Mario Kart 9 Character Ideas

Cirdec said:
Falcon would be a good addition because F-Zero is dead.
Gamespot said:
"If we create a new type of controller interface, and we find a controller interface that's particularly suited for F-Zero, then maybe we'll do something with it in the future," Miyamoto said.

I'd be content with an HD remake of GX with online play.

I'd just like Nintendo to bring back all of the characters that were axed from Mario Kart Wii. I need my Funky Kong!

Mcmadness said:
I'd be content with an HD remake of GX with online play.
Or F-Zero: Mario Kart

RareMan7 said:
I'd just like Nintendo to bring back all of the characters that were axed from Mario Kart Wii. I need my Funky Kong!
I never actually unlocked him. I don't care though, as long as the fans have Mario

RareMan7 said:
They really need to bring back poor Petey Piranha and Paratroopa, too.

Wittgenstein said:
Petey, yes. Paratroopa, no unless it's Parakarry. Otherwise it's too similar to Koopa Troopa.

Why don't we just throw out Luigi for being too similar to Mario while your at it.

Wittgenstein said:

Please don't be difficult, you know what I mean. Luigi is an actual character.

And so what if he is? Back in SMK and MK64 Luigi had absolutely zero character to call his own.

Being labelled as a ''character'' means fuck all in MK.

Even power-ups like Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach?

Pretty much. Its all just here for visuals.

I find it hard to believe that Donkey Kong Jr. is the same ape as current Donkey Kong and the previous DK is Cranky Kong, for some reason.

This seems unrelated to the topic but I was thinking about where did DK Jr. went.

Magikrazy said:
Cranky is DK's grandfather, so DK couldn't be Donkey Kong Jr.

Unless you go by DK64 where Cranky calls him his son like I do.

Mcmadness said:
Being labelled as a ''character'' means *bleep* all in MK.

yeah I don't give a crud about being a character

I'd like to see Paratroopa return. I've never actually unlocked Petey but I'd like to see him return. As well as the Wii cuts. Rip King Boo, Bowser Jr., etc

I would love to see The Koopalings dropped in the next installment, but I would add Boom Boom and Pom Pom because thry've appeared most recently in the main games. I think Nabbit being playable in Mario Golf World Tour solidified him as "entering the fold" sort to speak, as well as Spike. I also want to see Pauline being used more. She has a 3D model, so its not like they have no way to design her. Just alter her for bikes and buggies. I think this game should have alts. Alternate characters will not appear as random AI in offline modes except for Paratroopa, DK Jr., and Gold Mario. Their counterparts will never be a part of the same race however, so like DK and DK Jr. will not appear in the same race, for example. Also, increase the amount of racers to either 15 or 16 for variety.

My ideal roster would be this
STARTER
Mario (Tanooki Mario alt.)
Luigi (Fire Luigi alt.)
Yoshi (with colors)
Peach (Cat Peach alt.)
Bowser
Donkey Kong (DK Jr. Alt.)
Wario
Toad (Captain Toad alt.)
Toadette
Waluigi
Birdo
Koopa Troopa (with colors and Paratroopa alt)
Daisy
Shy Guy (with colors)
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Bowser Jr.
Baby Peach
Boo
Diddy Kong

UNLOCKABLE
Boom Boom
Pom Pom
Baby Daisy
Baby Rosalina
Lakitu
Plessie
Spike
Honey Queen
Metal Mario (Gold Mario and Shadow Mario alt.)
Pink Gold Peach
Dry Bowser
Rosalina
Dixie Kong
Pauline
Nabbit
Petey Piranha
Dry Bones
E. Gadd
Kamek
Hammer Bro. (Fire/Boomerang/Ice alt.)

King Dedede

Since in my mind the next Mario Kart should be a Double Dash-styled game (as Mario Kart 8 should have been), this is my roster (although I've posted it many times already):

1 ) Mario & Luigi
2 ) Peach & Daisy
3 ) Yoshi & Birdo
4 ) Toad & Toadette
5 ) Toadsworth & E. Gadd
6 ) Baby Mario & Baby Luigi
7 ) Baby Peach & Baby Daisy
8 ) Koopa Troopa & Paratroopa
9 ) Shy Guy & Nabbit
10 ) Donkey Kong & Donkey Kong Jr.
11 ) Wario & Waluigi
12 ) Bowser & Bowser Jr.

Unlockable:

13 ) Rosalina & Luma
14 ) Diddy Kong & Dixie Kong
15 ) Hammer Bro. & Magikoopa
16 ) Boom Boom & Pom Pom
17 ) Petey Piranha & King Boo
18 ) Dry Bowser & Dry Bones

I was planning on adding Pianta & Noki and Honey Queen & Wiggler as two more unlockable teams, but I'm not sure about it...

I think every character that has a potential non-palette-swap alt should have that as their main alt. I'd also like more alts that were relevant to the story of the game they originated in. I find it sad that my most wanted alts are so unpopular (Mr. L, Dark Bowser, Shadow Peach) and that everyone wants power ups that already appear in 3D games and wouldn't really be anything special to see in this game instead.

Frog Luigi

Cirdec said:
No Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach?

Of course not. Worst additions EVER. If anything, I'd add them as alternate costumes (I don't care about the whole different weights bullshit; I don't believe in logic in Mario games).

If you don't believe in Mario logic, you should have no problem with six Marios in the roster and maybe four Peaches.

Though again, Pink Gold Peach was kinda dumb. Why does Peach get a metal counterpart before Luigi?

Back