Mario Kart 9 Character Ideas

Cirdec said:
Because a metal girl is better than another metal guy.
Sexist.

Anser said:
Cirdec said:
No Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach?

Of course not. Worst additions EVER. If anything, I'd add them as alternate costumes (I don't care about the whole different weights bull*bleep*; I don't believe in logic in Mario games).
Baby Rosalina is arguably worse. At least Metal Mario has some influence over the Mario series, not that fan OC twerp.

Lumastar said:
Magikrazy said:
Luigi is more important though.
Haha, no. I love the guy, but he's not second in terms of importance despite what others say.
Meh, I prefer Mario and Luigi together rather than Mario and Peach. Bleh.

Lumastar said:
It's not a matter of preference. It's a matter of importance to the series. Peach and Bowser are parts of the plot. Luigi is just player two in most cases.

I still like both of the Bros. more than Peach.
So you're using the Mario plot to determine things? I think Luigi is more important; his origins are simply player 2, but more recently, he has appeared more consistently than Peach or Bowser, and he's also given a playable role in Smash Bros. before Peach or Bowser, even though Peach and Bowser were initially planned. Luigi evolved beyond player 2.

Mario Party X said:
Lumastar said:
It's not a matter of preference. It's a matter of importance to the series. Peach and Bowser are parts of the plot. Luigi is just player two in most cases.

I still like both of the Bros. more than Peach.
So you're using the Mario plot to determine things? I think Luigi is more important; his origins are simply player 2, but more recently, he has appeared more consistently than Peach or Bowser, and he's also given a playable role in Smash Bros. before Peach or Bowser, even though Peach and Bowser were initially planned. Luigi evolved beyond player 2.
Yes, Luigi has evolved beyond player 2 in terms of character. However, in terms of his role in the main series (which you seem to understand effects the spin-offs the most), he is either player 2 or an extra character to Mario. Peach and Bowser, on the other hand, are usually relevant to the plot, and even when they're not other characters fill in to serve practically the same purpose.

And the reason Luigi got into Smash Bros. over Peach and Bowser is because he was an easy character to create compared to them. He was practically a clone back then.

Well, Peach is usually a plot device while Luigi appears prominently in the boxarts of the Mario games. And as I said, the role in the Mario plots isn't a good point to establish due to the extremely simplistic plots. You have to look for other things.

Luigi was a clone back then, but he's still a playable character nevertheless. I feel like he's way more iconic than Peach or Bowser, and it's not a decision where they had to include either Luigi or Peach and Bowser.

Oh yeah, just saw that.

Peach wasn't confirmed to be planned, though. Only Bowser, Mewtwo, and King Dedede are known for sure.

Back