thing.
Well, you still can't really depict gay couple in media for younger audiences, right? Look what Nintendo did to Tomodachi Life and all those times of dodging the transgender issue.

Uncle Deadly said:
Mario Party X said:
Even as a Christian I hate seeing other Christians do that.
Yeah, I'm absolutely sure people will agree on you with that.

Mario Party X said:
Uncle Deadly said:
Baby Luigi said:
Well, you still can't really depict gay couple in media for younger audiences, right? Look what Nintendo did to Tomodachi Life and all those times of dodging the transgender issue.
Before watershed does mean that a younger child would be allowed to watch it. And although they are all theories, there are arguments that some children's TV shows, Teletubbies for example, have hidden gay characters. But I do see your point here, but I thought it was more Nintendo of America and part of Europe dodging the whole trans thing rather than Nintendo as a whole.

Uncle Deadly said:
Mario Party X said:
Uncle Deadly said:
Baby Luigi said:
Before watershed does mean that a younger child would be allowed to watch it. And although they are all theories, there are arguments that some children's TV shows, Teletubbies for example, have hidden gay characters. But I do see your point here, but I thought it was more Nintendo of America and part of Europe dodging the whole trans thing rather than Nintendo as a whole.
I don't know about gay relations, but the problem is that they aren't openly gay. I grew up as seeing love between a man and a woman, but perhaps educating children earlier about this subject like what we do with racism will help us be more accepting toward same-sex relations rather than be confused.

He talks about napping on Dreambert, so that could be him hinting.

Also, I thought the Tomodachi thing was because of a glitch in the original.

Megamario15 said:
Magikrazy said:
He talks about napping on Dreambert, so that could be him hinting.
Or, perhaps because he's part pillow...
Dreambert is a freaking pillow, let's be literal for once.

Megamario15 said:
If you watch Survivor, there was a gay couple last season.

People are easing into this thing slowly, so Baby Luigi, your point is outdated.
Yeah going to agree with Edo. I mean a few months (years?) ago Disney put a lesbian couple in their tv show (which is the only praise I can give Disney in any recent years), and that met huge backlash and criticism. Proof that society has so much to go with accepting this fully.

Clunk said:
Megamario15 said:
If you watch Survivor, there was a gay couple last season.

People are easing into this thing slowly, so Baby Luigi, your point is outdated.
Yeah going to agree with Edo. I mean a few months (years?) ago Disney put a lesbian couple in their tv show (which is the only praise I can give Disney in any recent years), and that met huge backlash and criticism. Proof that society has so much to go with accepting this fully.
I remember that actually
it was in "Good Luck Charlie" but I forgot exactly what episode it was

Back