For everything Bowser

There should be a poll here: Creepy Bowser's Laugh from Hotel Mario vs. Bowser's Laugh from Super Mario 64.

Frollo said:
There should be a poll here: Creepy Bowser's Laugh from Hotel Mario vs. Bowser's Laugh from Super Mario 64.

I choose option 3, Kenny James.

DreamyBowserMLDT.gif

It seems like in some form Bowser is always the final boss in the M&L series. In Superstar Saga the final boss was inside of his body, In PiT he was possessed by Elder Princess Shroob, In BiS it was a dark version of him, and in DT it was literally him.

I think a better way of saying it is Bowser is always involved with the finale in someway. Its also true for the PM series, main villain of 2, party member in another, and penultimate boss in TTYD.

Nysic said:
I don't remember fighting Bowser at all in TTYD...

Once in the glitz pit, and again later right after beating Grodus.

BowserSPP.png

Contrary to what people may be led to believe, I don't mind Bowser. I enjoy playing as him in Mario Kart, Smash (he's my main in Sm4sh) and the RPGs where he is playable. I bet he'll be really fun to play with in Mario Party 10 too. But I prefer him when he is an anti-hero or side villain, when there's a villain to be had (the platformers and RPGs).

I liked his main villain roles in the Galaxy games, Paper Mario (64) and Dream Team, but I prefer when there's a different final boss, just because it seems like Bowser is always the final boss nowadays. He's getting a bit stale as a boss (cool fights in 3D World though), but I still like him in the spinoffs. Like Yoshi, I think he's also a tad overrated.

One thing regarding Bowser that I've always wanted to see is his playability in a mainline Mario platformer. It may be hard to implement but I'm sure Nintendo could think of a way to implement it.

reminds me of the paper bowser fangame series

which plays just like the bowser platform segments in ttyd

I'd rather Bowser just get his own game that plays around his strengths.

Bowser's Inside Story kinda did that, it had a larger world suited for Bowser, true Mario and Luigi also starred in it, but it did a great job of making Bowser gamplay fun.

I more mean something along the lines of Luigi's mansion where Bowser is the solo star.

So, what would you say was Bowser's best role in a specific game to date?

TetrisNESBowserSprite.png

Yasuke Matsuda said:
I'm replaying BIS again and I enjoy the Bowser parts the most, it's a departure from the standard gameplay of Mario and Luigi games which have the same mechanics for Mario and Luigi with a few tweaks every time.

It's only like, two games

Baby Mario and Baby Luigi tweaked it up quite a bit actually

Honestly, the game probably should have just stayed in the past and not involve the confusing time travel.

Mcmadness said:
Bowser's Inside Story, no contest. However he was pretty cool in Dream Team too, I just disliked the treatment of Antasma.

King Antasma said:
Mcmadness said:
Bowser's Inside Story, no contest. However he was pretty cool in Dream Team too, I just disliked the treatment of Antasma.

What would you have done?

Mcmadness said:
Honestly, the game probably should have just stayed in the past and not involve the confusing time travel.

i don't really care tbh. as long as you don't overthink it, you'll be fine

If nothing else having the 4 bros fight 2 Bowsers was definitely a highlight.

Mcmadness said:
King Antasma said:
Mcmadness said:

Had a possessed "Antowser" as the final boss, that way both villains get some love in the final battle. The way both Fawful and the Dark Star/Dark Bowser were involved in the final boss of BIS. It would've been also a throwback to Superstar Saga and Partners in Time, they could have even kept Bowser's general personality but with some Antasma thrown in too, the way it was in their first battle. Of course with the Dream Stone's power mixed in as well.

King Antasma said:
Mcmadness said:
King Antasma said:
Mcmadness said:

Had a possessed "Antowser" as the final boss, that way both villains get some love in the final battle.
see they already did that though with bowletta and dark bowser

Yasuke Matsuda said:
Anything that's not the time travel in the Yoshi's Island series, the introduction of time travel correlated with the decline in series quality anyway

to be fair, yoshi's island ds and yoshi's new island were made by a bunch of talent-less hacks in the first place

correlation =/= causation btw

Back