Mario pictures

Wigger

I remember being a kid looking at that artwork, never realizing that the main villain of the game was the flying alien dude. He looked so innocuous I just assumed him to be a regular henchman and that the badguy was the fire breathing lion thing Mario was glaring at.

The fact that Daisy was next to it didn't help.

PMCS_Fire_Mario.png

PMCS_Ice_Mario.png

PMCS_Tanooki_Mario.png

PMCS_Frog_Mario.png

I want to see more official renditions of Paper Mario using the various suits and power ups.

Penguin Suit, Cape, Chicken Suit, the possibilities....

No eyebrows to fill in the blank space.

IMO paper mario needs eyebrows

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Paper Mario with eyebrows would be Look at it! material, I'll pass on that
463px-PM2_Mario.png

he is now very embarrassed for showing his eyebrows

71dd0f9f6d07be7980b9652a45223065.gif

Those are fine, I mean when he's not using them for a particular expression

Default Paper Mario with eyebrows (not the only redesign in this fan art but the most unsettling one)

paper_mario_next_generation___concept_by_monokhromatik_d55of6l-fullview.png

I think even the simpler eyebrows being there when they aren't needed for the expression would look odd

Color Splash's sprites do need hair though, Paper Mario's been shown to have visible hair in artwork when his hat goes back so seeing his hat go back or his forehead exposed otherwise like with the frog suit, looks like they forgot to draw hair and just traced over the TTYD sprite (which never threw back the hat that far so it didn't have a need for hair in the sprite) with arrangements that would call for some visible hair.

Example mockup with reference to a sprite of Mario's head with hair from SPM

kbxAzxX.png

It looks bad because the fan art did it bad. For starters, the body is way off, there has to be legs, and the eyebrows are not well placed or proportioned. That's not how eyebrows work.

Reason they probably didn't include the hair is that it would detract from the frog suit. It just reads easier without the hair. What they should have done is cover the forehead more.

i've drawn a character with eyebrows in paper form before and he looked fine. it could work.

you should attempt a paper styled sprite in your vision, lgm, then

1474799807277.png

Spoilered because large ass image

I just have no idea what the composition is supposed to be telling me. I think that foreground chandelier scene throws a wrench into the design.

that's what yoshi should've looked like in crafted world

Seems fine, the saddle is blobby like this in real life.

Back