Look at it! Look at it! LOOK AT IT!

Because of the cursed Yoshi-Mario swap... I see no reason not to plague your screens with this horror that assaulted mine eyes on Tuesday.

DwZ6wmjW0AMtnb1.jpg

I feel like that's less horrifying and more a statement of facts.

It's more of an issue with the photo shop job. The hair looks way too small on them. Otherwise, I don't really see the problem? It looks like they had some hair styling.

Wario seems unconcerned with Male Wii Fit Trainer's condition.

Because I don't really see a huge problem with this? Sure, the color palette is off, but I'd be forgiving on this one because of the limited space they had to work off from.

Not a huge fan either, but SMB3 Mario and SMB Mario are much uglier

SMB3 has amazing sprites if you ask me. In fact, I only think SMB's sprites could be better.

Idk SMB3 sprites just look really good. And for some reason I prefer the 8-bit variant of those sprites.

the smw sprite is probably one of my favorites but people have different opinions! its fine
now that we discuss awful sprites apparently;
Mario_from_Mario_Teaches_Typing_for_MS-DOS.png
HMMarioSprite.png

and of course oyu cant forget the sprites from the arcade game ports
DKIMarioSprite.png
DKCV20MarioSprite.png
DKDOSMarioSprite.png
DKJIMarioSprite.png
MarioMBCPC.png
DKIDonkeyKongSprite.png
DKA2600DonkeyKongSprite.png
DKTDonkeyKongSprite.png
DKDOSDonkeyKongSprite.png

theres so many of them and theyre all so good

Mario Party X said:
Your lifeblood is ugly and pixelated?

No, I said SMAS SMB3, not PC Mario is Missing. Can't you read?

SMAS SMB3 is the second best spriting style the franchise has, with the best being the original BIS.

SMW and MLSS's styles can go jump in a woodchipper for all I care. Not only are they ugly, but they're overused. When I was young and playing flash games, if one of them didn't use the SMW Mario sprites, it was already worth a look for uniqueness. And I hear nowadays that situation exists with the MLSS sprites, which when I played only the real groundbreakers (like Super Mario Sunshine 64, the predecessor to the more famous Super Mario 63, which also had them) used.

Isabelle said:
SMB3 has amazing sprites if you ask me. In fact, I only think SMB's sprites could be better.

Idk SMB3 sprites just look really good. And for some reason I prefer the 8-bit variant of those sprites.

SMB3 sprites are amazing...
...for its time. I personally think the sprites get better every game (not counting things like Mario is Missing! and Hotel Mario).

Doc von Schmeltwick said:
Mario Party X said:
Your lifeblood is ugly and pixelated?

No, I said SMAS SMB3, not PC Mario is Missing. Can't you read?

Don't you think you might be overreacting a little bit? It's just sprites.

Well, I am insulting this person's lifeblood so I guess it's very personal. World and Superstar Saga sprites are eh, and to me, nothing tops Dream Team sprites.

ZelenPixel said:
the smw sprite is probably one of my favorites but people have different opinions! its fine
now that we discuss awful sprites apparently;
Mario_from_Mario_Teaches_Typing_for_MS-DOS.png
HMMarioSprite.png

and of course oyu cant forget the sprites from the arcade game ports
DKIMarioSprite.png
DKCV20MarioSprite.png
DKDOSMarioSprite.png
DKJIMarioSprite.png
MarioMBCPC.png
DKIDonkeyKongSprite.png
DKA2600DonkeyKongSprite.png
DKTDonkeyKongSprite.png
DKDOSDonkeyKongSprite.png

theres so many of them and theyre all so good
SENTIENT BOOGER

Prerenders that are officially repetitively used work in the 90s (see the original DKC trilogy).

Not so much today, especially when fake. Granted, Bowser's rigged Sunshine model was used for ages.

Also that blue DK sprite with the red barrel wasn't even from a port, it was practically its own thing.

Regardless, I want to stop and talk about how fabulous Bowser is.
Bowser_MEL-FWL.png

ohh nooooo they reused the SMB3 Bowser again :P

Doc von Schmeltwick said:
I get that they wanted Ozma to be a special boss in the next Sports Mix/Hoops 3-on-3 sequel, but Bahamut and Behemoth didn't need such drastic redesigns...

Back