The Official Music Thread

Alright well apparently his death is unconfirmed at the moment. However, he has been taken off life support, so we will just have to wait and see.

Edit: Now his death has been confirmed. Once again, rest in peace. Hope George and Roy are jamming with him right now.

so fellas. i know weve got a month left of music but whats your pick for album of 2017?

my picks would be between "hndrx" by future and "damn" by kendrick

and song of the year:

BRUNO IM HAPPY FOR YOU

AND IMMA LET YOU FINISH

BUT KENNY LAM LAM DESERVED ALBUM OF THE YEAR

I payed no attention to the Grammys as they were airing and then watched the Patti Lupone performance on YouTube today. That was really good. I heard the rest of the show wasn't anything special though. Congrats to Lin on winning another Grammy though. Here's hoping he gets an Oscar soon for his EGOT. Why not give him a Golden Globe too.

Bump I guess, but I'll make a shot in the dark: any metal fans in the forum?

This is the only full blown rap song I listen to.

so keiko announced that she left kalafina a few days ago and i'm sad because she was my favorite and she sang all the low alto notes (low alto notes are the best alto notes)

i'm hoping she goes on to do some solo work, but who knows what'll happen, it's ultimately her choice.

King David said:
This is the only full blown rap song I listen to.
I remember this one. My exposure to Will Smith was Miami, Will 2'K, and Freakin' It.

I like the smooth, chill stuff like Regulate by Warren G and You Know How We Do It by Ice Cube. I like to listen to more of that kind of rap. They call it G-funk I believe? I also like Nujabes. Most of my exposure to rap is probably from the car radio from GTA V.

This is a classic Rock and Roll song.
I had only heard of that song on Forensic Files. It is a excellent song.

I listened to the following song and I loved it, George Jones had made this excellent song.

albeit underwhelming, ye is a decent album

but was not worth the controversy, and who the f gave kanye the okay to make an album in literally, no exaggeration two weeks

anyways i urge everyone to listen to this

This thread hasn't been active for a couple months

BUT
I
DON'T
CARE.

Beatles, Monkees, (a little) Pink Floyd, Eagles, anything from the sixties - eighties, any soundtrack from Star Trek, LotR, John Williams, etc.

Modern music should go down, down, down into a burning ring of fire, as should most rap.

Moldomré said:
Modern music should go down, down, down into a burning ring of fire, as should most rap.
Modern music is all right and is doing fine.

Yeah, you shouldn't generalize modern music like that. There's still plenty of great stuff being made today, just don't expect it to be like Top 10 chart stuff, in which that I can agree with you are tracks I don't really like.

Oh also, don't diss rap either.

Rap is dope.

I think in general, would prefer classic rap and g-funk like from the 90's than today, though i'd imagine there would be good songs here and there too, you just have to look harder than the top 10 (which can be difficult)

I've found some stuff I like in Top 10 at one point. For instance, I found Caméléon by Maître Gims that way and I liked the music.

I'm not sure if anybody here likes the roots of country music. Here's a song by Hank Williams that comes from 1949.

I recently came across this song and it made me laugh profusely. It's from Spongebob Squarepants, so perhaps it might not suit your tastes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csy_KD1m_Ww

Thank you for reading.

just found this new Kanye West and Kid Cudi album from last june about a week or two ago, and its probably the greatest either of them has been in a while

my favorite track from it is probably 4th Dimension feat. Louis Prima

I have just discovered one of George Jones' early hits and I dig what is laid down. It is Why Baby Why.

Back