Super Smash Bros. Reflections - Week 4 (Last Week) - Smash 4 Speculation Week

Re: Super Smash Bros. Reflections - Week 3 - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Week

Well that's why I said "I think"

I remember used to be being hyped for Brawl and all. Every day Sakurai updates feels like a great day, and it was awesome.

here I'm barely paying attention to any of the news Smash 4 is providing.

I don't know if Brawl is the cause of my lowered hype, I think it is, but i'm not 100% certain since I'm sure there are other factors.

It's probably the roster leak.

the roster leak has nothing to do with this. I haven't been hyped before the leak

Baby Luigi said:
I think Brawl is the reason my interest in Smash was killed

I'll never really understand this. But I suppose it's just different experience/opinions with the game. I was satisfied with Brawl, while others weren't. So for me it's still every Smash game turns out better then the last for me.

I liked Brawl more than Melee, but that's probably just because I'm not into the competitive scene at all.

Fire Emblem Character said:
I liked Brawl more than Melee, but that's probably just because I'm not into the competitive scene at all.

I'm anything BUT competitive and I highly prefer Melee's mechanics to Brawl. The only reason I even play Brawl over Melee is better soundtrack, characters, and, most of all, modding (especially with hacks like Project M and Brawl -)

Baby Luigi said:
Fire Emblem Character said:

I'm anything BUT competitive and I highly prefer Melee's mechanics to Brawl. The only reason I even play Brawl over Melee is better soundtrack, characters, and, most of all, modding (especially with hacks like Project M and Brawl -)
If I successfully hack my Wii, that tier list is going to change. I mean buff Ganondorf even though I don't play as him.

We're in the real final week of Smash Bros. reflections. In case you forgot what we reflect over in this week. This time it doesn't exactly cover a game and our experience with it. As of course Smash 4 isn't out yet. We can't reflect on a game that isn't even out yet. And this isn't a week devoted to Project M, because in case I didn't make it clear last week. I don't consider it a separate game cause you can't play it without having a Brawl disc in the first place. This is a reflection on the speculation for the game that will officially be over by the end of the week. Perhaps even earlier depending how many people manage to get it prior to the official release in Japan (I think I remember Brawl's full roster being known for sure at least a day or two before the official release in Japan),

The speculation to this game sure has been interested. Feels quite a bit different from the Pre-Brawl days for better or for worse. I think I mentioned this when I was talking about Brawl. But Smash 4's speculation felt rather tame in comparison to Brawl. Perhaps because of the difference of the way official information was shared. Instead of having the DOJO which both showed something new and usually explained something about it. We only got pics that were occasionally something new, and usually not really that big for the exception of course of character reveals. I also mentioned how different the approach to Character Reveals are between the Pic of the Day and the DOJO. The DOJO felt like a character could be revealed at any moment and we never knew who it would be. In contrast, we pretty much knew everytime when a Newcomer would show up for Smash 4 and we could even guess who it'd be at times. Even if there were times when we were quite wrong (Examples: Everyone thinking a Donkey Kong newcomer was being revealed but then suddenly it turns out to be Little Mac, or everyone expecting Chrom in the July newcomer reveal but instead we got Robin and Lucina), The only time Smash 4 really felt like the reveal came out of nowhere was Peach and Marth's reveals (Most of us weren't really aware of the Super Mario Bros. anniversary in September) otherwise we had some kind of hint a character was coming because we kept an eye on anniversaries and/or we knew one was coming through a direct or other kind of special announcement. Even if we didn't know who it was going to be exactly, the fact we knew a new character was coming just took away some of the surprise that the DOJO offered.

