Nintendo Direct Thread (Do NOT post here unless one is announced)

personally I would rather just keep this one pinned instead of having to go through the effort of finding a new thread/making one myself every direct but that's just me

Effort? come on now lol a new post would be on the front page of the forum. It's more effort to find where discussion on the last Direct ends and the new one begins.

Not to mention that the first post of a thread can contain the information about the Direct, links to the stream, etc. so it's easy to find instead of being hidden in one of over 50 pages.

someone still has to make a thread everytime tho
like idk maybe if someone actually makes one every time i'd be fine with it but given this forum's inconsistent amount of activity and how often users come and go it really doesnt make much sense (to me) not just keep this one as it is instead of relying on someone to actually make a thread for it on the spot every time

For me, I prefer finding all directs in one place (eventually, older directs will be buried among older pages in the forum and you have to sift through multiple topics instead of multiple posts), and if there's a new relevant being announced, I can just check the last post of this thread and it won't be too long until there is.

It's too much of a hassle for mods to lock topics continuously, and this is especially true for directs, which can be announced any time without much prediction, so it's counterproductive for the forum.

So, if people are going to ignore the giant bold thread title with clear instructions on what NOT to do, they really should be punished accordingly for not being respectful towards other community members.

as a mod i can confirm that simply having a general community consensus for not posting in this thread except at direct time is simpler on me than having to lock and unlock the thread every time when all of a sudden a direct is happening

sports story is the best announcement of the indie direct and im very excited and happy that its being made, and its also a good reminder that i still havent finished the first one yet
and on a similar note, axiom verge 2 is probably pretty cool, but it mostly served as a reminder that i own the first game but havent played it at all
...i have too many games that i havent played :/

Remake of the first Mystery Dungeon coming, has a cool artstyle

Expasion of Sword and Shield coming instead of third version, adds new and old Pokemon, content differ from which version you get

Man I liked Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red and Blue Rescue Team but imo I don't think a remake is necessary. Looks like they're reusing assets from Super (which were from Gates to Infinity) but at least the new art style looks nice? I was hoping for a new entry instead.

Everything else about the direct is about Sword and Shield, games I don't care about so, yeah, was here only for the first two minutes of it.

As for what I want to see tomorrow besides the new character, I want to see...

Breath of the Wild 2 teaser
Modern Warfare on Switch
A new Mario and Luigi title for Switch
Bravely Default 2
Devil May Cry 5 on Switch
Kingdom Hearts 3 on Switch w/Re:Mind as free DLC

you know its not an actual nintendo direct lol. its another "livestream" where sakurai shows off the character, its just that in this case the character is being revealed during the stream instead of beforehand. the announcement tweet itself makes that very clear, and also has absolutely no mention of a "Direct"

i've never heard of that website you posted but that article is some pretty shoddy 'journalism'. i would recommend checking the source in future, or better yet, just using a more reliable website for your gaming news needs

Same here, really.

Speaking of Twitter, thank god for this, some of the whining is bound to die down now.

Speaking of Twitter, thank god for this, some of the whining is bound to die down now.

are you sure people won't just whine that it's about a game they don't like instead though

slow news year huh

it's weird how slow the news year is considering 5 billion games are going to be released in march

Was really hoping either AC shared the direct time, or it waited until after a general direct which I feel is way more overdue now. Welp, another week ruled out :/

It is disappointing. The first general direct of the year is almost always full of news so while I am looking forward to this new AC, I was also hoping to hear about other stuff.

slow news year huh
ikr after the tepid e3 last year that just announced delays for 2020 or games set for 2020 you'd think they're planning on starting the decade with a ton of exciting new material

how many directs have I skipped, I lost track

I predict we're going to get new figure amino of Sable, Labelle, Hariet, Harvey, Toritimer, Pascal, Joan, Katrina, Redd, Blanica, Guliver, that new lizard/dragon? guy and Isabelle and Tom Nook in New outfits, I think there will be a a miibo section due to Harvey being in the game at all

Back