What you don't like about Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U?

King Antasma said:
An alt that references an actual game>an alt made up on the spot
You just bit yourself there. Pink-haired Bowser might be a possible reference to Bowletta. An RPG character. From the Mario & Luigi series.

Lumastar said:
King Antasma said:
You just bit yourself there. Pink-haired Bowser might be a possible reference to Bowletta. An RPG character. From the Mario & Luigi series.
That's what I thought when I first saw it. Well, after I thought it was fabulous.

Never thought of Bowletta until now, actually. Probably because I thought it would be hard to reference her without using the special horns or the ahem, other part. Still, if it is a reference that's awesome.

Nah, its just pink haired slightly darker green Bowser.

I thought it was Bowser with this textures taken to Photoshop, and the hue slider for the color-changer was slightly off the center.

Lazy....

Anyway, I hate the lack of special Smash. Really removes some options there. Speaking of options... no options in Smash Run? Wow.

Finally, Mario is the illustrative test subject for special move demonstration. Just check the thumbnail when you customize your special move. Smooth.

King Antasma said:
I agree with that. Mario's Blue colour swap should've been Ice, same goes for Luigi.

But Pink haired Bowser is the reason why we still need some made up ones.

Ninelevendo said:
King Antasma said:
I agree with that. Mario's Blue colour swap should've been Ice, same goes for Luigi.

But Pink haired Bowser is the reason why we still need some made up ones.
No one disses the manly cotton candy.

Pink goes PERFECT with baby blue, though. It's the best marriage of colors for Mario.

Yeah, the more pink, the better.

It matches nearly perfectly with blue overalls Wario, though.

I guess it's a good thing. Dressing up as your enemy is a great way to know your enemy.

Yeah, it might backfire because enemies can potentially mistake you for the punching bag they're all after, but if you tell them nicely, maybe they'll listen and start dressing up as Wario too.

I wish Olimar kept Pikmin Chain. That was usually my finishing move as Olimar and it felt awkward not being able to use it.

And Charizard taking damage from Flare Blitz.

so from what i've played of the game today... i'm not really feeling it

...shulk is cool. okay. but i hate almost all of the stages and the new characters don't seem to be too good

I never had had any recovery problems with Pikmin Chain. Besides it was a pretty good damaging move from my perspective anyway.

I know thats how Flare Blitz works, but its still annoying.

Nabber said:
so from what i've played of the game today... i'm not really feeling it

...shulk is cool. okay. but i hate almost all of the stages and the new characters don't seem to be too good

The stages do kinda feel a bit too gimmicky this time around. And there's too many past stages. And many universes go without representation.... I could just go on about how disappointing the stages are. I'm really just sticking with omeg forms if you're wondering.

3D Land: I'm ok with this actually. Better than Mushroomy Kingdom.

Golden Plains: God I hated the game this came from. The coin mechanic is interesting, but the gold skin just feels like a metal box. Maybe it should have been a gradual buff over time?

Rainbow Road: The cars sometimes feel a bit too unavoidable, but I like the stage otherwise.

Paper Mario: WHY DID THEY PUT STICKER STAR STUFF IN. I would have liked it more if it were just the SS Flavio.

Mushroomy Kingdom: WHY DID THEY BRING IT BACK NO ONE LIKED IT

Jungle Japes: Meh.

Gerudo Valley: Really only play on it for the music. The fire and ice hazards seem a bit too overpowered.

Spirit Train: I'm ok with this one too. Especially the music ;D

Brinstar: Meh.

Yoshi's Island: I liked this stage in Brawl, and I'm fine with it here.

Dream Land: I found myself loving this stage. I just think it's a cool expansion of the Flat Zones.

Corneria: Meh.

Unova League: Awesome stage design, horrible hazards. It's basically Spear Pillar 2.

Prism Tower: I like this one actually. Shame the alternate music was recycled.

Magicant: Would be my favourite stage, if it weren't for the flying men.

Mute City: My favourite stage. I'm sorry. It's just too awesome. FINALLY AN FZERO STAGE WITHOUT THOSE GODDAMN CARS

Arena Ferox: I like this one too. Another of my favourites.

Flat Zone 2: Meh.

WarioWare: I didn't like it in Brawl, hate it here too.

Reset Bomb Forest: Another favourite stage. I don't know why I like it so much.

Distant Planet: YAY FAVOURITE STAGE IN BRAWL

Boxing Ring: Like this one too.

Tortimer Island: Would be fine if swimming was still there.

Gaur Plain: Never played Xenoblade and I like it. It just feels too cheap for the characters with poor recoveries, considering it's all platform or walk-off.

Pictochat 2: Definitely better than the first one. The drawings feel like they interrupt a lot less.

Balloon Fight: Unnecessary, could easily have been a new DK stage.

Living Room: Hate it. Falling blocks are too annoying, especially when playing a slow character.

StreetPass Quest: Hate it. I hate any stage with bosses actually *coughwilycastlecough*

Tomodachi Life: Love it for some weird reason. It feels like Luigi's Mansion, but not... sucky.

Green Hill Zone: It is just me or does the stage not collapse as much as Brawl?

Wily Castle: OH GODS WHY DOES THE DEVIL COME SO OFTEN

Pac-Maze: Actually like this one.