It was also tamer in how excitement was handled. While it may have led to a bit of too much hype for Brawl that caused the game to be a huge disappointment for some. The new info every week felt like a treat every day while Smash 4's pic of the day could be something totally filler (Luigi's nose anyone?) or something we already knew for the most part. The DOJO had it's weak updates too sure, like I remember a whole month was about just random items or other small things. But Smash 4's just kinda had more extended times like that where the Pic of the Day felt like it wasn't showing us too much. Which I get why, it's so that not everybody knows just about everything about the game prior to release. It's just too easy to remember the hiatus of decent updates that have happened after Sonic's reveal and also the time where we were hoping we'd get something good in March, or at least Yoshi's reveal (Even if he was saved for the next month's direct) Smash speculation just felt dry during these points as we just end up talking about the same things we've already discussed for a while since the previous notable update. However I can definitely see how some could think Smash 4's speculation was better in how that it felt less crazy and most of the surprises would come from the game itself rather then being shown beforehand. I think it all depends on preference though. If you liked how anything could be the update of the day, and the huge excitement. You probably preferred Brawl's speculation scene. If you prefer a more tamer approach and wanting to know less about the game before getting it, you probably liked Smash 4's speculation style. Though enough comparing it to Brawl's speculation. How about I talk about each and every one of the decent sized events. The events in this exact order are: E3 2013, Sonic's Return announced in the October 2013 Direct, Rosalina's reveal in the December 2013 direct, Little Mac's reveal in the Feburary 2014 direct, the Smash Bros. direct in April 2014, E3 2014, Robin & Lucina's reveal in July 2014, Shulk's reveal at the end of Last Month, and lastly the Roster Leak

June 2013 - E3 2013

It's always easy to know how if a new Smash Bros. is being made, E3 is always an anticipated time for Nintendo fans because no matter what we're going to something cool shown. Heck, just learning that a new Smash Bros. was planned as far back as E3 2011 was exciting to hear. And while we got little-to-none for next year (Because the game probably wasn't far enough in development at the time to show off anything) we finally got our chance last year. Immediately showing us many returning characters from the get go. All of them being veterans we knew were returning anyway. But that's why the Newcomers are the thing that usually defines the hype. And we got a total of three during the entirety of E3.

The first one we got was Villager who has the honor of being the first announced newcomer for the game. And history shows it took some Sakurai changing his mind in order for it to come to pass. As back during Brawl's development he considered Animal Crossing characters as too peaceful for the fighting in Smash. But this time around he did some good work placing stuff people know of the Animal Crossing series and making it a viable moveset. I've said this during the Merit thread, but I think it's absolutely great that Smash Bros. series is not restricted to characters that are known for fighting. So I welcome Villager's inclusion because it's just another of those characters that make the argument of "This character doesn't fight!" completely useless. And I think for the most part the Smash Community also welcomed Villager with open arms. Even if a quite a bit of his hype came from the "Serial Killer" memes that popped up after his reveal. He's going to be an interesting character come the release of the game.

However I don't think there was anything that topped who came next after the Villager (And arguably still the most hype reveal), and that was Megaman. After Sonic already got in the series through Brawl, Megaman became the next most wanted 3rd Party. And while he missed the chance Pre-Brawl, he managed to give just the right spark for Smash 4 in his initial reveal in the very first trailer for the game. As with previous 3rd Party reveals, the internet went crazy over the news and there are still many videos of pure glee of the reveal on Youtube that truly show just how huge this was for people. Sakurai even tugged at the heartstrings even more by making Megaman a lot like his 8-bit form and the moveset borrowing from different powers Megaman could get from Robot Masters in his games. I do have to say, Megaman is the most deserving 3rd Party in Smash. I even say that as a Sonic fan that in all honesty that Megaman should of been in the series before Sonic did. But I'm surely not going to complain either way. What matters is that we know both of them are in Smash 4 already and that's really all that counts. I myself am very happy for all the Megaman fans out there as I know what it means to have a dream inclusion get in myself thanks to Sonic's reveal for Brawl. I'd really like as many people to have that same feeling as possible. As it's just one of the greatest feelings in the world. While many Megaman fans are upset there hasn't been a new Megaman game in a while, at the very least in a few weeks they'll be able to enjoy playing as him in the Smash Bros. series.

And lastly, we get to the rather controversial part of E3. The Wii Fit Trainer wasn't revealed as sudden as Villager and Mega Man was, the news of her just slowly spread and many people at first thought it was just a joke a day or two after Smash 4's first trailer was shown. There was this mixture of confusion, anger, laughter, etc. as the confirmation of the Trainer set in. It definitely was an odd choice for sure. When people researched it a little more, we found out it might of not been totally out of nowhere. As Wii Fit was one of the best selling games for the Wii. #3 in fact only below Wii Play and Wii Sports. But even knowing that it is still a little confusing at the time because you think to represent those games they'd show off the Miis. We'd find that out later that they couldn't inform us of the Miis yet because they're a huge part of the Custom Movesets which we wouldn't get more explanation on until the next E3, the same E3 in which the Miis themselves were revealed in the first place. But I'll get to that part soon enough. Over time, the Wii Fit Trainer has actually grown on a decent amount of people. And while there are still people who are really mad and probably won't get over it ever. She (Or sometimes he, considering the Male alt. costume) will have the chance to prover her worth as a fighter soon enough.

