Unpopular opinions about the Super Smash Bros series.

I'll try it later to see if I can actually beat it on Hard, as it is the only event match which I haven't gotten the reward from.

I prefer Port Town Aero Dive over Melee's Mute City.

Another unpopular(?) opinion of mine is that I don't dislike the fact that there are 6 versions of the Jungle Hijinx theme in SSB4 for Wii U.

These are my favorite costumes for the characters I use the most:

SSB4_-_Donkey_Kong_Artwork.png

Peach_SSB4_Artwork_-_Red.jpg

zzUEqkI.jpg

One of the best things to do in an 8-player Smash is to power up a hothead, wait for a CPU to pick it up and throw it and then reflect back at them. Then you can watch the hothead send them flying for a one-hit KO or the hothead destroying their shield in one hit. The stage used is preferrably Final Destination or an Ω stage with a similar structure to it like 75m.

Brawl has three things over the other games in the series:

The best "No Contest" screen.

The best perfect shield sound effect.

The best sound effect for DK's Hand Slap.

Honestly it's very hard to tell if your opinions are unpopular because they're typically small details, which I don't commonly hear people talk about

I honestly am not a fan of either Classic mode between 3DS and Wii U. Not sure how unpopular that is but I always assumed that at least the 3DS version was praised.

I ultimately like Brawl the best out of the four (five if you count the 3DS and Wii U versions as separate) games in the series.

I don't even know why, because those stages are basically just a stereotype and misunderstanding of competitive smash.

Baby Luigi said:
I don't even know why, because those stages are basically just a stereotype and misunderstanding of competitive smash.

From what I've read about competitive Brawl, Smashville is the best stage for competitive play. It is one of only three stages allowed in the Japanese ruleset, the others being Battlefield and Final Destination.

Melee is so controversial that your opinion is probably unpopular whether it's positive or negative lol.

I like all the Smash games but Brawl is the most underrated, I don't understand why modders felt the need to transform it into Melee 2.0 (New characters/stages fine, but are Brawl's mechanics really that awful?)

Stale moves really hurt in Brawl, as you're trying to make a KO with a certain attack, but if it's used too much, it's not just the amount of damage dealt that gets affected, but also the knockback growth. In other words, a normally powerful attack ends up failing to make KOs while stale, even when the opponent's current damage goes beyond realistic levels.

Melee and Smash 3DS / Wii U are far less penalizing with their stale move mechanics in that it's just the damage dealt that gets affected.

I like the Fire Bar more than the Homerun Bat.

The Wild Gunman is my favorite Smash 4 assist trophy.

Smash 4 has a worse set of assist trophies than Brawl.

Smashville and Town and City are one of the most boring stages to play on.

Air Conditioner said:
Melee is so controversial that your opinion is probably unpopular whether it's positive or negative lol.

I like all the Smash games but Brawl is the most underrated, I don't understand why modders felt the need to transform it into Melee 2.0 (New characters/stages fine, but are Brawl's mechanics really that awful?)
Because most people thought Brawl was a terrible competitive game

Back