What happened to Petey Piranha?

The French are funny

Maᴙio said:
Hey, how come there aren't debates about Petey's gender? In French versions, Petey is female.
Petey is kinda gender ambiguous already. I mean, its a plant.

I consider Petey a he just because "Petey" is a male name.

GalacticPetey said:
Petey is kinda gender ambiguous already. I mean, its a plant.

Plants have "male" and "female" parts though

And besides, he's still technically an animal of some sort. He's more plant based sure but he still has teeth, tongue, mouth, and whatnot.

Petey should return and make a Boss Run type level where Mario,Luigi or any playable should runaway from Petey.

It would be hilarious to see Petey run with those tiny legs and scary for the player when playing.

Maᴙio said:
Hey, how come there aren't debates about Petey's gender? In French versions, Petey is female.
That's probably because the translators were drunk on wine and cheese. :P

Kidding aside, Petey should definitely return as playable. So should King Boo.

Magikrazy said:
Maᴙio said:

I think they just named it Flora because they wanted a name related to flowers, and it happened to be a female name. They didn't care about the gender.

Hey, my comment started a thread?

I'm suprised he didn't appear in either of the Camelot 3DS games. Same with Metal Mario for Mario Golf: World Tour. I, while not entirely loving the character, still think he should be a more reappearing character.

Magikrazy said:
Maᴙio said:
Nous ne sommes pas Italiens.

Ninelevendo said:
Magikrazy said:
Maᴙio said:
Drunk on cheese?

Cheese can be fermented like wine

Ninelevendo said:
So you can get pulled over for eating cheese. That'd be great to watch on a Police TV show.
http://www.nick.com/videos/video.rbml?id=all-that-cheese-police-clip

I guess they kind of found him irrelevant, since he only appeared as a boss in 2 games, and very infrequently.

But here's the thing: Nintendo needs more human and female characters. Daisy is both. And she does have a large fan base (unlike Petey.)

Dr. Javelin said:
that's racist against non-humans

how dare you

Well, there aren't a lot of humans in the game, so…

Also, wouldn't it be organismist or speciesist?

GalacticPetey said:
But there's also a lack of giant mutant plant monsters. Petey fills that role.

That's WAYYY too specific. You're clearly just trying to find an excuse for your argument.

And I never liked Petey in the first place, he's a little weird-looking.

Clawdia Koopa said:
GalacticPetey said:
But there's also a lack of giant mutant plant monsters. Petey fills that role.

That's WAYYY too specific. You're clearly just trying to find an excuse for your argument.

And I never liked Petey in the first place, he's a little weird-looking.
But there aren't many plants compared to humans. We need more plants.

Being a plant isn't specific at all.

Back