October 2013 - Sonic's Return

After E3, things settled down for Smash. We did get a few obvious returnees like Olimar, Luigi, and Peach in the coming months after E3. And even just days prior to the October Nintendo Direct we got the return of Toon Link which surprised people because at that time he was considered one of the most likely candidates to not return in the game. But we wouldn't even get a full week to contemplate Toon Link's return fully before the next character reveal. Because lo and behold, Sonic was shown off a little during the very early October direct. Just nine days prior to the 6th anniversary of Sonic's reveal for Brawl. Even though I personally knew it was pretty obvious that Sonic was going to return. What with Sega and Nintendo being the buddies they are, the theory I had that the three game Nintendo Exclusive deal had Sonic's inclusion as a hidden clause, How Popular in general Sonic is, and it didn't make any sense to continue the Mario & Sonic Olympic games without having Sonic come back in the Smash Bros. series too. I was quite happy to hear the news, I wouldn't say as much as I was for his reveal in Brawl (My celebrating was more so how it finally proved any doubters wrong, because there were people who were afraid or even wanted Sonic to be gone because they had though that Sonic would be a Brawl exclusive guest). But cool nonetheless. We were promised Mario, Sonic, and Megaman together. And while that would be topped by yet another 3rd Party reveal having Sonic and Megaman being in the same game for the first time was clearly an exciting thing. It also gave me reassurance that Sonic is here to stay, with his appearance in a game he is an official Smash veteran. He may still be a "guest" as said on the back of the box. But he's also a returning veteran in every sense of the word. I already think his return in Smash 4 makes him a Series staple, even if not on the same level of the Original 12. Ice Climbers might disprove that being in two games does not etch you in stone. There are several differences between the Ice Climbers and Sonic that I think Sonic's popularity alone will keep him around. Just seeing the words "veteran fighter" and Sonic in one sentence makes me smile. And I can't wait to be Smashing at Sonic Speed come October 3rd ^^

December 2013 - Rosalina's Reveal

With October's reveal done. Things kinda slowed down on the update front. When we got a total of three characters within 2-3 weeks, I guess some of us were thinking they might get a little more mad with character reveals. But even though Sonic was the last of the three reveals, things just slowed down if you get the joke there ^^'. There was the unexpected reveal of Marth in November, which I think was one of the few that actually did come out of nowhere instead of being predictable. Because I don't think anyone found a Fire Emblem anniversary in November. But at least we would be awaiting the Direct in December. And sure enough we did get a Newcomer. A rather interesting one too, because it was the first new Mario newcomer in quite a while since Brawl added no new Mario characters whatsoever (Well not counting the Subseries like Wario representing his namesake series and Diddy for the Donkey Kong series anyway). And it wasn't even one of the four that seemed the most likely (Which were Toad, Bowser Jr, Waluigi, and Paper Mario) turning out to be Rosalina from Super Mario Galaxy. Researching it a little more, Rosalina was included as a special tribute to the success Super Mario Galaxy was and also a little to Rosalina's overall popularity. It's easy to see why Rosalina is popular, she's one of the few characters in the Mario series that has a more clear and interesting story to her if you ever watched Rosalina's Storybook in the first Mario Galaxy. And having a more calm demeanor, and the capability of magic making her not as much of a constant damsel-in-distress like Peach is, and not overly loud like Daisy could be in the Spin-offs. I personally think by far she's the best of the Mario Princesses and I am quite interested in how she is in Smash 4. Though there is a part of me that's a bit nitpicky about this inclusion because at the time it kinda seemed like she was going to be the only additional Mario character which would of made me confused of "Why her over Toad and/or Bowser Jr?". Though with Bowser Jr. (And possibly the Koopalings too if they are still Bowser Jr.'s alts) being shown playable through the leak. I'm more ok with Rosalina's inclusion then I was some time ago. I am intrigued enough to know how her puppeteer moveset will overall go in time for Smash 4.

