What you don't like about Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U?

Anser said:
Claus said:
Anser said:
DaKid said:
This is exactly why I, and a growing amount of people loathe that it even exists.

THIS. I thought I was alone. I HATE that the 3DS version exists. It's completely unnecessary. I remember when I said a few months ago "The 3DS version is going to drag the Wii U version down. Mark my words" and everyone was like "Of course not, Sakurai knows what he's doing".

AND LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED.

Mewtwo still probably wouldn't have been added.

I'm not referring only to Mewtwo being completely ignored, but also about the Ice Climbers being cut. Also the lack of special modes, mediocre stage selection, etc. I'm not going to elaborate on that again.
I respect your opinions, but please don't.

I can't remember if I stated it before or not, but I really hate that there is no new Game k Watch stage on the 3DS. It's literally the original Nintendo handheld franchise! Let's look at the series that did not get new stages on the 3DS version:

Donkey Kong- Has a notable handheld history that is sadly unacknowledged, but the series is mostly known for its console installments.
Metroid- While the series has several handheld games, the series is well-known for its console games.
Yoshi- Most of the games on handhelds are notably criticized. The best two are sequels to the game that inspired the returning Yoshi's Island stage.
Star Fox- Only two handheld games are Command and 64 3D.
Robot- No stage in Brawl. Only history on handhelds is in Mario Kart DS and cameos.
Pikmin- No history on handhelds aside from cameos.
Duck Hunt- No history on handhelds aside from cameos.
Wario- The series has a strong handheld history, so it's a shame that there is no new stage. The lack of Wario Land references is also very sad.
Game & Watch- the long line of Game & Watch systems were Nintendo's first handheld systems and the first handheld systems to gain notable success. Ball was the first Nintendo handheld game. Many Game & Watch games were rereleased via the Game & Watch Gallery series, Game & Watch Collection (and its sequel), and the DSi Shop. Mr. Game & Watch is the oldest fighter in the game and the second oldest character in the game overall (behind Sheriff). There is literally no reason for there NOT to be a new stage. Unfortunately, the developers instead chose to bring back Flat Zone 2. It's better than the original Flat Zone, but still! Flat Zone 2 is the final unlockable stage in the game. That position should be for an original stage. Not Flat Zone 2 or 1. AN ORIGINAL GAME & WATCH STAGE!

DaKid said:
It's nice to see there's some people who see it the way it is instead of making up imaginary excuses and scenario's for Sakurai's bad decisions and making it seem it hasn't effected the overall product. The minute I heard Sakurai said "The roster will be the same" I was worried and the nightmare came true but it is even worse.

Now I'm doubting we'll get certain modes and such for the Wii U version. I doubt we'll get stage builder because the 3DS version doesn't have it. And if we do, hopefully it's way better because Brawl's was pathetic and too limiting.

No one said it didn't affect the overall product, but I don't remember hearing your credentials as to making your own Smash game taking series that he personally has not worked on and trying to make a game that brings all the series together. He can't please everyone, but I agree with Ice, you're overreacting at this point.

Be mad at the game all you want, but don't blame the person for not making it just exactly the way you wanted.

Claus said:
DaKid said:
It's nice to see there's some people who see it the way it is instead of making up imaginary excuses and scenario's for Sakurai's bad decisions and making it seem it hasn't effected the overall product. The minute I heard Sakurai said "The roster will be the same" I was worried and the nightmare came true but it is even worse.

Now I'm doubting we'll get certain modes and such for the Wii U version. I doubt we'll get stage builder because the 3DS version doesn't have it. And if we do, hopefully it's way better because Brawl's was pathetic and too limiting.

No one said it didn't affect the overall product, but I don't remember hearing your credentials as to making your own Smash game taking series that he personally has not worked on and trying to make a game that brings all the series together. He can't please everyone, but I agree with Ice, you're overreacting at this point.

Be mad at the game all you want, but don't blame the person for not making it just exactly the way you wanted.

Be quiet White Knight of Sakurai. Sakurai has made stupid and glaring decisions with this installment of Smash. I'm not upset because it's not the way I want it, I'm not going to explain it again, point misser.

