Worst Mario Kart Items?

What top three Mario Kart items do you want to invite to your party and then beat the hell out of th

• Banana

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Triple Bananas

• Blooper

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Bob-omb

• Boo

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Boomerang Flower

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Bowser Shell

• Bullet Bill/Chain Chomp

• Coin

Votes: 16 43.2%
  • Crazy 8/Lucky Seven

• Yoshi Egg/Birdo Egg

• Fake Item Box

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Feather

• Fireball

• Fire Flower

• Giant Banana

• Golden Mushroom

• Green Shell

• Triple Green Shells

• Heart

• Mega Mushroom

• Mushroom

• Triple Mushrooms

• Potted Piranha Plant

• POW Block

• Red Shell

• Triple Red Shells

• Spiny Shell

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • Star

• Super Horn

• Super Leaf

• Thunderbolt

• Thunder Cloud

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • A Mario Kart Arcade GP item

• Total voters

Ray Trace

Fastest at casing, fastest at carrying
Poll Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
Here's my top three

1. Coin
95px-CoinMK8.png

These doofus discs that cause major greed in Mushroom Kingdom also causes major grief in Mario Kart 8. When you want a defensive item against a red shell, you get this! And it appears when you least need it! Now I wouldn't have a problem with having a defenseless item now and then...except these gilded pieces of poo appear WAY TOO COMMONLY in Mario Kart 8. They even have the BALLS to appear in item exclusive modes. That is what makes it a GUARANTEE to be on this list.

2. Spiny Shell
100px-SpinyShellMK8.png

Seriously, what can I say here that every other Mario Kart player hasn't said?

3. Blooper
100px-BlooperMK8.png

Oh my god this item suuuuuuuuuuuucks.

If you're one-on-one in battle mode in Mario Kart 8 with both one balloon left and you receive this item next to your opponent who also receives an item, you can kiss your ass goodbye. This item is woefully USELESS in racing, and even MORE WORTHLESS in battle mode, which I also happen to play a lot of. It's a TINY bit better in Mario Kart 8 but it's STILL an awful item.

Runner-Ups
Yoshi Egg (partially because it's Yoshi's special item)
Lucky Seven (utterly broken in battle mode, the Crazy 8 is better since it doesn't appear in battle mode)
Thunder Cloud (you can't list worst items ever WITHOUT mentioning this garbage)
Thunderbolt (it's highly irritating. It's much more useful pre-DS era where last place could actually pass penultimate place since newer versions grow back WAY too quickly)

Thunder Cloud, Blooper, and Coin.

I just chose Coin and Blooper, the Spiny Shell is fine to me. Yes it's annoying but when your doing online, there are those people far far up ahead that a Red Shell may not reach them and the only thing you can rely on is a POW (MKW only), Lightning, or the Spiny Shell. But it sucks in Mario Kart 7/8 because it doesn't cause a big impact on the player like it did in Double Dash and Wii where it flips them into the air.

And maybe if they changed what the Blooper did, maybe making him spray out a trail of ink which makes people spin out or drive slower then it would make a much better item!

DragonFreak said:
I think I am the only one in existence who kind of likes the thunder cloud.

It's all right and hilarious against bots

1. Satan Shell
2. Satan Shell
3. Satan Shell
4. Satan Shell
5. Satan Shell
6. Satan Shell
7. Satan Shell
8. Satan Shell
9. Satan Shell
10. Satan Shell

I honestly like the Fake Item Box. It may be another Banana, but I still like to place it where it's likely to hit someone.

Lario said:
I honestly like the Fake Item Box. It may be another Banana, but I still like to place it where it's likely to hit someone.
I consider it useless because it has never fooled a single driver and it brings no protection when dragged behind you.

I voted
1. Blooper
2. Fake Item Box
3. Coin

Lario said:
But you can't drag it behind you and that's why I don't like it.

Diantha said:
Lario said:
I consider it useless because it has never fooled a single driver and it brings no protection when dragged behind you.
Fooled me a lot cause I am gullible. But more prone in battle mode.

ITEM HATE

3.Red Shell
2.Triple Red Shell
1.THE DEMONIC EVIL MONSTROUS BLUE SHELL
QYWkumk.jpg

help i accidentally voted thunder bolt instead of thunder cloud how do i change my vote

Baby Man said:
DragonFreak said:
I think I am the only one in existence who kind of likes the thunder cloud.

It's all right and hilarious against bots
the thundercloud was a creative idea, it just didn't work so well in execution. that said, i didn't mind it too much

Diantha said:
Lario said:
I find it to be pretty useful if it's dropped inside of a legit item box

Only the DS Fake item box fooled me. The others basically scream, "Hi I'm fake!"
DS
FItembox.PNG
WII
465px-Fake_Item_Box_-_Mario_Kart_Wii.png

Lucky Seven/ Crazy Eight since you never know which item spinning around you will be used. Once I tried using the Star when I instead threw a Bob-Omb and blew myself up.

I thought it was always the one in front of you that is used.

Whenever I get Crazy 8, I just press L rapidly until all the items are gone.

Baby Man said:
Runner-Ups

How is the Yoshi Egg a bad item? It is a buffed red shell which appears often.

3. Fake item box
465px-Fake_Item_Box_-_Mario_Kart_Wii.png

Basically a worse banana because it doesn't protect against shells and its red color makes it easily recognizable.

2. Blooper
100px-BlooperMK8.png

Upon Mario Kart 7, this item was totally useless. In Mario Kart 8 it got some utility because the ink now reduces your traction. But still, it is rare when the ink actually screw up the racers. This item needs more buff. I personally think the ink should totally cover the screen. So the item will really be useful.

1. Coin
95px-CoinMK8.png

Easily the most useless thing. Why you have to get this so many times? The two coins little speed boost is so obsolete compared to what you could have done with another item. Not to mention getting coins makes you totally defenseless so you will likely lose the coins you just got, this is so frustrating when it happens. I think it would be better to remove this item for the next Mario Kart.

Oins are useless, but Super Leaves are also pretty annoying, as well as Thunder Clouds. Spiny Shells are my mortal enemy.

I only hate the Coin and the Thunder Cloud. Some items, like the Super Leaf or Blooper, are meh but not completely terrible.

Cirdec said:
Baby Man said:
Runner-Ups

How is the Yoshi Egg a bad item? It is a buffed red shell which appears often.
I'll answer for my sister for several reasons:

• Limited range
  • Buggier AI than the Red Shell
  • The way the Egg tosses items when it bursts has potential to help the opponent. I've been hit by Eggs, or I've even deflected Eggs, and it spits out a Star that I then take. Items that directly help your enemies aren't bad, they're terrible.

Back