Look at it! Look at it! LOOK AT IT!

Oh please. Until Odyssey, it was the best.

It had story. It had class. It had Pennington.

An average by the numbers storyline. Not even sure what you mean by class.

Pennington is ok.

That's not saying all that much. When the average is barely any plot to speak of that doesn't suddenly make it a good noteworthy plot.

Eh, OG Paper Mario>>>>TTYD

I prefer Star Spirits over Crystal Stars and Bowser has a better leitmotif, but other than that I prefer TTYD any day. Besides, the original has friggin' Dry Dry Desert and shrill Shy Guy crowds. And lacks Superguarding, ie the only effective way of dealing with Fuzzies.

Doc von Schmeltwick said:
It was a very daring story by their usual standards.

What other Mario game would dare to have Mafia dealings in it? What other Mario game would dare to casually show a freakin' gang war ambush within 20 seconds of reaching the main hub?
What other Mario game has tone-deaf Bowser stealing music keys, causing everyone to dance uncontrollably and have Waluigi conquer the world, and also Mario and Luigi have to dance to cross a river?

I have no idea of why they put :waluigi: as an antagonist in a *bleep*ing Dancing Mario game, but that sounds hilarious and now I want to buy the game just because of that.

Friend of mine that jokingly says Waluigi and Stanley are the same uses that as "proof," since Stanley dances when he beats a round.

(If I ever make a fan game, I'd totally put in an Easter Egg involving Waluigi dancing to "Can't Hurry Love," because why not? I'm so evil.)

Let's get back on topic, shall we? This is turning into "Unpopular Opinions on the Mario Series"
Have a pig with a Warp Pipe for a mouth.

Bomb_bomb.png

I'm getting bizarre vibes of theodd1sout from that Toad up in the top right.

Five Characters: White Overalls Mario, Derpy Luigi, Red lines Toad, Blacken Berry and Green Mario!

I don't think there's anything fantastic from the Supper Mario Broth post. What are they going to to with Mario's arm, show bits of his shoulder or completely cut that part off and you can even see the ripped flesh at the base of the arm?

Valuable artifacts like a hairpin, an apple, and some paintbrush by a master sculptor who probably has tons of more brushes like every sane artist should.

Back