Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Metroid Prime Pinball

• Metroid Prime Hunters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The Official "Metroid" Thread

While I'm not hugely into the Metroid series. I had a dream last night where Nintendo announced a new Metroid game that's centered entirely on Ridley. Perhaps Ridley being the main playable character of the game. And thought that would be a neat concept.

Though what would you guys think how that would work if it ever came into a reality? It's probably be trouble making it work story-wise. As of course I doubt Nintendo would make a game where you're a full-fledged terrifying villain the whole way through downright to Ridley winning in the end. But regardless, if a new Metroid game had Ridley as the main character or at the very least a game with a Playable Ridley in some parts of the game. How would you guys think it would work?

They need a Metroid Babies.

Baby Samus
Baby Adam
Baby Anthony
Baby Ridley (he could be the bully)
Granny Chozo

Northern Verve said:
While I'm not hugely into the Metroid series. I had a dream last night where Nintendo announced a new Metroid game that's centered entirely on Ridley. Perhaps Ridley being the main playable character of the game. And thought that would be a neat concept.

Though what would you guys think how that would work if it ever came into a reality? It's probably be trouble making it work story-wise. As of course I doubt Nintendo would make a game where you're a full-fledged terrifying villain the whole way through downright to Ridley winning in the end. But regardless, if a new Metroid game had Ridley as the main character or at the very least a game with a Playable Ridley in some parts of the game. How would you guys think it would work?
A new Ridley-centric Metroid game for the Wii U that gives us control of the dragon general himself, provides insight on Ridley's almost nonexistent backstory, and actually makes good use of the Gamepad? If this was made by Retro, it would be a 100% day one purchase for me.

While I've already stated my favorite 2D game, I'll try to elaborate more and rank each of them.

Number 5
Metroid 2: Return of Samus- What are you surprised? well you shouldn't be. I first played this on VC, meaning no game manual, which means no general map. The original Metroid has no in game map system either, but I'm fortunate to have the manual that states just where Brinstar, Norfair, Tourian, etc. are organnized on the map. I don't hate this game though. I think that it introduced some nice staples for the series. It introduced the Spider ball, which allows you to climb up walls and things. And let's not forget the most important aspect, this is the first game to have a save feature. Even though it has it's flaws and it's easy to get lost, I'll still play it occasionally.

Number 4
Metroid 1- As said before, I'm fortunate to have the manual for my NES copy. This was the first Metroid game I played through, and the first one I've beaten. I beat it before playing any other 2D Metroid. Despite this, I don't really remember having the same sense of accomplishment as with other Metroid games. There still isn't a specific map, and trying to find stuff feels random, like having to literally shoot through various walls with no clue what could be right. Almost as tedious as the holy water in Simon's Quest. However, I learned to get things early on like the Varia Suit without the glitch and without the High-Jump, the original is not the 2D game I'd recommend to someone, but it's not awful by any means.

Number 3
Metroid Zero Mission- While this is a great remake, I just think some things were kind of bland. I played all the other 2D games before this, but I didn't like that you had to earn the long beam, as this is a remake and that was the lamest thing ever, and how you needed a power-up to climb walls. But the post-game with Zero Suit Samus was interesting, making me feel the need to be incredibly stealthy. Also there were more bosses than in the original. Not my favorite, but still good.

Number 2
Metroid Fusion/Metroid 4- This game is amazing. The atmosphere is intense, the SA-X made tension, and the story was good for a 2D Metroid game. However, there are a lot of cheap bosses, and enemies seem to deal too much damage, even if they are bosses. All in all, it's a great GBA game and my favorite of any Metroid handheld.

Number 1
Super Metroid/Metroid 3- Obvious if you read the OP, this game throws a huge nostalgia bomb right in my face. This is not only my favorite Metroid game, but my favorite SNES game and up there with one of my favorite games of all time. This game is the first game that really stuck, the one I could pick up and play any day. The first time I perfected sequence breaking techniques. I could go on with how much I love this game, but I think I've made my point.

As for today's question, best Prime game? And Prime trilogy is cheating. The poll isn't working so no poll

The Trilogy version of Prime.

The Meta Knight Before Christmas said:
As for today's question, best Prime game? And Prime trilogy is cheating. The poll isn't working so no poll
Because you timed the poll, and I don't know if you can reset it and open the thing again after the time elapses.

And I have no opinion on the Prime games.

Hata no Kokoro said:
prime 2 > prime 1 >> prime 3

agreed entirely

only bad thing about prime 2 was boost ball guardian

As sad as it is, I've only gotten a chance to play Prime 1. Hopefully I'll be able to play the others some day.

Today's question, favorite beam? I'd have to say Ice, Plasma, or Phazon/Hyper beam

Maki Nishikino said:
I'm fond of the Wave Beam.

I also like the Annihilator Beam and Nova Beam.

whats that optional beam you can get in super metroid that shoots like 3 lines or whatever?

I like that one, very useful beam.

Umi Sonoda said:
whats that optional beam you can get in super metroid that shoots like 3 lines or whatever?

The Spazer Beam. Even though the Plasma beam shoots 2, that's like the end of the game so I would agree with you.

I'm biased towards the Ice Beam, though to be honest I can barely remember the others from how long it's been.

Umi Sonoda said:

The Spazer Beam. Even though the Plasma beam shoots 2, that's like the end of the game so I would agree with you.

ah yes

i also remember super metroid having like, so many unique things to that game not found in other games

like the charged power bomb beam combo

also this crystal thing you can do but i forgot how to do it

Umi Sonoda said:
Umi Sonoda said:

ah yes

i also remember super metroid having like, so many unique things to that game not found in other games

like the charged power bomb beam combo

also this crystal thing you can do but i forgot how to do it

I believe it's the Crystal Flash.
Samus must have 50 or less energy, nothing in her reserves, and at least 10 Missiles, 10 Super Missiles, and 11 Power Bombs.

Samus must morph into a ball.

Holding down + aim up button + aim down button (default L and R) + fire button will initiate the Crystal Flash. This will result in Samus rising into the air in a ball of light, suitless, while her energy tanks rapidly refill

Today's question, favorite Ridley and/or Meta Ridley design? I'd have to say either Super Metroid's Ridley, and Prime's Meta Ridley

Man, I absolutely love the Metroid series. I have a huge thing for dark sci-fi. Awesome visuals, cool enemy and creature designs, unique main character. I love it. My favorite Metroid game is Super Metroid tied with Metroid Prime. Other M's gameplay was good in my opinion, but the story and characters were bad...especially Samus.

To answer the above question, I agree Prime's Meta Ridley looked pretty awesome. Robotic alien dragon thing. Hell yeah.

For a future Metroid game, I would love a more open world system where you could travel to the different planets and revisit them, kind of like in Mass Effect. More emphasis on exploring would be great. The world of Metroid was always so cool-looking to me.

^So expand upon what they did in Corruption?

Answering the question, Zero Mission Ridley

Well I just got Metroid Prime trilogy, so I'll be able to play Prime 2 and 3 shortly.

Today's question,what is the most annoying boss? I'd have to say Kraid in the original Metroid.

Well I just got Metroid Prime trilogy, so I'll be able to play Prime 2 and 3 shortly.

Today's question,what is the most annoying boss? I'd have to say Kraid in the original Metroid.

boost ball guardian makes nes kraid look like a joke

Back