February 2014 - Little Mac's Reveal

So 2013 came to an end after Rosalina came and gone. We would later get another Nintendo Princess in the same month with Zelda. And in the very first month of 2014, we'd get King Dedede and Lucario. Coming Feburary, the Donkey Kong series was on everyone's mind because the Nintendo direct just happened to come around the same time that Tropical Freeze came out in Japan. So pretty much everyone was expecting a Donkey Kong newcomer or even a half veteran and newcomer reveal of Diddy and Dixie together as a duo. But instead we ended up getting Little Mac, probably the most popular retro choice at the time (Even though he did have a new game in 2009, I still think it's fair to say he counts as a Retro inclusion). While we did find out that there was a Punch-Out anniversary at the time of the Direct it still didn't take away from the fact that we were surprised the Newcomer wasn't Donkey Kong related at the slightest. But nonetheless Little Mac's was probably the most welcomed inclusion since Mega Man at the time. Being he's been a wanted character for quite a while, some even saying why this didn't happen sooner considering Little Mac would fit very well in Smash being a career boxer. Even having to get himself promoted from Assist Trophy to Playable Character. Which gives hope to many who were disappointed that their favorites became Assist Trophies instead of Playable. Cause now Assist Trophies can feel like honorable mentions that can be considerations for the next game. While I believe Little Mac will be the only example of this for Smash 4. It surely opens up possibilities in the future. Waluigi anybody?

April 2014 - The Smash Bros. Direct

After LIttle Mac's reveal, we would get Diddy sometime later to satisfy the people who still wanted something for Donkey Kong. But then in March things went empty in regards to character reveals even though there were two times that would of been perfect to show off a veteran. Yoshi for Yoshi's New Island, and Wario for the WarioWare anniversary. The frustration would soon over as we would find out that April was going to have a Smash Bros. specific direct. Showing off more then just a character or two by telling us of new features in the games as well as release windows for both versions. And we were pretty much sure there would be multiple characters revealed. Not just. Which was correct, we got Zero Suit Samus, Shiek, Yoshi, Charizard, and the Newcomer was Greninja. We got a bit of a troll move from Sakurai where for a moment he was saying that Zero Suit Samus was not returning, but then showed her in Smash 4 saying that he was kidding. We also got the answer to the debate on what the heck the Phantom was that showed up on Zelda's page. Even though most just said it was likely just an assist trophy. It was weird that a picture on the character page would include an Assist Trophy of all things. It turning out to be Zelda's new down Smash. While Shiek is now a separate character. Then we finally got Yoshi after all this time. It was odd to see that Yoshi was the only one of the Original 8 that didn't show up at E3 2013. But we all knew he was coming back, it was just only a matter of time. But the biggest character news came with the Pokemon, Charizard was now solo and Greninja was going to be the rep for Generation 6. The Combination of Charizard being solo and characters no longer transforming meant that Squirtle and Ivysaur likely were the first casualties of Brawl's roster. And then you had Greninja which felt like it came out of nowhere, because Generation 6 felt like it was just too soon to get a rep. The game only being released just a half a year earlier. And until a certain newcomer came out from the leak, Greninja was my least favorite Newcomer just for how strange this seemed because it didn't even make as much sense as Pichu's or Lucario's inclusions when they were also "Represent the latest generation" reps. Honestly, it wasn't the characters that made me so happy with the direct, but the biggest thing for me was the idea of the Custom Movesets. It wasn't explained more, but just the concept made me more excited for this game then ever. As it sounded like something that could really make Smash 4 unique amongst the franchise. While we may not know the full roster yet, with the Leak. We know there will be a total of at least 51 (Counting the different types of Miis as separate) characters with 12-16 specials making it so we're promised more then 612 specials to use. It just proved to me that there was going to be more replay value then ever before in Smash 4 even compared to the already fun to play over-and-over again games of the previous series. There will just be so much combinations to explore and see if it helps characters face off with other characters. I'll probably try most default things at first, but when I get heavy into Customization (Likely when I unlock a lot of the customizable moves) I'm very much awaiting when I do.

June 2014 - E3 2014

What was kinda cool about the Smash Bros. Direct last month is that it was only a month prior to the big event of E3 so we felt much less newsless. Though nonetheless we were heavily awaiting to see what kind of Smash Bros. news we would get. And just like the previous E3, we got three Newcomers.

