For everything Bowser

Magikrazy said:
King Antasma said:
Mcmadness said:
King Antasma said:
Mcmadness said:
So, what would you say was Bowser's best role in a specific game to date?
Bowser's Inside Story, no contest. However he was pretty cool in Dream Team too, I just disliked the treatment of Antasma.

What would you have done?
Had a possessed "Antowser" as the final boss, that way both villains get some love in the final battle.
see they already did that though with bowletta and dark bowser
See, it's a tradition (although Dark Bowser is a copy rather than actually Bowser)

King Antasma said:
Mcmadness said:
King Antasma said:
Mcmadness said:
So, what would you say was Bowser's best role in a specific game to date?
Bowser's Inside Story, no contest. However he was pretty cool in Dream Team too, I just disliked the treatment of Antasma.

What would you have done?
Had a possessed "Antowser" as the final boss, that way both villains get some love in the final battle. The way both Fawful and the Dark Star/Dark Bowser were involved in the final boss of BIS. It would've been also a throwback to Superstar Saga and Partners in Time, they could have even kept Bowser's general personality but with some Antasma thrown in too, the way it was in their first battle. Of course with the Dream Stone's power mixed in as well.

Eh, the Bowser combined with the villain thing was getting kinda old by M&L standards. I know a powered up Bowser is nothing new but at least it was unpredictable in its execution.

? Block said:
Yasuke Matsuda said:
Anything that's not the time travel in the Yoshi's Island series, the introduction of time travel correlated with the decline in series quality anyway

to be fair, yoshi's island ds and yoshi's new island were made by a bunch of talent-less hacks in the first place

correlation =/= causation btw

Time travel was only really relevant in YNI in the last ten minutes, though very dumbly executed.

was there any real explanation for bowser being in the past in yoshi's island ds anyway other than "ZOMG ADULT BOWSER IS THERE!?"

? Block said:
was there any real explanation for bowser being in the past in yoshi's island ds anyway other than "ZOMG ADULT BOWSER IS THERE!?"

Some shit about star babies and using their power to conquer the universe.

wait it is said that the stars were in the hearts of babies and they were wanting to "steal it from them"

....this is more disgusting than i previously thought

Very specific babies, mainly Baby Mario, Luigi, Peach, DK, Wario, Bowser and yoshi

So yes, Bowser captures himself.

...that's stupid bullcrap

i think it would be better to leave bowser in his own time period because there is way too much ---ing plot holes

King Antasma said:
I never played that game, but wouldn't Bowser's plan result in him ceasing to exist if he targets himself as a child?

well, this is overthinking things

which is another reason this bowser plot doesn't work for me in this game. i have no idea why the --- he would capture himself

at least partners in time had a million less plot holes than this crap

King Antasma said:
I never played that game, but wouldn't Bowser's plan result in him ceasing to exist if he targets himself as a child?
No because that would result in a paradox.

His plan must fail, and it does.

Well he's not trying to kill them, just remove the star macguffins inside them.

That said its still stupid. Even Baby Bowser calls the whole affair idiotic. Hell his dialogue is the only good thing about the game's plot since its an extension of his personality from PiT.

Mcmadness said:
Well he's not trying to kill them, just remove the star macguffins inside them.

that's still looks like brutal torture to me

Mcmadness said:
Even Baby Bowser calls the whole affair idiotic.

oh no, even the game developers realize it was a stupid idea

look, calling this "idiotic" doesn't make the problem go away

I'm not denying its stupid, the whole thing is just really dumb.

I mean fuck if you are going to delve in the bros past, why not actually delve into their past? Show us their earliest adventures, how they meet peach, Bowser's earliest evil plan, plenty of potential scenarios to play with.

Mcmadness said:
why not actually delve into their past?

"because we don't need it" -nintendo

Hell I could write up a simple scenario right now.

Baby Bowser has a plan that if he steals the super happy tree and it hears Peach crying it will produce evil fruit that when eaten enhance the evilness of the person who eats it, thus the baby bros now old enough to go out on their own work together (since they aren't quite good enough to go solo) to save her and the world from evil fruit.

Is it amazing? Fuck no but its something.

GalacticPetey said:
Wait, why can't Bowser steal the star stuff in the present day? Does it only exist as a baby?

Never explained, thus leading to further stupidity of the plot.

http://youtu.be/qM0rehHx3b0?t=1h1m56s

Pretty much.

GalacticPetey said:
Wait, why can't Bowser steal the star stuff in the present day? Does it only exist as a baby?

probably because babies are helpless

? Block said:
GalacticPetey said:

probably because babies are helpless

Except for the very specific star babies amusingly.

Back