Do you consider Luigi, Yoshi, and Rosalina overrated?

Answer in order.

• No, No, No

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • No, No, Yes

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • No, Yes, No

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Yes, No, No

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • No, Yes, Yes

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Yes, No, Yes

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Yes, Yes, No

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Yes, Yes, Yes

Votes: 5 11.1%

• Total voters
Stargazing said:
Wait, people use MS Paint to make their avatars?

It's 2014, and Photoshop exists. Hell, there's even a free version I have.

Yeah, unfortunately, some do.

Photoshop is flippin' expensive though so I'd recommend the excellent GIMP for people who don't have the cash to spend.

Baby Luigi said:
Stargazing said:
Wait, people use MS Paint to make their avatars?

It's 2014, and Photoshop exists. Hell, there's even a free version I have.

Yeah, unfortunately, some do.

Photoshop is flippin' expensive though so I'd recommend the excellent GIMP for people who don't have the cash to spend.
I'll get it when I actually have a computer

I used MS Paint to make my avatars for a while. The only difference Photoshop made, was making them easier to make.

J-Yoshi64 said:
I always thought that the best method of OC-making was in one's own head :P *hides*

But sometimes, even the brain farts out things

Maki Nishikino said:
The only difference Photoshop made, was making them easier to make.
On another note, democratizing the process of making OCs inevitably makes a flood of crappy ones.

A good oc is one that actually has a story. I don't mean "fanfic" story. Just a canon that the character's creator has thought up for them. Take my OC Siph (shown in my avatar). I had him and his personality as an idea for almost a year before I actually made that visual for him. While the picture is a recoloring of the Yoshi kid from TTYD, I gave him actual character long before that. Here's a description I wrote:
Siph is a Sapphire Yoshi kid. This is a rare coloring of Yoshi, a fact Siph is proud of. He is always quick to correct anyone who mistakenly calls him a blue Yoshi. His color gives him no real advantages or disadvantages (other than being a little sparkly); he can basically do anything a normal Yoshi can do. Siph enjoys annoying his friends, though it's all in good fun, and he never does anything too extreme. He always thinks of a person's feelings before he acts. Because of his trouble-making nature and the wisdom he uses to guide it, it's easy to forget Siph's age. Siph is extremely sensitive, and gets easily depressed and tearful when he is reminded of his mortality and that of others, especially his friends. But he is brave, and loyal to the ones he cares about. He is never afraid to fight for them.
Remember, people. It's the character's character that makes them appealing.

I've never really considered Luigi overrated... maybe nowadays after the Mario Kart 8 meme, but out of the dozens and dozens of people I've played Mario games, nobody's ever really picked Luigi except for in Smash Bros.

Yoshi is a lovable character but I wouldn't call him overrated. Many of my friends fight over who gets to be Yoshi.

I don't really understand the Rosalina love, though. She always looked too similar to Peach for my tastes. They could've made her hair black or white or something, but instead made her another blonde.

yeah just because he rescues baby luigi doesn't mean i have to like his atrocious voice

My argument?

I don't like Yoshi because Yoshi sucks

Tryclyde said:
I don't really understand the Rosalina love, though. She always looked too similar to Peach for my tastes. They could've made her hair black or white or something, but instead made her another blonde.

Rosalina was made to be someone who's lovable and caring, while also having a mysterious vibe. In fact, she has always been better looking than Peach on my end.

However, some people do go the wrong way with her at times.

MnSG said:
However, some people do go the wrong way with her at times.

That's an understatement

Stupid r34.

While I will admit that I think Rosalina is quite beautiful, her beauty (to me) stems from her grace and benevolence. My first instinct when I see her is to think about and empathize with her background. Her looks don't even come to mind, aside from her hair.

In my honest opinion.

Luigi is alright (he has his fans, and it was nice he had the Year of Luigi), Yoshi is alright, but Rosalina is just a tad overrated (I understand why people like her, but she's meh to be. Though I do feel her apperance in Smahs Bros is really pushing it.)

TheFarmboy said:
In my honest opinion.

Luigi is alright (he has his fans, and it was nice he had the Year of Luigi), Yoshi is alright, but Rosalina is just a tad overrated (I understand why people like her, but she's meh to be. Though I do feel her appearance in Smash Bros is really pushing it.)
^ This man needs a medal or something. How's a Bowser Medal sound? :bowser:

A lot of people think Rosalina's playable appearance in Smash 4 is pushing it, and I agree.

He appearance in 3D World is far worse than smash.

I didn't like the Year of Luigi. All it did was promote people to go crazy over him and left us with fans who like him because he's popular.

Ninelevendo said:
I didn't like the Year of Luigi. All it did was promote people to go crazy over him and left us with fans who like him because he's popular.

I hate you for not outright hating the Year of Luigi

Baby Luigi said:
Ninelevendo said:

I hate you for not outright hating the Year of Luigi
I hate you both for hating the Year of Luigi.

Just kidding, the only good things that came out of it were the games. The fans that joined soon afterwards are kinda annoying

The primary reason I hate Year of Luigi is that Yoshi's New Island was released during it and Baby Luigi was STILL the damsel in distress in it

Baby Luigi said:
The primary reason I hate Year of Luigi is that Yoshi's New Island was released during it and Baby Luigi was STILL the damsel in distress in it
Um, wasn't YnI released in May, two months after YoL had ended?

Back