The first of which is no doubt going to be one of the more controversial additions within the Smash Bros. fanbase. But nonetheless with the inclusion starting with a Reggie Vs. Iwata fight. I don't think anybody can deny that they revealed them in one of the coolest ways possible. The Mii Fighters were revealed. I'm personally one of those that would defend the inclusion as one of the best of the game simply because of how much they're using it as the very symbol of the Custom Movesets as well including what made the Wii a huge success in the first place. I also can't believe how many people thought the Miis couldn't make it considering the Villager and the Wii Fit Trainer were basically clues that this was possible. The Villager was the first player avatar-esque characters being the argument that Player Avatars don't count as eligible characters. And I think Wii Fit Trainer's inclusion makes even less sense if the Miis weren't playable either cause you could play Wii Fit and ignore the Yoga/Strength Training sections entirely while you played as your Miis in the other parts of the game. The Miis were the true stars of Wii Fit, and were the stars of the two games that sold more then Wii Fit (Wii Sports and Wii Play). So while Wii Fit Trainer's inclusion even with the Miis leave people scratching their heads, it just would boggle the mind how a character you could totally ignore in their own game could of gotten in the game as a playable when the avatar characters that represent you aren't. Though even if neither Villager or Wii Fit Trainer were revealed earlier, I'm probably one of the few Smash fans that would say the Miis have the merit for it anyway. There was never a true solid argument on why they shouldn't be playable that didn't sound like it was coming from personal bias. And I say that as someone who also wouldn't have been that upset if the Miis had not made it in. I would of only been a bit angry at the people making baseless reasons why the Miis wouldn't be playable would feel like their obvious bias was justified. But in the first moments of the Digital Event, those people were given their humble pie.

The next one came right at the end of the Digital Event, it turning out to be Palutena from Kid Icarus. She was a pretty popular character in speculation. I personally didn't think Kid Icarus was going to gain more then Pit, but the clues in the Smash Bros. direct basically told me already that Palutena was going to happen. It also turned out that Palutena like the Mii Fighters will have completely different specials to choose from as opposed to the other fighters which will mainly have variations of the same move. I'm myself one of those that aren't that excited for her myself, but all her specials being different should be pretty interesting in itself. (Just too bad the last few seconds of her trailer might of been the hint for pretty much the worst newcomer of the game)

And the last Newcomer we got turned out to be our final 3rd Party inclusion in the game: Pac-Man. Ever since we heard Namco was helping a lot with Smash 4, most of us knew Pac-Man had raised chances of getting in the game up the wazoo. With them including Sonic and Megaman in the game, it just feels like it would of been a missed opportunity if they had not included Pac-Man. But in time we learned that they capitalized on this opportunity to have Mario, Sonic, Megaman, and Pac-Man in the same game together. This is going to be a huge selling point for gamers that love their Nostalgia. Because you have two icons that defined gaming in the Early 80s, as well as two more from the late 80s and the early 90s. All four being from different companies that have generously added their characters to the game to add that special touch to the roster. Even better, they didn't choose the controversial Ghostly Adventures design for Pac-Man's default (Always the chance that will be an Alt though), instead opting for the more classic style Pac-Man World design. Many people who were initially against Pac-Man changed their minds at least a little and some may even have Pac-Man growing on them. His moveset is also full of classic Namco references, with one of his taunt even having him randomly show sprites of other Namco games. Pac-Man is also special because he's one of the very first video game mascots. Most if not all the characters owe their very existence to Pac-Man. Because the idea of a popularized character that spread across multiple games was basically made popular with Pac-Man. The different franchises being in Smash is a huge thing, and without Pac-Man being one of the first real character franchises… the Smash Bros. series itself may as well have a lot to thank Pac-Man for. Though while I do welcome him for this reason. There also is the fact that he probably would have not gotten in normally had it not been for Namco being a developer for this game. As much as there are a decent number of people who support Pac-Man regardless, I don't think they would of ever reached the demand that Sonic and Mega Man got. And thus Pac-Man's inclusion feels more like a business move then the fans earning the inclusion like the two blue 3rd Party characters did. That isn't enough to sour my mood though, I'm happy Pac-Man's in this game to make the perfect trifecta of 3rd Party Characters.

