Tetris: The Movie

well, by "much better material" i was thinking primarily of tetris

it's true that a competent director could make a decent movie out of something like, i don't know, halo. i'm not a halo expert, so i really can't say. but the thing is that many video game plots aren't meant to hold their own as plots; they're the framework for the gameplay itself, and don't have a good narrative structure.

GalacticPetey said:
Same can be said about books. Things like Green Eggs and Ham don't really have a movie worth plot.
...which is why it hasn't been turned into a movie. and i don't really think you can compare a childrens book with a novel...

which leads back to me point. it's hard to make a good adaptation of some things without significantly changing some aspect of it

or, yes, make a bad adaptation. sure whatever

I assume you're joking because I can't imagine someone being shallow enough to think a movie is good because a certain actor is in it.

An actor can have bad performances.

I don't know where I found this info about the new Tetris movie. It says that this is going to be a sci-fi movie.

So this movie adaptation is going to be about aliens invading Earth by sending Tetrominos. Kind of similar to the upcoming Space Invaders movie adaptation.

GalacticPetey said:
I assume you're joking because I can't imagine someone being shallow enough to think a movie is good because a certain actor is in it.

An actor can have bad performances.
i was joking with the love guru, but frankly i did really enjoy the cat in the hat

no joke there

also i did find one actor who's simply perfect in everything he's in, and that's Brendan Gleeson. Seems like he's that good really.

MaMeSoPa said:
I don't know where I found this info about the new Tetris movie. It says that this is going to be a sci-fi movie.

So this movie adaptation is going to be about aliens invading Earth by sending Tetrominos. Kind of similar to the upcoming Space Invaders movie adaptation.

16c8cf1c0defc07c0de04b471d37b00122b431c0f9457e899f3a25332d8b9fd2.jpg

Back