Unpopular opinions about the Zelda series

Magikrazy said:
Baby Man said:
I call Zelda games "Link games"
Do you do that with every franchise?

I have a very specific rules for that.

Like Pokemon isn't the "Red games" and Earthbound isn't the "Ness games"

Master Chief games is one example. Another is Pit games. A character has to be the lead star for most, if not all games, and usually have no other characters playable.

Baby Man said:
I call Zelda games "Link games"

I do the same sometimes. There's nothing wrong about it. It might not be the most correct answer, but it's still an acceptable term.

I really don't like the Song of Storms theme. I think it's rather annoying (loved it at first when I first heard it in MM, but when I heard it in OoT I just lost interest in it).

NSY said:
I think Wind Waker has the weakest soundtrack of all the 3D Zelda games.

I absolutely love the hell out of that game, but I agree. The only songs worth remembering are Outset, Windfall, Dragon Roost and the main theme.

I would also love to see another multiplayer Zelda game, but maybe with a bit more... plot? I guess that's why FS and FSA never appealed to me.

PeskyPlumbers64 said:
Eevee said:
Tuxedo Ridley said:
Eevee said:
There's something off about acting severely like the opposite gender (and he's extremely shallow.)
So if a character displays traits you associate with the opposite gender, that's BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD.
No, I'm fine with that, unless (in his case) it's so severe that you can actually mistake him/her for the opposite gender.

PeskyPlumbers64 said:
*peers behind rock* I don't actually have a problem with the CD-I games.
I agree, mainly because the cutscenes are narmy.

The cutscenes are AMAZING
I know! My favorite part about it is the emotional impact. "I wonder what's for dinner" really moves me to tears.

"MAH BOI THIS PEACE IS WHAT ALL TRUE WARRIORS STRIVE FOR"

Talk about deep stuff man.

"I'm so hungry, I could eat an Octorok!"

I can truly understand Link's plight and empathise with him.

Me too. I can't stand the twats who shout "REALISTIC ZELDA BETTER" and I'm happy with Zelda U's artstyle as well.

Plain Ol Giga12 said:
Me too. I can't stand the twats who shout "REALISTIC ZELDA BETTER" and I'm happy with Zelda U's artstyle as well.

Same,I don't care if it's realistic or not , as long as it's zelda

Plain Ol Giga12 said:

I hate realistic art styles in general

realistic and unrealistic are both good though I do prefer the former

I prefer realistic, but I won't complain as long as the gameplay itself is of high quality.

Zelda U's artstyle seems to be more of a blend of both styles, both colorful and realistic, that's what it noticed from the very short trailer.

It definitely leans more towards WW than TP. Certainly does a better job of blending the two than SS ever did.

Unpopular opinion:

They're LINK games from the LINK series.

Looks like this is now an unpopular opinion: I liked Twilight Princess's style more than WW. You may argue that it's too dark, but at least I can take it seriously.

I like Legend of Zelda II: The Adventure of Link.

...Don't think that's unpopular.

Tuxedo Ridley said:
...Don't think that's unpopular.
Surprisingly, it's pretty unpopular. A lot of Zelda fans don't like it cause they said it doesn't follow the traditional Zelda style.

Link II is also notorious for being really difficult.

I wouldn't consider it one of the better Link games, but it doesn't seem bad.

Back