Other then the characters we also got news of the 3DS being put in October 3rd for the US. Which kinda came as a disappointment for those who were hoping that the Sumer 2014 date shown during the Direct was truly going to be… well… Summer instead of Early Fall. There was also the Amiibos, which work kinda like the Skylander or Disney Infinity figures only you just need the Gamepad to use them. And for Smash they seem to summon a trainable AI of the character you bought the figure of. I don't really have a lot to say about it. Since I'm likely not going to buy too many (If a Sonic one becomes available I'll probably get that for sure though). But it's a fun little feature. If you're not interested at all just don't buy one. It's that simple. But E3 2014 turned out to be a blast, with even a fun tournament to watch with fun moments like "SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT MEGAMAN!" and was a good day to be a Smash Bros. fan.

July 2014 - Robin & Lucina's Reveal, and Captain Falcon's Return

I'm going to take this chance to talk a little about the Gematsu Leak. There's actually two parts of the Gematsu Leak, the first one having Villager, Mega Man, and Wii Fit Trainer going to be announced at E3 shortly predating the actual event. Villager and Mega Man were fair guesses, but I don't think anyone could of actually said Wii Fit Trainer was a possibility and remain a straight face and also saying that Little Mac, Pac-Man, and Miis are also characters which all turned out to be true. The 2nd part had Palutena, Pokemon from X&Y (Turning out to be Greninja), Chrom, Shulk, and the Chorus Men. After E3 there wasn't a lot of people denying the leak's validity. Cause the first part had been 100% fulfilled and yet another of the 2nd part was revealed with Palutena. So with the Newcomer video coming up, everyone was suspecting it to be Shulk because Monolith Soft members that worked on Xenoblade Chronicles retweeted Sakurai's tweet. Though another possibility that they were going to reveal Chrom instead. So anyone expecting Shulk or Chrom would end up getting the surprise that while it was indeed Fire Emblem related. We instead got Robin, the Player Avatar character from Awakening as well as Lucina. And Chrom being relegated to a part of Robin's Final Smash. Making everyone see that the Gematsu Leak was fake, or at least the 2nd part was. Though while there's still the possibility that the data that the tipper got for the Gematsu Leak was outdated and at the time Chrom was going to be the character before Sakurai changed his mind. It still no doubt had a lot of people thinking that the leak just had a lot of lucky guesses. Besides the reveal of the two Fire Emblem characters, we also got the return of Captain Falcon. Probably the one character that is super popular all-thanks to him being a part of the Smash series. Many Smash fans were actually happier to see him in the trailer then they were for the Newcomers, telling you just how much some of us really love the ol' Captain. But back to the Newcomers, it is cool to finally have a Fire Emblem character that doesn't 100% rely on swords. Robin is the closest to a Mage character with the different types of Magic he or she can use. What was probably a lot less exciting was Lucina who's just going to be a clone of Marth. She'll be basically the new Roy, even with her sword not having a sweet spot. And with the Roster Leak, she won't be the only one. However, unlike the other two she is a little more worth it considering she is fairly popular within the Fire Emblem fandom. And even with all the clones, Custom Movesets might help quite a bit

August 2014 - Shulk's Reveal and the Roster Leak

Even though chronologically, the Leak came before Shulk's official reveal. I want to talk about the reveal first just because. It strangely came in a Japanese only Nintendo Direct, but nonetheless. A character representing a budding franchise that has became a cult classic was officially revealed not too long ago. The uses of the Monado make him different from most of the other sword users as the Monado is far from the traditional sword. Allowing him to change his status, making him able to do many different things where he can either be faster, stronger, make more damage, or launch with more knockback. It certainly will make playing him about as strategic as the RPG he hails from for sure.

