Unpopular opinions about the Zelda series

Skyward Sword's one of the harder ones, aside from the constant handholding and linearity. Especially with the emphasis on precise sword motions.

SS, for all I love it, doesn't feel like a Zelda game to me. Probably because of its linearity. Even the exceptional soundtrack is more ambience than the epic tunes that Zelda is known for (Then again, quite a bit of OoT's music is ambience) It actually feels more like a Mario game at certain points.

I also prefer LttP/ALBW's soundtrack over OoT's. Especially the Lost Woods theme.

Magikrazy said:
Navi and Kaepora Gabora aren't annoying.
I agree, but the memetic picture below is pretty funny.
2aa5aa4ecad47b7731f9fd2ea470e1b14969774822ecba699a894d06115b5d20.jpg

i admit, that made me laugh

Skyward Sword is a good game. It has it's problems, but the other titles have their faults as well. Egoraptor lied to you.

Hackmon said:
My only gripes with SS is that it is a little short for a console Zelda game and I triggered the fatal glitch. Other than that, it is very awesome.

Short?

I admit that it only had like 6-7 dungeons, but it's probably the longest 3D Zelda game. There's just a lot of overworld to be dealt with. Like, I would say 70% of the game is so task or challenge you have to do in each of the three main areas, and then the other 30% is the temples/dungeons.

TP was more centered around temples than the overworld, though there were still a lot of in between time for each temple that required, which I really liked better since SS's tasks were a bit drastic and can be rather tedious.

Speaking of TP, I am probably one of the few that actually liked the bug-hunting Twilight realm stuff. I really thought it was something fun. I admit that usually I would have to stop for the day right before or during the first temple since it takes like 4-5 hours just to get there, but it really at least really builds up the plot and the characters and everything. Plus, it actually can be fun if you make it fun.

Henry said:
Hackmon said:
My only gripes with SS is that it is a little short for a console Zelda game and I triggered the fatal glitch. Other than that, it is very awesome.

Short?

I admit that it only had like 6-7 dungeons, but it's probably the longest 3D Zelda game
Skyward Sword being the longest 3D Zelda game? It took me a playtime of 24 hours to get 100%. While it took me much longer to just complete the main quest in TP and OoT.

Other than Midna, the dungeons and soundtrack, Twilight Princess was a forgetable game where it's fans only cling to it for the realistic visuals.

I do not cling to TP just because of it's realistic visuals

Twilight Princess is my least favorite 3d zelda mostly because of how combat (an important facotor) was not that great. It was a shame most other things in the game were.

All the TP hate is not unpopular, you know.

It still has a massive fanbase though.

TheFarmboy said:
Other than Midna, the dungeons and soundtrack, Twilight Princess was a forgetable game where it's fans only cling to it for the realistic visuals.

For the record, only like 10% of why people actually like TP. It's seems uncommon for people to udnerstand that the game is not Ocarina of Time 1.5, and that it actually had a great plot and tons of excellent characters.

Skyward Sword is the best Zelda to date.
Ghirahim is the best villain ever introduced in Zelda, above Ganondorf.
I didn't like Malon, she's stupid.
Saria is a good-for-nothing character. She just exists and does nothing notable at all.
TP Gorons > OoT. Except Darunia, he's awesome.
Other than Darunia and Nabooru, most supporting characters did much of nothing and didn't have much a personality. They were annoying for the most part.
TP > OoT
Jabu Jabu design and look is jarring as he looks more cartoony than the rest of the Zora's.
TP Zora's > OoT
Majora's Mask sucks. Period. Worse Zelda game ever made.

I think that Zant's zany character that appeared at the end of the game was not a disappointment if you think about the plot and the overall effect they were going with him. I do admit that it would have been nice to see his face forever concealed to leave a bit of mystery about him, because when we see his mouth after the Water Temple, that literally gave me goosebumps the first time I saw it.

The thing with Zant though is that he was building up to be this real dark bloody villain to only turn about to be a clown who had too much to drink. I actually find it quite funny but it was a bit of missed potential

Wand of Gamelon's cutscenes were slightly more tolerable than The Faces of Evil's.

Bowshygul said:
John YRU talking to yourself?

You know I've just been enjoying the day so far.

I'm chillin' here with all my favorite games and deciding which one to play.

sMRG42M.jpg

And you know I see all these fabulous games here each worth hours and hours of enjoyabilty and high-quality gameplay

BFPHFAt.jpg

So the reason why I talk to myself is... is...

wait what is that there?

is it... it is...

Z29fECE.jpg

PREPOSTEROUS! I THOUGHT I HAD GOTTEN RID OF THIS MISERY MONTHS AGO!

I guess there's only one way to deal with this serious threat...

Back