Look at it! Look at it! LOOK AT IT!

His ears are way too far over his eyes, he almost looks like he's got bear ears.

Doc von Schmeltwick said:
His ears are way too far over his eyes, he almost looks like he's got bear ears.
there is far more going on in wrongness

generally, top of the ears correspond with top of the eyes and bottom of the ears correspond to the near bottom of the nose. You'll have to adjust if the head tilted upward or downward (the lower the nose points down, the higher the ears will be and vice-versa), but it's a generally good rule

cases in point
544px-Mario_Artwork_%28alt%29_-_Super_Smash_Bros._Wii_U_3DS.png
426px-MarioNP1.png
261px-Mario-ponder-large.png

I know, I was gonna point that out in more depth, but since it seems to be really old merchandise, I decided not to. Case in point, I have an old-enough-to-have-red-overalls Mario toy (which I unfortunately seem to have misplaced) that was bought at a flea market, and anatomically his head looks pretty squarish, like on the cover for Lost Levels. Along with some nose and ear weirdery.

Depends on the toy. Plushies are afforded a little bit more liberty with the proportions. Old merch or not, this butchering Mario's face and getting his hands utterly wrong is INEXCUSABLE and makes me convinced it's really an effigy by the Koopa Troopp.

Look, they didn't get the hands or the buttons right, why would they get the block right?

Oh no, it seems the image has started damaging people's eyes. We already got our first victim.

I can see it just fine, I don't think the problem is the image location.

Some people might have strange firewalls, one time I used a computer where this forum wasn't blocked but Imgur was, as a result most images and many sigs/avatars were broken, was fun.

Here's a reupload though:

tM1Ck1m.png

Alex95 said:
That's how I used to draw Mario for a while, tbh.
Me too, it's how I used to draw all human characters as a kid, now if I find an old drawing like that I can barely recognize them as human

Princess Mario said:
Look, they didn't get the hands or the buttons right, why would they get the block right?

Because a cube is easier to draw/sculpt than a hand? They went too detailed with the hands, but his sprites for most of the games at the time didn't really show gloves....

....I'm admittedly assuming that this is ancient.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Alex95 said:
That's how I used to draw Mario for a while, tbh.
Me too, it's how I used to draw all human characters as a kid, now if I find an old drawing like that I can barely recognize them as human

When I was younger I drew everything having a humongous head with the arms in place of their ears.
Darth Vader was scarier than in the movie.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Some people might have strange firewalls, one time I used a computer where this forum wasn't blocked but Imgur was, as a result most images and many sigs/avatars were broken, was fun.

I'm currently using a different computer from the one that I normally use, so that might be the problem. Images from FireDen appear as broken links to me.

probably a reason i'm not attracted to minecraft are those character models. i mean christ.

Especially for a game whose graphics consist only of blocks.

I mean, I know that it's a decent skin for Minecraft, but, like, it's like calling a Mii of say Bowser Jr. representational of him and it looks barely anything like him or it looks like a pixelly mess to people who haven't played Minecraft.

Hey...

This could be a nice Smash mod.
They've already done it this way with other characters anyway.

Back