• Metroid Prime Pinball

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Metroid Prime Hunters

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rohan Kishibe said:
Luigi 64DD said:
This is so ironic cuz just a few days ago I was wondering if the Metroid series was dying but nope, it is definitely not dead.
F-Zero is now the official dead series
That or mother

I never played a single Metroid game before, but I think I'll get Metroid: Samus Returns. If I like it well, Prime 4 will be mine.

I'll take this moment to plug that if you want to catch up on the Prime series before Prime 4 comes out, Prime Trilogy is on the Wii U virtual console for like $20.

Ridley said:
I'll take this moment to plug that if you want to catch up on the Prime series before Prime 4 comes out, Prime Trilogy is on the Wii U virtual console for like $20.
i still havent touched mine since buying it like a year ago i should really do that

Bubsy said:
Rohan Kishibe said:
Luigi 64DD said:
This is so ironic cuz just a few days ago I was wondering if the Metroid series was dying but nope, it is definitely not dead.
F-Zero is now the official dead series
That or mother
Mother isn't actually dead since the creator decided that it should end after 3 games. (which i guess i can respect that but come on itoi)

It's just not fully accessible.
Ridley said:
Yeah I need to get that.

And a Wii U.

Princess Zelda said:
I love that design of the Metroid amiibo

Also, very important news:

Prime 4 is not developed by Retro.

oh

okay

felt good being hyped about this

*packs his bag and moves back over to sony*

No special edition for Samus Returns coming to Australia, unfortunately. Guess the only way to get it now is by importing the EU version.

Looking forward to return of samus and to see how it compares to am2r.

Prime 4 im not sure we only got that little teaser, so i think im gonna wait to see more before making any kind of judgement.

Metroid prime is one of my favorite games of all time. I have so many memories of this game that i could go on and on about. The story, told through logs, is incredible. The graphics, for the time, were amazing. The music is some of the best in video game history, and I love it so much. The atmosphere, is great. Samus is rightfully isolated from anyone in this planet, it's up to her to save it. The boss fights in this game are great. My favorite is the first form of metroid prime. It makes you use all the skills, weapons and evasive knowledge you've gained over the years to defeat the boss. The weapons in this game are fantastic as well. The wave beam, and its counterpart, the wavebuster, are amazing. It doesn't perform like it did in the 2D games, but it's still an amazing weapon. Ice beam is great but its counterpart is situational at best. The plasma beam is the same as the ice beam. This game is so much fun and i love it so very much.

Metroid prime 2 is a pretty good game. A darker tone from Prime 1, it has more flaws(and makes you backtrack more than the other game) but is still fun. The boss fights are plentiful, and on par with P1. It feels kinda zeldaish with the way you find keys and upgrades before entering temples and defeating a main boss, while having smaller bosses(mostly to gain new upgrades) was a great edition to the gameplay. One of my favorite things about this game is the backstory with the creatures inhabiting the planet, fighting the ING. They're so badass and willing to die for what they believe in and it's an inspiring concept that really makes you want to go into battle and fight to defeat our common enemy. The weapons are not that great here(light and dark, along with annihilator) and the use of ammo to shoot these weapons is an admit tingly bad feature.

Metroid prime 3 is the worst in the trilogy. First, LET ME LOCK ON TO ENEMY TARGETS! Second, it's too lineal. Third, samus is not isolated from people, as she's with other hunters and receives commands from Galactic federation, which I don't like story wise. Haven't fully played this game, however...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoMEu5_XVQ0

guys there's new metroid in 2 weeks

hold me

I have Samus Returns

Currently in the Chozo Ruins (specifically, the ghost area) of Metroid Prime 1

I love this game but i'm sure I'll love Samus Returns as well when I finish the prime trilogy :samus:

ALSO THE BABY AMIIBO IS SO AMAZING

Well I wasn't able to get the Legacy Edition (honestly, would've been completely fine if we even got the North American version), but at least I got these.

9E7Azhv.jpg

Miu Iruma said:
i have samus returns

i'm currently on the surface of SR388

i already love this game
having made it to Area 5 in two days this statement has not changed

this game is pure 2D metroid goodness and it's what we both wanted and needed

also, NEW BOSSES HYPE

even if it's just the Giant Digger Machine, getting any new boss is Good Shit

Got the game today and am midway through Area 3 2. You should get this game. It's really good.

Edit: I lied, it's actually Area 2

I picked up my copy with the cd and if anyone wants to know whats on it here's a track list:

ZkXXZG5.jpg

Kaede Akamatsu said:
I picked up my copy with the cd and if anyone wants to know whats on it here's a track list:

ZkXXZG5.jpg

the burning lava fish

best theme in the series

so can someone please explain the difference between this and metroid 2 because im still confused

metroid 2 was a gameboy game
samus returns is a remake of metroid 2 with some extra stuff added in. which is not to be confused with AM2R which is a fanmade remake of metroid 2 with some extra stuff added in (?)
i havent played any of them yet but i think that's the gist of it? someone correct me if im wrong

Back