Tetris: The Movie

Mycroft Holmes said:
King Harkinian said:
Mycroft Holmes said:
King Harkinian said:
Seriously? A TETRIS movie? They could make a movie out of a franchise like Zelda, and they do one about stacking BRICKS?
tetris has a better storyline than zelda
OK then, Mr. Smartypants, what is Tetris's story about?
and right here we have someone who doesn't recognize a joke when they see it
I was trying to call your bluff.

King Harkinian said:
Mycroft Holmes said:
King Harkinian said:
Mycroft Holmes said:
King Harkinian said:
Seriously? A TETRIS movie? They could make a movie out of a franchise like Zelda, and they do one about stacking BRICKS?
you tried, but you failed, and ended up ruining the joke for everyone

nice work

Mycroft Holmes said:
King Harkinian said:
Mycroft Holmes said:
King Harkinian said:
Mycroft Holmes said:
King Harkinian said:
you tried, but you failed, and ended up ruining the joke for everyone

nice work
Thanks! There's nothing better than the satisfaction of a job well done.

King Harkinian said:
Mycroft Holmes said:
King Harkinian said:

I tried to come up with something good here, but the move Real Steel keeps seeping into the cracks.
So I'm going to say that the story is best described as Real Steel with giant blocks. Perhaps Pluto as well, but I think Hugh Jackman would be better for this.

They made a movie on the Battleship board game... Hollywood must be running out of ideas or don't know where to tap proper potential.

If there's no Soviet Union themes, then I'm out for sure.

TheFarmboy said:
Hollywood must be running out of ideas or don't know where to tap proper potential.

They're abusing licenses to get people to watch the movie they'll make.

So many board/video game movies.

Battleship, Risk, this, there's Monopoly, Candy Land, and Ouija in development. What's next? Elefun? Twister? Guess Who?

Angry Birds, Action Man, and Hungry Hungry Hippos all have had their rights purchased for movies.

Yeah. There's an Angry Birds movie coming out.

Maybe we'll get a new Mario film.

GalacticPetey said:
Lario said:

An animated Mario movie with the voice actors and art style of the games could be good.
Did you mean: A game?

Mario isn't meant to be made into a narrative. There's no way to make a good Mario movie without significantly changing some aspect of it.

Nabber said:
GalacticPetey said:
Lario said:

An animated Mario movie with the voice actors and art style of the games could be good.

Mario isn't meant to be made into a narrative. There's no way to make a good Mario movie without significantly changing some aspect of it.
I disagree.

Nabber said:
GalacticPetey said:
Lario said:

It depends heavily on the writing and directing. If those are good, the movie will be good.

It's sad how we have the preconception and we just reject such ideas now just because of a bad streak of bad video game film adaptions. They all share the same problems, and there isn't a great film director who's willing to try to solve all those common problems. But the negative preconception feeds into filmmaker's confidence, and maybe that's why there aren't so many great video game film adaptions.

Mortal Kombat was the only semi decent video game movie

my friend keeps trying to convince me the Resident Evil movies are great but then again he also likes Michael Bay films

Dr. Mario said:
It's sad how we have the preconception and we just reject such ideas now just because of a bad streak of bad video game film adaptions. They all share the same problems, and there isn't a great film director who's willing to try to solve all those common problems. But the negative preconception feeds into filmmaker's confidence, and maybe that's why there aren't so many great video game film adaptions.
or maybe it's just that the good film directors realize there's no point making a movie out of a game because there's much better material to draw from

a person makes a tetris movie not because they want to make a good movie, but because they want to make money. that's really the only reasoning behind it

What do you mean by "much better material" to draw from? Books? Video games are actually competent as a story-telling medium.

Tetris is an awful material to draw from, but I'm sure quite a few video games can make at least decent film adaptions. The problem is, there isn't a good movie game film adaption to be the standard, and all game film adaptions fail because of common problems, not because they are game film adaptions by themselves.

Back