/endrant

This is what I thought of the stages:

3D Land: I like the stage, but that's about it. Definitely several steps up from Mushroomy Kingdom.

Golden Plains: The stage is okay and the coin mechanic is interesting but I never really liked it that much beyond that.

Rainbow Road: The cars tend to feel too unavoidable, but the stage is good besides that.

Paper Mario: The stage is great until the Bowser's Castle portion. I really don't like that portion.

Mushroomy Kingdom: Didn't really like it that much.

Jungle Japes: Not a fan of the almost instant death waters.

Gerudo Valley: The hazards are a bit too destructive for my liking, but besides that I like this stage a fair bit.

Spirit Train: I really like this stage.

Brinstar: Meh.

Yoshi's Island: This stage is okay.

Dream Land: I like this stage, definitely one of the better scrollers.

Corneria: It's okay.

Unova League: Per the above post about this.

Prism Tower: I like this stage, it's pretty cool.

Magicant: Per the above post.

Mute City: I like this one, definitely my favourite F-Zero stage.

Arena Ferox: Definitely my favourite stage in the entire game.

Flat Zone 2: Meh.

WarioWare: It's okay.

Reset Bomb Forest: I really like this stage.

Distant Planet: It's alright.

Boxing Ring: Sometimes feels a bit too big, but I like this stage regardless.

Tortimer Island: I like this stage, but fall-off deaths feel a bit cheap considering the lack of an edge on one of the sides.

Gaur Plain: I've never actually played this stage before, can't say anything about it but the music is glorious.

Pictochat 2: Per the above post.

Balloon Fight: Don't really like this one.

Living Room: I really like this stage.

StreetPass Quest: The stage is pretty cool, I like it a fair bit.

Tomodachi Life: Much better than Luigi's Mansion, so I really like it.

Green Hill Zone: Don't really like it.

Wily Castle: Least favourite stage in the entire game, mainly because of the boss.

Pac-Maze: I like this stage a lot more than Golden Plains for some reason.

3D Land: Great stage, better than Mushroomy Kingdom. The stage hazards are just right, and the setting is nice and colorful.

Golden Plains: Didn't like New Super Mario Bros. 2, but I really like this stage. Removing the music somehow makes this stage amazing, but I like most things without the music. Don't kill me.

Rainbow Road: I always fight Greninja on this stage, so this stage is good. Feels empty at points, but maybe that's because I play without music 99.99% of the time.

Paper Mario: The gimmicks are crap. Hate the fan, hate layout in the final "form". The only Mario stage I'm close to disliking.

Mushroomy Kingdom: Ew.

Jungle Japes: Probably the worst stage in the game. The swimming mechanic could've and should've been removed ala Tortimer Island. No, it's easy to die if you get simply knocked off.

Gerudo Valley: Good stage, although it gives you too little time to escape from the bottom when the Song of Time plays.

Spirit Train: Lame and way too gimmicky.

Brinstar: Donkey Kong's home stage. I am required to fight here if I want to fight Donkey Kong.

Yoshi's Island: To play this stage, some form of Pit has to be present.

Dream Land: Lame and lots of caves of lifes. No Star KOs either.

Corneria: Zelda's home stage.

Unova League: This stage sucks ass. Zekrom ass.

Prism Tower: It's a good stage, especially for a Pokaymon series stage.

Magicant: Lame, but pink.

Mute City: Probably the most visually distracting and the ugliest stage I've seen. I love it. I fight Samus there all the time.

Arena Ferox: Way too big, but I like the stage's shifting around. Possibly Wii Fit Trainer's home stage.

Flat Zone 2: Lame.

WarioWare: It's all right, but it still rewards people inconsistently, which always sucks.

Reset Bomb Forest: It's an okay stage.

Distant Planet: Wish it had Tane no Uta or Ai no Uta in some form because it's Wario's home stage.

Boxing Ring: No Star KOs. That makes it lame at best, and the falling ceiling thing can just go.

Tortimer Island: Way too big.

Gaur Plain: It's a good stage, and it looks nice.

Pictochat 2: The drawings are more inspired this time around, with Warp Pipes, escalators, Pac Man things, Wario noses, and less obnoxious stage hazards aside from the faucet.

Balloon Fight: Meh, but I like how you can walk through the other side.

Living Room: This stage isn't lame. It's awful. Too big, the falling hazards are obnoxious, and I hate puppies.

StreetPass Quest: It seems to be very lacking and empty. I think it needs some livening up.

Tomodachi Life: It's a good stage. I tolerate Miis in that game.

Green Hill Zone: This stage sucks.

Wily Castle: Great stage. Killing Yellow Devil and always satisfying, especially how Level 9 Pac-Man is the one usually getting engulfed in there.

Pac-Maze: This stage is bad. There seems to be a whole lot of slow-downs, even in single player, which bogs the stage down, and it's a visually distracting stage. It also has a cave of life in the bottom, and with good teching, it gets hard to kill things.

I'll condense mine.

I enjoy playing on Battlefield, Jungle Japes, Yoshi's Island, Corneria, Prism Tower, Arena Ferox and Reset Bomb Forest.

Everything else I think isn't good/fun/fair enough to play on anything besides FD versions. Some hazards are too intrusive, some layouts are too awkward and some gimmicks take away from the fight at hand too severely. Also some I just don't like personally so I don't want to play them.

Back