Mario pictures

No, no, that's a bad Mario and Luigi. Get out of Greenpeace!

being low poly is very low standards to begin with so

king boo is literally a sphere with a face painted on it and nubs attached to it

Maybe it's just me but I don't find oversized bean bags sticking out of mouths all that scary.

Reactions: zel
HA. Polycount doesn't even matter you can either translate a few verts on the center of the tongue mesh down the y axis OR you can just bake normalmap/heightmap (unless the engine doesn't support it but you can still bake information onto albedo) from a high poly detail mesh onto the used lower poly that gives the illusion of detail.

Blah blah blah I am smart with models. If I glazed your eyes, that's what I'm aiming for. :)

Last edited:
I think if you adjust the gizmo pivot you can get away with it (like making transform axis line up with the vertex's normal or you move the pivot inside the model and you hit scale) but either way, it's still a simple operation, you move just up and and forward (Y and Z) but you should probably model straight in the first place and let bone deformation take care of bending the shape.

No, not really. You really only start to notice the restrictions of normal/height maps really up-close and it's not something you'd see in a game like Mario Kart Tour. Even 8's model had me fooled that Baby Luigi's mouth and eyes are not actually modeled and are just painted on him...

The biggest crime is that the cover left out that room in Copycat's House where there's a game of Mario & Wario! For shame!

Back