What happened to Petey Piranha?

GalacticPetey

Donkey Kong
Ninelevendo said:
As if that's gonna happen.

Seriously what happened to Petey Piranha? (New thread)

Ask and thou shalt receive.

But seriously, what happened? Granted, he still appears, but infrequently. He used to appear in a lot in the spin-off games. Tennis, Golf, Kart, Strikers etc. Then he seemed to be dropped from those series. Mario Kart Wii? No Petey. Mario Tennis Open? No Petey. Mario Golf: World Tour? No Petey. The last time he was even playable was Sluggers, but dozens were playable there. I wonder why he stopped being playable.

I think someone at Nintendo clearly likes Petey. He was the only returning boss besides Bowser and Jr. in NSMB, out of several potential boss characters for SSBB, he was chosen, and he's even appeared as a boss in two of the RPGs.

He's clearly still around, but not playable any more.

He'll appear in Mario Party 10

It's weird how he returned and yet the other Sunshine bosses don't really make a return.

I guess they wanted a Sunshine character to appear in spin-offs. Petey works best as a playable character out of all the Sunshine bosses.

I'd rather have him than....Shadow Mario.

Don't they already use Bowser Jr. for a Sunshine character though?

Baby Luigi said:

Don't they already use Bowser Jr. for a Sunshine character though?
I guess. Even he was absent from NSMB2 and MK8 though.

Also, I wouldn't say Petey is the only Sunshine Boss to return. Gooper Blooper got his fair share of reappearances. He got to be a boss again in Sticker Star, Mario and Sonic, and Super Princess Peach, got to be a mini-game in Power Tennis, and a stage element in Mario Hoops and Sluggers.

Petey Piranha is probably the best playable candidate. I mean, can Gooper Blooper really play Baseball or drive a kart?

They should have made Petey at least a boss in Mario kart, mission mode style. You're in an arena and you toss bob-ombs into his mouth

If I had my way with the world, Petey would become a staple of the series, be playable in all the sports games and be the best character in Smash.

But alas, all I can do is cross my fingers for MK8 DLC.

Maᴙio said:
Baby Luigi said:
You're wrong.

No one was asking for your opinion

GalacticPetey said:
If I had my way with the world, Petey would become a staple of the series, be playable in all the sports games and be the best character in Smash.

But alas, all I can do is cross my fingers for MK8 DLC.

I'd make him playable AT LEAST in Mario Tennis Open

but nope, have 7 -----ty Yoshi recolors instead

Have hopes for Petey in Mario Kart 9. I will probably set a club for it tomorrow. And yes it is funny that Petey Piranha appears more often than other Sunshine bosses.

If a Sunshine remake/sequel does end up happening, I can see Petey appearing in spin-offs again.

I still think it's remarkable how he of all people got to be a Captain in Strikers over say Toad or Birdo, who were forced to team mates.

GalacticPetey said:
If a Sunshine remake/sequel does end up happening, I can see Petey appearing in spin-offs again.

I still think it's remarkable how he of all people got to be a Captain in Strikers over say Toad or Birdo, who were forced to team mates.
It's an honor to even be in that game because everyone looks so hilarious in Strikers Charged.

C'mon, just look at his goal animation. You can't dislike it.

And that one where he does the limbo

Love the Calypso music too lol

Oh god I wanted to play as him so bad in Strikers Charged, but I lost the disc before I unlocked him :'(

I think he deserves to be DLC in MK8. He'd make a nice heavyweight addition, because most of the current heavyweights suck.

Nysic said:
Oh god I wanted to play as him so bad in Strikers Charged, but I lost the disc before I unlocked him :'(

I think he deserves to be DLC in MK8. He'd make a nice heavyweight addition, because most of the current heavyweights suck.
Man, it must suck playing the Striker Cup again. I'd hate that, even though I did win against him 3-2, and then later, 5-0, with my team of Mario, Toad, Dry Bones, and Boo. Hell, I didn't even lose a single match on my entire playthrough with that team. :P

I don't want Petey Pirahna to make it into Mario Kart 8 as a DLC character. I want Boo, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, King K Rool, Bowser Jr, and Kiddy Kong to be the DLC characters.

Kart Player 2008 said:
I don't want Petey Pirahna to make it into Mario Kart 8 as a DLC character. I want Boo, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, King K Rool, Bowser Jr, and Kiddy Kong to be the DLC characters.

3849160-4369185785-original

I feel like if we get MK8 character DLC, it will be six characters so they can just add an extra row.

Birdo
Diddy Kong
Bowser Jr.
King Boo
Dry Bones
Petey Piranha

Sound reasonable?

GalacticPetey said:
I feel like if we get MK8 character DLC, it will be six characters so they can just add an extra row.

Birdo
Diddy Kong
Bowser Jr.
King Boo
Dry Bones
Petey Piranha

Sound reasonable?

I like it. I probably would buy only Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr., and King Boo, but, hey, more options don't hurt huh?

GalacticPetey said:

Birdo
Diddy Kong
Bowser Jr.
King Boo
Dry Bones
Petey Piranha

Sound reasonable?

Not enough Kongs. Too many sub-bosses.

Kart Player 2008 said:
GalacticPetey said:

Birdo
Diddy Kong
Bowser Jr.
King Boo
Dry Bones
Petey Piranha

Sound reasonable?

Not enough Kongs. Too many sub-bosses.

Mario sub-bosses>>>>>>>>>>Kongs

That DLC looks great. I would like Paratroopa back too, but there's no chance in hell of that happening.

I wouldn't mind Paratroopa back but I prefer Lakitu these days

Back