But anyway, the final event of Speculation is the Roster Leak. As we're only days away from the very end of Roster Speculation as we know it. I first want to say that I won't say too much about Dr. Mario and Dark Pit. I've already expressed a bit of my dislike for their inclusions in the Merit thread and I'd really like to focus more on the positives (For that reason I also won't talk about the possible cuts). Cause ignoring those two, we still have quite a diverse roster. We have Bowser Jr., and Duck Hunt Dog in addition to the return of everyone else of the Original 12, most of the Melee returnees, as well as unique inclusions from Brawl to make the total of spots on the roster 48 not counting the Miis (Which seem to only appear when Customization is on) and there is the possibility that won't be all we have. But we'll know for sure hopefully by the end of the week. That's actually more then I was expecting even if the 48-51 is all we're getting after all. I was thinking throughout most of speculation that 45 was going to be the absolute maximum. But if you include the three different Miis, you have just a little over 50 different characters to play as. And that's amazing even compared to Brawl's size. And if you get both versions, you're playing all 51 of those at least once. And with the addition of Custom Movesets, that's quite a bit just to do with the characters (I'll be personally trying all the Custom Moves, and I plan on playing them all over again with the more comfortable Gamecube Controller on the Wii U version ^^). Let alone all the other modes in the game you can play all the characters in. So while the roster may not entirely meet the expectations that Brawl's set gave us. The pure quantity (With certainly some quality too!) of the roster is amazing. Even better if we still don't know the Roster. But even if the ones we already know is all we get, I'm ok. Like I said 49-51 is more then I was expecting for most of speculation. And even though there are two of those I don't like at all that they're in, that's still 47-49 characters that I am at least ok with. That still blew my expectations. So overall, while I initially had a bit of a dramatic reaction to the roster just because of Dark Pit and Dr. Mario, I have long since thought about every day that I now know for sure we're getting around 50 characters and not just at or below 45. If there are indeed more characters still yet to show, then that's just icing on the cake. Especially if some characters a lot of fans have been wanting the entire time Speculation begun like Ridley and/or Mewtwo to come back from Melee (I'm sure there would be quite a negative reaction if Mewtwo isn't somewhere in there but Dr. Mario is the returning Melee character). So I'm eagerly awaiting to see what's in store for us at the end of the week. Where even the Worst-Case scenario is not that bad (The Roster leak we got was all the characters in the game not counting the possibility of DLC in the future), we know that in time we'll accept things as they are and move on as we finally enjoy a long anticipated game on two systems. Speculation on who would make it in or not may be over now unless DLC Characters are announced or until the next Smash. But now the game itself being in our hands 3 weeks from now. With time winding down on Character speculation, we'll be relieved to finally have the game itself to play. A lot of us may have at least one or two things they may not like, whether it's not including their most wanted character, including characters they don't like, or cutting a character who was their main from the previous game. But in time, most of us will recover and just enjoy the game we have been waiting for since we first heard that a new Smash Bros. was going to start development soon back in 2011.

I'm insanely hyped for this game. I just hope that Ice Climbers and Wolf mains won't be disappointed.

To be honest, I feel like all the leaks killed what hype I did have for this game. I only really believe the videos, but the constant leaking just sucks out the intrigue, surprise and interest I have in the game.

That said, I'm still looking forward to it, but I'm not really itching to play it or anything.

Robin said:
To be honest, I feel like all the leaks killed what hype I did have for this game. I only really believe the videos, but the constant leaking just sucks out the intrigue, surprise and interest I have in the game.

That said, I'm still looking forward to it, but I'm not really itching to play it or anything.
Are you my twin from a differnt part of the earth?

Smash 4 has been my most anticipated game for a long time now. I'm skipping the 3DS version and saving money to get the Wii U version with the GameCube controller port.

Can't wait to try out the new characters.

This game isn't making me impatient

They announced the game far too early. Nobody bothers when it comes to game that makes you wait. Take World Tour as an example. Except that this is Smash. So in reality, all they did was kill excitement for having us wait about two years.

Far too early...? No this game was announced just about the right time, especially when the Wii U needed sales. Badly.

How does announcing a game increase sales? Or do people buy a console and hold on to it for a year just for one game?

Ninelevendo said:
How does announcing a game increase sales? Or do people buy a console and hold on to it for a year just for one game?

i literally got a 3DS and a Wii U just because Smash Bros. was coming on both systems. :V

I obviously get more then just Smash for the console. But the main reason I got them both was because we knew already Smash Bros. was coming to both systems.

Some people care about Smash Bros. that much.

Why....

why did DK and Diddy and Bowser and Mario and Luigi have recycled voices from Brawl?

T,T

Maᴙio said:
Why....

why did DK and Diddy and Bowser and Mario and Luigi have recycled voices from Brawl?

T,T

i hate that more than i hate dark pit, duck hunt dog, whatever's inclusion

Same here.

Brawl has the absolute worst voices for this kind of art style.

Back