DaKid said:
Be quiet White Knight of Sakurai. Sakurai has made stupid and glaring decisions with this installment of Smash. I'm not upset because it's not the way I want it, I'm not going to explain it again, point misser.

He made decisions that you do not agree with. You find them stupid and glaring, which is fine, but to some people the fans are fine or like some of those cuts/changes. I'm sorry that it did not come out the way that you were hoping for it to come out, but I'm sure that some people disagree with decisions that you've made, and I'm sure you wouldn't want people hating you over one game.

And I saw the reasoning, I just chose to take it into account a different way then you wanted it to be taken into account, but that's what a perspective is. :)

Claus said:
DaKid said:

He made decisions that you do not agree with. You find them stupid and glaring, which is fine, but to some people the fans are fine or like some of those cuts/changes. I'm sorry that it did not come out the way that you were hoping for it to come out, but I'm sure that some people disagree with decisions that you've made, and I'm sure you wouldn't want people hating you over one game.

And I saw the reasoning, I just chose to take it into account a different way then you wanted it to be taken into account, but that's what a perspective is. :)

I don't hate Sakurai, I just don't agree with his decisions with this installment of Smash.

Cirdec said:
For the moment:

- No giant melee (in 3DS, maybe it's in the Wii U version)
- No Daisy alt costume
- No Mewtwo
- Mario and Dr. Mario voices unchanged, 64 and Melee were better
- 4 Fire Emblem characters
- 3 Kid Icarus characters

Now that I have the game, add:

- Ganondorf having no major buff, I would be sad if he ends to be the worst character again
- Low amount of soundtracks (though I think it's because of the 3DS limitation)

---frequent trophy / custom move repeats (eg. getting same custom move twice after one stage of Classic Mode, how does one even...)

Magikrazy said:
That's just a color based on Daisy, like Mario's Wario color.
Still based on her. I would have killed for a color scheme based on Mr. L, Shadow Peach or Dark Bowser but I didn't even get that.

Dark Bowser could run into legal issues if they did that, and intelligent systems could of possibly not wanted a Mr. L or Shadow costume. We just don't know. So I try not to complain too much.

Ninelevendo said:
Dark Bowser could run into legal issues if they did that, and intelligent systems could of possibly not wanted a Mr. L or Shadow costume. We just don't know. So I try not to complain too much.
This just in: Intelligent Systems sues Sakurai for adding a Paper Mario stage and trophies to SSB4!

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS said:
Ninelevendo said:
This just in: Intelligent Systems sues Sakurai for adding a Paper Mario stage and trophies to SSB4!
This just in: Maybe they only wanted a stage and trophies! Maybe they thought that 2D characters shouldn't be made into 3D models!

If they have to go through all sorts of legal stuff to just get Pickachu in, I don't see why it couldn't of applied here.

Pink haired Bowser > Dark Bowser

King Antasma said:
An alt that references an actual game>an alt made up on the spot

But it does reference a game! Pink haired Bowser was clearly made to represent pink haired Link

Claus said:
Maki Nishikino said:
or maybe they just didn't want/think to add in those costumes because they didn't care.

Or, like with Ice Climbers, wasnt a high priority.

I'm pretty sure they're higher priority than a silly alt. They're freaking playable and unique fighters for starters

? Block said:
Claus said:
Maki Nishikino said:
or maybe they just didn't want/think to add in those costumes because they didn't care.

Or, like with Ice Climbers, wasnt a high priority.

I'm pretty sure they're higher priority than a silly alt. They're freaking playable and unique fighters for starters

Woah, calm down. I said like with Ice Climbers, not "in the same boat as Ice Climbers". I was using it in comparison to how the Ice Climbers were for becoming a character as the RPG alts were in terms of alt designs.

Characters >>>>>>> Alt design in priority obviously. I didn't say Characters = Alt Design.

King Antasma said:
An alt that references an actual game>an alt made up on the spot

Most color swaps are easier since it's just taking a pigment and changing it, as opposed to actual sections of an outfit and adding features to it. I mean, sure they could have used the same color as some characters, but I guess they just decided not.

Back